Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malin's DLRP Trip Report

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Re: Malin's DLRP Trip Report

    Yes, the Scream machines are irritating but I would welcome more of those sort of themed areas in the park as it constantly attracts a large crowd. The Monsters Inc corner puts the photo op's at Toon Studios to shame and the added details and those dreaded Scream Machines do add to the overall effect.

    (NDJnr loved the Scream machines and kept returning to them to empty his lungs as loudly as possible!)

    Also, I was happy to see that I (all 6'4 of me!) could easily fit into Crush's Coaster.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011




    Comment


    • #22
      Re: Malin's DLRP Trip Report

      The water effects worked when I went in July :S

      Comment


      • #23
        Re: Malin's DLRP Trip Report

        Originally posted by nathan detroit View Post
        Yes, the Scream machines are irritating but I would welcome more of those sort of themed areas in the park as it constantly attracts a large crowd. The Monsters Inc corner puts the photo op's at Toon Studios to shame and the added details and those dreaded Scream Machines do add to the overall effect.

        (NDJnr loved the Scream machines and kept returning to them to empty his lungs as loudly as possible!)
        True despite how annoying I find them I wouldn't want to see them removed. As the kids all seem to be having a blast and thats what its all about.
        Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

        Comment


        • #24
          Re: Malin's DLRP Trip Report

          Originally posted by fizzog View Post
          The water effects worked when I went in July :S
          Thats good to know I actually wonder if the efects were not working due to how bad the weather was that day. Could you if you have time check on this on your next trip.
          Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

          Comment


          • #25
            Re: Malin's DLRP Trip Report

            Originally posted by nathan detroit View Post
            The nauseating nature of iasw is somewhat lessened when accompanied by a spell-bound toddler.
            Funny, before we had kids, my wife convinced me to ride 10 times in a row without getting off. Personally, I would rather ride IASW than the lame Indy.
            Let's put the Walt back in Disney!




            Comment


            • #26
              Re: Malin's DLRP Trip Report

              Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

              Comment


              • #27
                Re: Malin's DLRP Trip Report

                Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

                Comment


                • #28
                  Re: Malin's DLRP Trip Report

                  Great trip report - a regular cliffhanging serial!

                  What sort of bag did you need to store? I have to say that I find that even the coasters have enough foot-well room to stick a large-ish bag in (and I have long legs and big feet!) and with my gift shopping, I always take advantage of the pick-up service from the hotel shop.
                  WDW - 1987 & 1991
                  DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
                  DLR - October 2011




                  Comment


                  • #29
                    Re: Malin's DLRP Trip Report

                    Fantastic report. Sorry to hear about Mission 2 being a let down. More the reason for them to change it back to From the Earth to the Moon, along with the return of the old area loops! If only they would listen...
                    Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

                    Comment


                    • #30
                      Re: Malin's DLRP Trip Report

                      Originally posted by nathan detroit View Post
                      What sort of bag did you need to store? I have to say that I find that even the coasters have enough foot-well room to stick a large-ish bag in (and I have long legs and big feet!) and with my gift shopping, I always take advantage of the pick-up service from the hotel shop.
                      It was a small rucksack but I had expensive stuff like my DVD Video camera in it so I didn't want to risk taking it on the more intense attractions. Personally there are some attractions you just don't want to take your rucksack on!
                      Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

                      Comment


                      • #31
                        Re: Malin's DLRP Trip Report

                        Originally posted by TDR_Fan View Post
                        Fantastic report. Sorry to hear about Mission 2 being a let down. More the reason for them to change it back to From the Earth to the Moon, along with the return of the old area loops! If only they would listen...
                        Personally I think the money spent on Mission 2 should of gone into improving the track, and other ride effects.
                        Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

                        Comment

                        Get Away Today Footer

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X