This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DLRP Backstorys

Obviously everything in DLP has some kind of backstory to it. Take for instance Phantom Manor with the tragic story involving the bride. Well that is one of the more well known story's of the park, but what I wanted to know was do any of you know of any other less well known backstorys that any of you care to discuss?

By the way I'm posting this in the Tokyo section on TDS, but sadly I posted the wrong title here. Could a mod change it for me
    Last edited by Malin; 10-07-2007, 04:19 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Re: DLRP Backstorys

Double post sorry folks

Comment

Re: TDS Backstorys

For the backstory on iasw, I draw your attention to the episode of Family Guy where it is revealed that that's where lost children are kept, chained to the floor and forced to sing the song.
      Last edited by nathan detroit; 10-07-2007, 01:42 PM.
      WDW - 1987 & 1991
      DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
      DLR - October 2011

Comment

Originally posted by nathan detroit View Post
        For the backstory on iasw, I draw your attention to the episode of Family Guy where it is revealed that that's where lost children are kept, chained to the floor and forced to sing the song.
        ...and if they don't, they're forced to do a Christmas movie with Tim Allen!

Ah, I do love Family Guy. Just too bad they had Stewie stop trying to kill his mother.

Comment

I'm afraid the only backstory I know is the one involving Phantom Manor and Thunder Mesa. I'm not sure what else has a backstory tying the whole land together as much as that one since Frontierland is the most cohesive land anyways.
          Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

I think they all did in 92 but they've dissolved over time, no surprises there

Comment

Originally posted by fizzog View Post
              I think they all did in 92 but they've dissolved over time, no surprises there
              True. I would think that Main Street and Frontierland would be the easiest to make up backstories for. Adventureland is too big a mix of different locations to have a cohesive backstory tying them all together, as is Discoveryland. And I think it would be hard to make up a backstory for Fantasyland since it does not depict a single place either, unlike Main Street or Frontierland.

Comment

Has Indy got a back story? I doubt it, which adds to it's rubbishness!

(Great ride. Theme-less though)
                WDW - 1987 & 1991
                DLR - October 2011

Comment

Theme-less? THEME-LESS? The theming on Indy is wonderful, typical Disney quality, immersive, detailed, gorgeous to look at, it's story that Indy doesn't have, the theme is both well executed and clear

Comment

A theme is not a theme without a story in a ride such as that. Especially when based on such a rich franchise as the Indy movies.
                    WDW - 1987 & 1991
                    DLR - October 2011

Comment

Originally posted by TDR_Fan View Post
                      I'm afraid the only backstory I know is the one involving Phantom Manor and Thunder Mesa. I'm not sure what else has a backstory tying the whole land together as much as that one since Frontierland is the most cohesive land anyways.
                      Space Mountain has quite a unique backstory. Also I find it interesting how the Halloween decorations always have that elaborate backstory to it about the Pumpkin Men,Witches and now Stitch. Also I'm guessing many of the resturants and shops all have backstorys thanks to all the theming inside them.

Now the Studios on the other hand really does have zero backstory to it as everything is supposed to be fake. Next year you won't actually be stepping into a Haunted Hotel but instead just a set. On Armegeddon your not actually in space being attacked by a giant asteroid,but in a set.

Comment

Originally posted by Malin View Post
                        Space Mountain has quite a unique backstory. Also I find it interesting how the Halloween decorations always have that elaborate backstory to it about the Pumpkin Men,Witches and now Stitch. Also I'm guessing many of the resturants and shops all have backstorys thanks to all the theming inside them.
                        Does Space Mountain still have the backstory though after all those awful changes? I would think that they would have made the original backstory redundant given the new storyline. And I think it would be neat to have a book full of backstories from all the Disney parks, especially for us fans.

Comment

Yeah good point and really the only real improvment to Mission 2 was better safety restraints, as these new ones are a bit softer on the ol shoulders. Couldn't hear the soundtrack as it was to low and everyone was screaming.

Jason Surrell books usually have quite a few interesting backstorys, actually that reminds me I need to buy his new one on Disney Mountains.

Comment

Jason Surrell books usually have quite a few interesting backstorys, actually that reminds me I need to buy his new one on Disney Mountains.
                            It's too bad that book doesn't feature more information on the Asian Disney parks. There's no more than a few sentences describing their mountains compared to several pages long for each of the mountain attractions at other Disney parks.

Comment

Next year you won't actually be stepping into a Haunted Hotel but instead just a set.
                              I think they've changes that back to the original intention.
                              WDW - 1987 & 1991
                              DLR - October 2011

Comment

Originally posted by nathan detroit View Post
                                I think they've changes that back to the original intention.
                                Have they now? I had read that they've decided on the fake set storyline. Can anybody confirm?

Comment

I'm hoping it will be as the set idea sounds quite lame. Also the Crush Coaster or Cars as far as I know doesn't follow a set theme either.

Comment

Also the Crush Coaster or Cars as far as I know doesn't follow a set theme either.
                                    Actually, I think they do. That's why it takes place in a soundstage and why set pieces are located in and around the queue.

Comment

Originally posted by TDR_Fan View Post
                                      It's too bad that book doesn't feature more information on the Asian Disney parks. There's no more than a few sentences describing their mountains compared to several pages long for each of the mountain attractions at other Disney parks.
                                      I guess seeing that its a Disney publication writen by a Imagineer, Disney didn't want to much free publicity going to the park not owned by them. Anyway the original concepts for the Mountains came from the US parks and were just copied for the Asia parks. So by there probarely were not covering too much new ground by including long story's on them. But shame more couldn't of been covered on Mount Prometheus. Also hear that OLC are quite protective of stuff like this so it could of played a factor here.

Comment

But shame more couldn't of been covered on Mount Prometheus.
                                        I agree. Luckily, there are other means of acquiring that kind of information. I have found lots of neat details about Mount Prometheus that many people would not know. For example. Mount Prometheus was made completely out of stone; rock piled 167 feet high to be exact. Contrary to popular belief due to the similar construction of mountains at other Disney parks, it was not made using plaster of Paris, concrete, or fibreglass. It's 100% authentic and very intricate rockwork.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X