X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WDS - What a View

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    He should be in the HUB like he is at the other Disneyland parks.
    Ugh, no thanks. Just give it to charity. Or melt it into something useful. I'm sure there are Sacagawea dollars to be made...

Comment

How about a statue of Walt and his WWI ambulance.

Comment

Hehe, perfect. There should perhaps be a fountain or something, just something that compliments the view down the blvd

Comment

I've got it! How about a statue of Jay Rasulo?

(Gets coat...)
          Originally posted by fizzog
          Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Comment

How about a statue of Mickey demanding his money back? (stock DCA joke)
            How about a statue that when you walk around it, reveals to be no more than a movie prop made out of papier-mache and duct tape?
            How about a statue that's really only a pedestal and "wants YOU to be the star in Disney's latest production; 'Honey, I Turned the Guests to Stone'"?

*is slightly bitter*

Comment

Slightly bitter? Oh dear... hehe. I'm still for a giant sorcerer's hat replacing the partners statue

Comment

I may be being stupid here (insert heckle here!) but I can't see the issue with the Partners statue - I like it. It may get in the way of the view up Hollywood Blvd but the same could be said for the bandstand at the bottom of Main Street.
                To me, the Partners statue is one of the few touches of class in WDS.
                WDW - 1987 & 1991
                DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
                DLR - October 2011

Comment

Originally posted by nathan detroit View Post
                  I may be being stupid here (insert heckle here!) but I can't see the issue with the Partners statue - I like it. It may get in the way of the view up Hollywood Blvd but the same could be said for the bandstand at the bottom of Main Street.
                  To me, the Partners statue is one of the few touches of class in WDS.
                  I suppose it's fine at the WDS. It almost adds a welcome touch of irony. And it would have been fine in any quiet area, anyplace off-track enough where it could have been a tasteful tribute. But right in the hub of a MK? Just a little too much, in my opinion. Two shakes away from brainwashed, glassy-eyed Cast Members who drag you out into the lobotomy room if you say you dislike "it's a small world".

Comment

I could go all rose-tinted and quote "it started with a mouse", but I genuinely think its nicely situated. Everything around it is in the wrong place!
                    WDW - 1987 & 1991
                    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
                    DLR - October 2011

Comment

I could go all rose-tinted and quote "it started with a mouse", but I genuinely think its nicely situated. Everything around it is in the wrong place!
                      too easy for them to mock our parks, haha. Small World was bad enough...

Comment

I just think if it's gonna be a hub they should perhaps at least make it an extravagent fountain or something

Comment

From the recent pictures, the entire scene looks MUCH better than what was ever there before. I just hope those facades and picture backdrops are kept up over time. The only complaint I have is that once you get off center with the illusion, it looks terribly awkward. The Gone Hollywood building is way too close to the Animation building and looks very bad (especially in front of that baby blue building). The backside of those three facades in front of the tower look very bland in the back. The flat, asphalt, film strip pavement looks a little out of place. I won't make my final assessment until the walls are down around the tower. But overall, the two areas they have "placemaked" look much better than WDSP version 2002. There is still much more work to do beyond the nearly completed placemaking.

Comment

The layout of WDSP is nearly impossible to work with. It is the most awkward of any park. Frankly, everything was/ is placed as if the entire facility was a parking lot. And with its absence of any type of curbs or dimension, it makes for some heavy furniture re-arranging.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyMickey View Post
                              The layout of WDSP is nearly impossible to work with. It is the most awkward of any park. Frankly, everything was/ is placed as if the entire facility was a parking lot. And with its absence of any type of curbs or dimension, it makes for some heavy furniture re-arranging.
                              I agree.

Comment

The buildings lack depth and detail. They are flat and uninspired. The Tower of Terror is the cheapo DCA version. It lacks the detail of the MGM or TDS versions. The DCA design looks cheap and unfinished, even in its finished form in DCA. The image looks like a jumbled mess. Certainly an improvement for Disney Studios Paris' 2 million visitors a year, suckers though they may be.

Comment

At least, Paris ToT has one unique detail! )

Walt Disney Studios, Paris

Disney's California Adventure, Anaheim

Anyone sees another small detail ???

Comment

The grey domes on the left side of the buildings are different. The WDS one is flatter then the DCA one.

Comment

Good eye. They don't shave their pits over there after all...

Anyway, that design just looks so plain. It looks like an unfinished house where you can still see the exposed wood. It's a far cry from the designs at MGM and TDS.

Comment

Originally posted by Pressler69 View Post
                                        Good eye. They don't shave their pits over there after all...

Anyway, that design just looks so plain. It looks like an unfinished house where you can still see the exposed wood. It's a far cry from the designs at MGM and TDS.
                                        I beg to differ. I think the outside of TDS' Tower is hideously overdone. The inside may be wonderful, but good Lord, that thing is just a bit much. Turrets and domes popping up all over the place, sticking out from the sides, bricks in sixteen shades of burgundy... Sometimes, less is more.

MGM's however is lovely. And with that wonderful location at the end of Sunset, it will probably remain the #1 ToT.

(Also, don't forget the DCA Tower was based on a design intended for the WDS, not the other way around.)

Comment

I was wowed at first by Tokyo's but since have thought it looked just odd, some bits being really detailed but then resorting to flat walls with infrequent windows. I don't think I like it anymore but I'm a fan of WDS' and DHS', I go back and forth

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X