• DeadlyAvenger
    replied
    http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jean_d...1/12/1405.aspx

Leave a comment:

• nathan detroit
    replied
    Re: TDS Backstorys

Originally posted by Malin View Post
    As this attraction is located in Toon Studios where the Toons come alive and work, I don't personally have a problem with this. Its no difference to having the Genie shout stuff at you or have the Cars run down the safety spiral. This land is based around fantasy and not reality.
    Those two fit with the theme! I believe that Crush should have a definate 'you are human while in the harbour and then you enter the realm of the fishes' sort of thing going on.

Either that or my pedant-gene is in overload!

Leave a comment:

• nathan detroit
    replied

Originally posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    Have they now? I had read that they've decided on the fake set storyline. Can anybody confirm?
    Apologies for the delay in my reply but check out this link...

http://www.dlrpmagic.com/guides/15th...fterror/guide/

No mention of a movie set there (hurray!)

Leave a comment:

• Malin
    replied

As this attraction is located in Toon Studios where the Toons come alive and work, I don't personally have a problem with this. Its no difference to having the Genie shout stuff at you or have the Cars run down the safety spiral. This land is based around fantasy and not reality.

Leave a comment:

• nathan detroit
    replied

The thing that bugs me about Crush is the commentary from Crush and Squirt as you queue. A little thought to the theme should have meant that a disembodied voice belonging to a life guard could give you the rules about 'swimming in the EAC'.
    Instead, we are standing on dry land hearing a couple of turtles speak (and we as humans can't do that - once we are in the 'water' then that's something different!)
    The logo for Jacque's cleaning company, although funny, also crosses the human/fish divide.
    Or am I being pedantic? (or rather more so than usual!?)

Leave a comment:

• Malin
    replied

Originally posted by nathan detroit View Post
    My opinion was that once you entered the soundstage, you were at a 'real' harbour. The theming even in the queue (signs etc) is quite thorough.
    Thats correct, well atleast thats the impression it gives. I guess TDR_FAN is a bit confused as he's yet to ride it. But there really is zero mention of it being a studio set scene.

Leave a comment:

• Malin
    replied

No way Raphael was!!!

Leave a comment:

• soundtracker
    replied

I thought WE were supposed to be the turtles. I want to be a turtle!

Can I be Donatello? He was the coolest.

Leave a comment:

• fizzog
    replied

Uh....*to Mexico*. I think the idea is turtle shells

Leave a comment:

• TDR_Fan
    replied

My opinion was that once you entered the soundstage, you were at a 'real' harbour. The theming even in the queue (signs etc) is quite thorough.
    So are we riding in empty turtle shells or on actual turtles?

Leave a comment:

• Nine-Eye
    replied

Hi folks

If anyone reads French here, you can have a quick look on my page dedicated to Frontierland ; I tried to write everything I knew and found here and there to tie the global backstory of the land.
    It's quite fantastic to see that pretty much everything you find in that land is connected to one great "mythology".

http://webcot.free.fr/dlp/frontierland.htm

enjoy

Leave a comment:

• nathan detroit
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TDR_Fan
    replied

Its set in a soundstage to blend in with the outside park. Not sure what set pieces your on about.
    Here's as close as I could get to an official storyline:

Let Crush show you the wonders of ocean life, from colourful clownfish and the thrilling EAC to hungry sharks and stinging jellyfish! You'll plunge into a larger-than-life film set from Finding Nemo and coast along the swirling underwater currents

Leave a comment:

• Malin
    replied

Actually, I think they do. That's why it takes place in a soundstage and why set pieces are located in and around the queue.
    Its set in a soundstage to blend in with the outside park. Not sure what set pieces your on about.

Leave a comment:

• TDR_Fan
    replied

But shame more couldn't of been covered on Mount Prometheus.
    I agree. Luckily, there are other means of acquiring that kind of information. I have found lots of neat details about Mount Prometheus that many people would not know. For example. Mount Prometheus was made completely out of stone; rock piled 167 feet high to be exact. Contrary to popular belief due to the similar construction of mountains at other Disney parks, it was not made using plaster of Paris, concrete, or fibreglass. It's 100% authentic and very intricate rockwork.

Leave a comment:

• Malin
    replied

It's too bad that book doesn't feature more information on the Asian Disney parks. There's no more than a few sentences describing their mountains compared to several pages long for each of the mountain attractions at other Disney parks.
    I guess seeing that its a Disney publication writen by a Imagineer, Disney didn't want to much free publicity going to the park not owned by them. Anyway the original concepts for the Mountains came from the US parks and were just copied for the Asia parks. So by there probarely were not covering too much new ground by including long story's on them. But shame more couldn't of been covered on Mount Prometheus. Also hear that OLC are quite protective of stuff like this so it could of played a factor here.

Leave a comment:

• TDR_Fan
    replied

Also the Crush Coaster or Cars as far as I know doesn't follow a set theme either.
    Actually, I think they do. That's why it takes place in a soundstage and why set pieces are located in and around the queue.

Leave a comment:

• Malin
    replied

I'm hoping it will be as the set idea sounds quite lame. Also the Crush Coaster or Cars as far as I know doesn't follow a set theme either.

Leave a comment:

• TDR_Fan
    replied

I think they've changes that back to the original intention.
    Have they now? I had read that they've decided on the fake set storyline. Can anybody confirm?

Leave a comment:

• nathan detroit
    replied

Next year you won't actually be stepping into a Haunted Hotel but instead just a set.
    I think they've changes that back to the original intention.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X