This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name That Tune (please?)

Okay, I have a question for you musically inclined DLP fans. Every time I am at DLP, I find myself liking two area loops a lot:

- the one that's played around the Disneyland Hotel, from Fantasia Gardens (not sure where it starts to play) up to Main Street Station;
    - the one that's played on Central Plaza.

I'm sure they don't just play one song over and over again all day long, but in both cases there is one tune that appears to "overrule".

The thing is, I'm a left-side-of-brain kind of guy and cannot for the life of me remember a piece of music without lyrics. I like it, it can't get it out of my head and then *poof* it's gone forever. So I ask of you, is either of them in this collection (Sound of Magic)? I have a feeling "I Could Love a Million Girls" is one of them, but I'm not sure.

Re: Name That Tune (please?)

Try posting your question at www.magicmusic.net if you don't get an answer here.

Comment

Ah, thanks. Perhaps people just don't cognizantly pay attention to area loops... Or the MS ones all sound the same. Or people just don't care to reply to pointless trivia, haha. Either way, I won't forget this.

Comment

Could you hum it for us? It may help...
        WDW - 1987 & 1991
        DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
        DLR - October 2011

Comment

Originally posted by nathan detroit View Post
          Could you hum it for us? It may help...
          I could, but some poor schmo recorded them all and put them on Sound of Magic, so there isn't any need for my talents.

Comment

"Do you know the piano's on my foot?"
            "No, but hum a few bars and I'll join in with the chorus!"

Ah, the old ones are always the worst!
            WDW - 1987 & 1991
            DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
            DLR - October 2011

Comment

Hmmm, feel like tea now.

Meanwhile, still no one who knows what tune they play on Central Plaza.

Comment

Having just returned from a trip to DLP, I did notice 'I Could Love A Million Girls' playing frequently around both Town Square and Central Plaza. Though I didn't really notice any other tune particularly.

PS- What do you get if you drop a grand piano down a mine shaft?

...A Flat Minor

Comment

I too have a music related question that I thought would ask in this thread. On Sound of Magic, it lists "So This Is Love" from Cinderella as a track in the Fantasyland background music loop. I really like that song, but do not think I've heard it there before. Does anyone know where it is played? I would guess somewhere near L'Auberge de Cendrillon, but cannot be certain.
                  Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X