• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malin
    replied
    Re: Malin's DLRP Trip Report

Originally posted by mikeland View Post
    Thanks for the report! How was the shuttle bus ride to and from the hotel? I hear they can be quite hectic.
    Yeah they can be very hectic at times, its best to avoid certain times of the day for sure. Europeans will have no probs shoving you out the way. I also during my trip caught a family lifting a stroller above there heads and keeping it they some they could get on the bus. Main reason why I'll never stay at the Santa Fe again just to far from the parks.

Leave a comment:

• Malin
    replied

Originally posted by GUYNYC View Post
    Nice report. Sorry about the rain. Did everything come to a halt? Or do they keep things open. I'm preparing to head off next week for DLRP. I'm hoping that they get around to fixing up some of the issues with Small World before I get there. I saw on their website that it's got a scheduled closing right before the end of my stay. So if it reopens as planned, I'll let you know if they fixed it up or not. Any advice in general? I've been there before when it was Euro, but never to Studios--sadly I know, that's the whole reason for my trip is to see that park, as it is the only Disney theme park that I haven't been to. But what an excuse to get to see Disneyland Paris too.
    Yeah rain was a bit of a downer but atleast it wasn't to heavy. All attractions were kept open and all shows went ahead but I did see a alternative version of Candlebration where the guys with the flags were no where to be seen.

The work on Its a small world shouldn't take much to fix. Its just more or less cleaning up and repainting the sets and removing the mold from the bottom of the water as well as fixing some of the AA's. This is why I'm so angered by the neglect because the issues I found could be easily fixed. I was actually very tempted to volenteer my services but I was on vacation.

Rest is on the way
    Last edited by Malin; 10-04-2007, 12:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• nathan detroit
    replied

Good report.

Let's have the rest then!

Leave a comment:

• fizzog
    replied

Brilliant comeback Puss haha. I did it once on the first day to get it over with, not again. I have to say, it didn't look brilliant, but I always hated that you could see the roof

Leave a comment:

• pussnboots
    replied

Originally posted by StrongStyle View Post
    Malin, you must have a lot better eye for these problems than I do, i only noticed 2 broken AAs in Small World and didn't notice the dust either; and we rode it 5 times. I've been thinking about getting my eyes checked, maybe the problem is worse than I thought.
    If you rode It's a Small World five times, you might want to get something else checked too, haha.

Leave a comment:

• StrongStyle
    replied

Malin, you must have a lot better eye for these problems than I do, i only noticed 2 broken AAs in Small World and didn't notice the dust either; and we rode it 5 times. I've been thinking about getting my eyes checked, maybe the problem is worse than I thought.

Leave a comment:

• mikeland
    replied

Thanks for the report! How was the shuttle bus ride to and from the hotel? I hear they can be quite hectic.

Leave a comment:

• fizzog
    replied

One doesn't need an excuse! Nice report so far Malin, I look forward to reading the rest

Leave a comment:

• GUYNYC
    replied

Nice report. Sorry about the rain. Did everything come to a halt? Or do they keep things open. I'm preparing to head off next week for DLRP. I'm hoping that they get around to fixing up some of the issues with Small World before I get there. I saw on their website that it's got a scheduled closing right before the end of my stay. So if it reopens as planned, I'll let you know if they fixed it up or not. Any advice in general? I've been there before when it was Euro, but never to Studios--sadly I know, that's the whole reason for my trip is to see that park, as it is the only Disney theme park that I haven't been to. But what an excuse to get to see Disneyland Paris too.

Leave a comment:

• Malin
    replied

By the way for those of you who enjoy this trip report you may line to check out the TDR section for my trip report to Tokyo. http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...07935&posted=1

Leave a comment:

• Malin
    started a topic Malin's DLRP Trip Report

Malin's DLRP Trip Report

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X