• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malin
    replied
    Re: Malin's DLRP Trip Report

Originally posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    Fantastic report. Sorry to hear about Mission 2 being a let down. More the reason for them to change it back to From the Earth to the Moon, along with the return of the old area loops! If only they would listen...
    Personally I think the money spent on Mission 2 should of gone into improving the track, and other ride effects.

Leave a comment:

• Malin
    replied

Originally posted by nathan detroit View Post
    What sort of bag did you need to store? I have to say that I find that even the coasters have enough foot-well room to stick a large-ish bag in (and I have long legs and big feet!) and with my gift shopping, I always take advantage of the pick-up service from the hotel shop.
    It was a small rucksack but I had expensive stuff like my DVD Video camera in it so I didn't want to risk taking it on the more intense attractions. Personally there are some attractions you just don't want to take your rucksack on!

Leave a comment:

• TDR_Fan
    replied

Fantastic report. Sorry to hear about Mission 2 being a let down. More the reason for them to change it back to From the Earth to the Moon, along with the return of the old area loops! If only they would listen...

Leave a comment:

• nathan detroit
    replied

Great trip report - a regular cliffhanging serial!

What sort of bag did you need to store? I have to say that I find that even the coasters have enough foot-well room to stick a large-ish bag in (and I have long legs and big feet!) and with my gift shopping, I always take advantage of the pick-up service from the hotel shop.

Leave a comment:

• Malin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Malin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• davewasbaloo
    replied

The nauseating nature of iasw is somewhat lessened when accompanied by a spell-bound toddler.
    Funny, before we had kids, my wife convinced me to ride 10 times in a row without getting off. Personally, I would rather ride IASW than the lame Indy.

Leave a comment:

• Malin
    replied

Originally posted by fizzog View Post
    The water effects worked when I went in July :S
    Thats good to know I actually wonder if the efects were not working due to how bad the weather was that day. Could you if you have time check on this on your next trip.

Leave a comment:

• Malin
    replied

Yes, the Scream machines are irritating but I would welcome more of those sort of themed areas in the park as it constantly attracts a large crowd. The Monsters Inc corner puts the photo op's at Toon Studios to shame and the added details and those dreaded Scream Machines do add to the overall effect.

(NDJnr loved the Scream machines and kept returning to them to empty his lungs as loudly as possible!)
    True despite how annoying I find them I wouldn't want to see them removed. As the kids all seem to be having a blast and thats what its all about.

Leave a comment:

• fizzog
    replied

The water effects worked when I went in July :S

Leave a comment:

• nathan detroit
    replied

Yes, the Scream machines are irritating but I would welcome more of those sort of themed areas in the park as it constantly attracts a large crowd. The Monsters Inc corner puts the photo op's at Toon Studios to shame and the added details and those dreaded Scream Machines do add to the overall effect.

(NDJnr loved the Scream machines and kept returning to them to empty his lungs as loudly as possible!)

Also, I was happy to see that I (all 6'4 of me!) could easily fit into Crush's Coaster.

Leave a comment:

• Malin
    replied

Right moving right along here

Leave a comment:

• nathan detroit
    replied

I liked Buzz, but as with most comuter games, I got quickly bored of it. To be honest I didn't take much notice of my score either.

Leave a comment:

• fizzog
    replied

Buzz was...well, I don't wanna talk about it

Leave a comment:

• StrongStyle
    replied

That may be so, but while roller coasters give a rush, i dont think there is a ride that I enjoy more than Buzz. As a computer game player is really appeals to me because you just SO want to beat your highest score and make that next level. While I don't see how it is possible to break the 999,999 barrier without a break down in a serioulsy good place, the want to achieve it will get me back on that ride time after time.

Leave a comment:

• nathan detroit
    replied

NDJnr did exactly the same in the Pinocchio ride - Buzz has a lot to answer for!

Leave a comment:

• StrongStyle
    replied

The nauseating nature of iasw is somewhat lessened when accompanied by a spell-bound toddler.
    And made quite funny when its a spellbound toddler with a Buzz Lightyear gun going through the attraction shooting the AAs. I'm sure he thought the broken AAs were through his marksmanship abilities.

"Quick Gage, there's China, get them!!!" and so on.

Leave a comment:

• nathan detroit
    replied

Leave a comment:

• StrongStyle
    replied

Originally posted by pussnboots View Post
    If you rode It's a Small World five times, you might want to get something else checked too, haha.
    LOL! I should probably add, it wasn't completely by choice. Unfortunately my son still isn't a huge fan of the dark rides with the exception of Buzz and although tall enough Thunder Mountain didn't get 2 thumbs up either, but we thought we would take him on Small World this trip (we ushered him away from it on 2 previous trips) and he loved it and constantly asked to go back on it.

In a way we were lucky to only have to go on it 5 times, imagine he loved it as much as Buzz, we could have been in double Small World digits.

I did notice the flooring in the outside pools, some of it is mould, some of it coins; i have to say that it doesn't grate on me the way it does others, i saw worse water damage from the Dumbo queue and the rock pool to the right hand side of Discoveryland entrance is plain green. I didn't notice the need for either dusting or repainting, what actually stood out more to me was the way the warehouse style ceiling has never been hidden.

Leave a comment:

• Malin
    replied

Originally posted by StrongStyle View Post
    Malin, you must have a lot better eye for these problems than I do, i only noticed 2 broken AAs in Small World and didn't notice the dust either; and we rode it 5 times. I've been thinking about getting my eyes checked, maybe the problem is worse than I thought.
    I'm kind of happy you missed most of the neglect I saw StrongStyle as it would of taken away from your vacation.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X