This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Le Petit Trip Reportlet

Ok, I've been (mysteriously?) absent from MiceChat recently, well that's because I've been in the world's most beautiful city (well, tied with Barcelona), Paris. I'd like to take this chance to say, for goodness sake, take the stairs if you visit the Eiffel Tower, makes it so much more rewarding!. Well, I was in Disneyland Park for a day so I have a little trip reportlet, well, really more of a summary.

First up, Halloween Decorations. I thought Main Street looked great, the pumpkinmen were amusing and fun as was the concept, but sadly, I felt Frontierland should have been untouched. It was too much, the best kept land in the park (non Main-Street) defaced and vandalised, I was horrified. The only parts I did like were the PM decorations.

BIG SPACE MOUNTAIN NEWS! Providing mine ears did not deceiveth me, yes, a music loop now plays in the Space Mountain queue. Typical slow stringsy spacey stuff. It was amazing to hear, and I very much hope I didn't imagine this or that it's already been reported, especially something like 3 years ago. Anyhoo, also, the smoke was working and looked utterly fantastic. These two things almost lead me to believe that DLRP were reading MiceChat...hmmm...hehe. Also, the queue was looking great, I'm pretty positive there'd been a refurb since July (can anyone confirm this?) cos it felt really fresh and looked great. I just wish that in the room with the world's greatest lamps and the plans they should put a desk drowning in papers and scribbled blueprints and some pictures on the wall or something. The ride was, well, the ride.

This leads me onto a general point, the whole park seemed much fresher and newer this time compared to last time, of note was Fantasyland, which was looking really lush and slick (though I still despise the Crackedconcreteville entrance). It may have been my imagination (like alot of thins in this report seemingly hehe) but the place just felt fresher.

Ridewise, my favourite of the day was Big Thunder. It really is the perfect coaster, combining thrills with family fun and a wonderful setting. Fantastic! Phantom Manor was looking pretty much the same, it felt so, so, so tired. Also, as usual I'll complain about the ghostly spooks that interrupted our tour, three times in this ride. Grrrr! (I know it can't be helped).

Speaking of high-capacity/throughput rides' vehicle faults, POTC, again had serious boat-bumping problems. First ride there was a big pile up before drop 2, second there was a pile up in the caves. This is a serious problem I think, (as with PM though I'm sure this is more fixable), and must be sorted. I'd like to say at this point that yes, the dog had the keys. You heard it here first! Oh and the hell hound was, uh, present.

Indy was the headache-inducing yet fun thrill ride it usually is, Snow White posted an hour queue when it was actually 5 minutes (ya have to do one fantasyland dark ride!), and finally...

It's Halloween-Lo-Ween.

That song. That freaking song. ARRRRGGGHHHHH! What am I supposed to do here? It's awful, it's ****** awful...but I love it. I bought the damn CD, I was so ashamed. Still, we did have huge laughs over the lyrics. I just don't know how to feel... oh and the country/rocky versions were bizarre and extraordinary.

That's all folks, hope you enjoyed!

Re: Le Petit Trip Reportlet

Wonderful trip report and thanks for the park update. Nice to see my Doggie has come back home to Phantom Manor. Halloween decorations must of scared him off.
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

I hope you're right about Space Mountain. I really miss the old area loop they used to play around the queue area.
      Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

Fantastic TR Fizzog. I must try SMM2 asap!

Comment

Originally posted by Olivier View Post
          Fantastic TR Fizzog. I must try SMM2 asap!
          Me too, though I'm keeping my expectations low since the original was near perfect in my opinion. I'm not too impressed with what I've seen and read.

And fizzog, did you take any pictures to share with us?

Comment

Indeed I did, and I shall upload them hopefully today onto my computer. Mind you they're not very engaging or original but I will post them!

Comment

And regarding Fantasyland, I think it's about time they used those large expansion pads for a new E-ticket attraction. It just feels so barren around there and a bit too spacious.

Comment

Indeeed. The carousel area's looking good but it's rough around the edges...and one particular edge is very rough. A dark ride I think. I, for one, would love to see Alice in Wonderland or Beauty and the Beast or Sleeping Beauty or...good grief, so many ride oppertunities!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fizzog View Post
                  Indeeed. The carousel area's looking good but it's rough around the edges...and one particular edge is very rough. A dark ride I think. I, for one, would love to see Alice in Wonderland or Beauty and the Beast or Sleeping Beauty or...good grief, so many ride oppertunities!!!!!
                  Those would be lovely. I've always wanted to see an attraction based on Beauty and the Beast, or a thrill ride based on Malificent's Forbidden Mountain. Now that would be exciting and elaborate. There is so much land for expansion in the park that it's about time they put it to use for a major E-ticket attraction, especially for Fantasyland. If not Fantasyland, I think the next E-ticket attractions should be some variation of Splash Mountain in Frontierland (maybe with a Critter Country miniland) and an Indiana Jones Adventure (like the ones in Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea, but with a completely different storyline and special effects) next to the coaster in Adventureland. It's been 12 years since Space Mountain opened for Pete's sake! And Buzz Lightyear hardly counts as an E-ticket attraction in my books. Though many people enjoy it (myself included), it's hideously out of place in the elegant and charming Discoveryland. Le Visionarium was much better suited for Discoveryland, albeit a bit more reserved (in other words, a bit boring to most guests).

Comment

Le Visionarium was, in my opinion, a Disney attraction pinnacle on the lines of Cinemagique and BTM, the difference being the two cinema-based attractions were clever, funny and entertaining, BTM was a roller coaster thus has stayed open for so long (not that I don't think Cinemagique will). Such a shame, the opening of Discoveryland was a Victorian wonderland. Oh well

Comment

What days were you in the park? I was there from the 21st October to 24th October, at Sequoia lodge. Where did you stay?

Comment

Indeed I did, and I shall upload them hopefully today onto my computer. Mind you they're not very engaging or original but I will post them!
                        Can't wait!
                        Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

I was just there for the day on a visit to le France actually. Don't get excited about the pictures Malin, seriously lol

Comment

I was just there for the day on a visit to le France actually. Don't get excited about the pictures Malin, seriously lol
                            I believe that would be la France.

Comment

I really need to work on my masc. and fem. in French, when I speak it I just mumble a bit over those it tends to be alright. I guess it's like a French person saying 'I would like an drink please' or something. Anyhoo

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X