This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another attraction!

News just in: the former Dinsey Channel Tour building is to welcome yet another attraction within the next two years, when Playhouse Disney: Live On Stage opens in the former Zapping Zone studio space.
    I should clarify that this isn't the same Zapping Zone studio space that was originally featured on the tour,(where "Stitch Live!" is currently being installed), but a larger stage, towards the rear of the building, where the show moved after the tour was adapted in late 2002.
    The live show will have a separate entrance to Stitch Live! but both shows will share an exit - the space that previously housed the Cyberspace Mountain attraction.

Personally, I think this is pretty good news. While Playhouse Live isn't an E-ticket by any stretch of the imagination, it is putting the cavernous (and, to date) useless Disney Channel building to some use. It's also very popular with young families in the US, is cheap to set up and take down again, and sticks to the Disney Channel theme. So, not big news at all, but a nice little bonus, don't you think?
    Originally posted by fizzog
    Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Re: Another attraction!

So is this likely to be a copy of the current Playhouse Disney Live or will we go straight to the newer version planned for Hollywood Studios.

While I think it's a shame to lose Bear, having the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse brought into the show is a great idea. I just wonder if they will do it to look like the CGI characters, or if they will use standard costumes and just add the scenery and gadgets like the Mousekadoer etc.

Anyway, great news!
    CoHost of the Dedicated to DLP Podcast, part of the MiceChat MicePod Network
    www.facebook.com/FuseMP
    www.twitter.com/FuseMP

Comment

Language barrier alert!

Different shows ala Lion King or mixed language ala Animagique?

Either way, pretty good news although NDJnr will probably be too old for it by the time it appears!
      WDW - 1987 & 1991
      DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
      DLR - October 2011

Comment

I would say it would be FAR better done using seperate showings ala Lion King. Although I thought Animagique was exellent, I would rather they do seperate language shows on that too.

Too old? I don't know about that. I found Playhouse Disney Live entertaining and if the Fab 5 are put in as the clubhouse hosts of the show it will take the age barrier out quite a bit. Pooh appeals to more than just little kids as well; and I think Jo Jo is one of the best kids shows.

If only they could find a way to mix video footage of the Doodlebops into the show too in a way that would satisfy the "Live" component.
        CoHost of the Dedicated to DLP Podcast, part of the MiceChat MicePod Network
        www.facebook.com/FuseMP
        www.twitter.com/FuseMP

Comment

Considering that Stich Live! will be using the same language set-up as Lion King, it would make sense for Playhouse to follow suit, otherwise Disney are going to have a lot of confused guests on their hands.

The news that both shows will share the same exit puts paid to my secret hope of a giant Stitch-themed shop.
          Originally posted by fizzog
          Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Comment

What a wonderful li'l addition, and something for the kids that isn't necessarily brash toony. Hello again y'all btw!

Comment

I'm in favour of this to, while the Studios doesn't exactly need another new show. I'm sure the target audience will be thrilled.
              Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

Maybe the reason why I am not thrilled.

Comment

I think it is great to get this here in the studios, I would like to see them follow suite with the Lion King using different shows for the languages, from personal experience this system works better than attractions that mix the language throughout.

Comment

I am thrilled about this one. We really enjoyed PHD at MGM, and are looking forward to it at DCA next year, and WDS the year after before our DD gets too old.
                    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

Comment

From DLRP Magic:

Not content with and Stitch Live, officials and Imagineers at Walt Disney Studios Park are said to already be lining up their next new attraction.

Playhouse Disney - Live on Stage!Walt Disney Television StudiosStitch Live, forming a double act of live, interactive shows.

The trustworthy source La RouquineBear in the Big Blue House, and Book of PoohPlayhouse Disney.

Where could this rumoured Playhouse Disney - Live on StageStitch Live, a third stage of the same enormous size, perhaps larger, lies towards the back of the building. Its elongated shape would suit the live show format well, and with some realignment of doors the stage could certainly link directly through to use Disney Channel CyberSpace as its post-show, as has also been rumoured. Earlier rumours suggestedStitch LivePlayhouse DisneyStars and Motor Cars Paradetheir plans to rename Disney MGM StudiosPlayhouse Disney - Live on Stage! attraction in February 2008. The current round of characters will be replaced with even fresher faces from shows such as , and

Comment

What is Stitch Live I cant seem to find any info on it and I am really intrigued

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                          Maybe the reason why I am not thrilled.
                          But I thought that you loved Playhouse Disney with Jim Henson's Bear.
                          Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Comment

I believe stitch live is just like Turtle talk but with stitch. There is currently a version of this stitch show in HK Disneyland

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X