This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hollywood Blvd. update

Okay, so it's no billion dollar DCA makeover. But the WDS additions are progressing very nicely...

http://www.disneytheque.com/index.ph....html#extended

Palm trees! Marquees! Lamp posts! All good.

Re: Hollywood Blvd. update

I can not wait to check this out myself on Oct 28th...

Comment

Looking good, thanks for the link.

Something that has been in the back of my mind though, how well can palm trees hold up to the Paris weather?
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Magic View Post
        Looking good, thanks for the link.

Something that has been in the back of my mind though, how well can palm trees hold up to the Paris weather?
        Some palm trees species can resist very cold temperatures. I guess they uses those particular species. There are already palm trees en Adventureland since 1992. )
        When I first saw the pictures I thought they were fake though...

Comment

(They are fake. Mainly because of the forced perspective.)

The ones on the Front Lot and in Adventureland are real, though. I suppose they're of that species Olivier speaks of.

Comment

I like the new Tram Tour sign. Armageddon and Rock'n Roll coaster should get same treatment.
            ----
            Cheers,
            Zarniwoop

Comment

I like it all and (as I keep saying) it's a step in the right direction. However, I can't help but be worried when I look at those photos that a strong gust of wind may be all that is needed to knock the whole thing down.
              WDW - 1987 & 1991
              DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
              DLR - October 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Olivier View Post
                Some palm trees species can resist very cold temperatures. I guess they uses those particular species. There are already palm trees en Adventureland since 1992. )
                When I first saw the pictures I thought they were fake though...

Well what do ya know I just learned something new today. Maybe I can get some palms for my front yard in Boston

I most have not paid too much attention or forgot there were palms in Adventureland. First time I saw them in DLP was in the pictures when they were installed near the Aladdins flying carpet, and then I assumed they were fakes.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

I wonder if this Hollywood Blv. will have people walking around in Borat Costumes or Demons or fake rappers like the real one.

Comment

Photosmagiques.com posted some new pictures of Hollywood Blvd. taken last weekend. There are some close pics of the trees, they look real to me.

http://www.photosmagiques.com/galler...d_placemaking/

Comment

I like this backdrop to the Partners statue now. http://www.photosmagiques.com/galler...08177.JPG.html
                      Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

You know, it's really fun reading your reactions to the Boulevard Placemaking. I've still not seen any of the photos, so I have no real conception of what it all looks like in reality (although I have seen the concept artwork). It all sounds fairly positive, I must say!
                        Originally posted by fizzog
                        Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Comment

Well, it's a shame they're not moving tram tour's station to Backlot, I really thought they'd be doing that but obviously not. Oh well, hopefully they'll continue to pleasantly surprise us

Comment

Originally posted by fizzog View Post
                            Well, it's a shame they're not moving tram tour's station to Backlot, I really thought they'd be doing that but obviously not. Oh well, hopefully they'll continue to pleasantly surprise us
                            The last I heard, plans to move the Tram Tour station are still very much a reality, although they are now looking at postponing the move by a few years. The good news is that we can probably expect some extensions and additions before that.
                            Originally posted by fizzog
                            Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Comment

True, it's just that tunnel sign seemed so definite

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X