This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crush's Coaster update : FastPass...

It seems that Crush's Coaster will get its own FP machines soon. I don't think it's a good idea, it will make regular queue even longer. :thumbdown

http://joel.at.dlp.online.fr/dlp/20071023/
    Photos :

Re: Crush's Coaster update : FastPass...

I agree. NOT a good idea AT ALL!!! Fastpass needs to go forever!!

Comment

In general I hate Fastpass too, because mostly a queue area is part of the story and builds up atmosphere, like BTM, Indiana Jones and Star Tours. But when the queue area is boring (like Peter Pan), Fastpass is alright.
      ----
      Cheers,
      Zarniwoop

Comment

Imagine how much more boring is it to be stuck in the stand by line for Peter Pan... At least the line at Peter Pan *moved* before they installed FP. Imagine that!

Comment

I know FP is hated by many on these forums and I understand those reasons and while perhaps I feel I should hate it, it has been amazingly wonderful to bypass BTM's cattle-pen queue or Buzz Lightyear's. FP has only ever been a plus in my experience, but like I say, I guess it is a bad thing

Comment

As a matter of fact, I thought FP was improperly administered the two times I went on Laser Blast at DLP. First time, I went "stand by" and the line was moving because there was NO cast member holding the standby line at the merging point with FP holders. It was gridlock at that point. Improper Cast training or simply a case of not caring to do their job? I was flabbergasted. 2nd time I rode, I had a FP... and the same.. as I approached the merging point with stand by guests, again there was NO cast member managing the merging of the lines as it should be done. For this, and many reasons of improper management of FP, I feel the whole idea should permanently GO. Besides.. omnimover rides like Laser Blast, where vehicles move on a permanent basis, should not need FP. It's all about Disney giving guests reason to believe they are getting a deal, when in fact, the majority does not get the same treatment. I hate FP with a passion and will argue about it vigorously until I drop dead.

Comment

I was at the park both yesterday and monday, and on both days fastpass was not operating or even advertised. In fact, I'm not even sure there were fastpass machines anywhere near the coaster.

Comment

ok i think that is so Stupid to put a FP on a ride with less than 1000 guest per hour and then even the stanby queue line is so slow i couldn't imagine with a FP .

NO DLRP don't put a FP on Crush please - S'il vous plais .
                HKDL : Done !!!

Comment

No, no, no, no, NOOOOOO!!!!! The one saving grace about Crush's queue to date, is that everyone suffers equally. Adding FastPass would be a terrible idea!
                  Originally posted by fizzog
                  Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Comment

The idea of FastPass going into Crush sounds just horrible. Especially seeing that if Disney insist on using it, there should wait until after the Tower of Terror opens to see what impact if any at all it has on Crush wait times.
                    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

Originally posted by soundtracker View Post
                      No, no, no, no, NOOOOOO!!!!! The one saving grace about Crush's queue to date, is that everyone suffers equally. Adding FastPass would be a terrible idea!
                      Now, there is the nobel concept I have been fighting about in regards to Fastpass and why it is so so unfair. And this rationale applies to ALL attractions, not just a few of them.

KILL FP FOREVER!!!

Comment

Oooo...bad move Disney, BAD MOVE!

Crush doesn't exactly have the highest capacity, that and it doesn't have a quick moving line. I can see the wait times getting insane for this one, that and the FP's selling out really quickly.
                        Disney and Universal fan for life!...Shocking ain't it?
                        Seize the future with X-S! Not Stitch.
                        I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.

Comment

down with the FP!
                          Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

Why not just get rid of the stand by line and make it fast pass only?
                            Last edited by HeyBaloo; 10-25-2007, 03:25 PM.
                            Hello everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by HeyBaloo View Post
                              Why not just get rid of the stand by line and make it fast pass only?
                              Because that would eliminate 80% of the guests from riding the ride. FP needs to go, period.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                                Because that would eliminate 80% of the guests from riding the ride. FP needs to go, period.

Before Fast Pass was an option, wait times for rides was a big reason why people just couldn't be bothered to go to Disney. Why should I spend $70 bucks just so I can stand in line all day? Fast Pass is really a marketing tool; a way to get people in the parks. I am sure they put in Fast Pass because people were complaining about the long waits for Crush. Disney Studios needs all the perks it can get.
                                Hello everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by HeyBaloo View Post
                                  Before Fast Pass was an option, wait times for rides was a big reason why people just couldn't be bothered to go to Disney. Why should I spend $70 bucks just so I can stand in line all day? Fast Pass is really a marketing tool; a way to get people in the parks. I am sure they put in Fast Pass because people were complaining about the long waits for Crush. Disney Studios needs all the perks it can get.
                                  I am sorry, but must correct you on some things...

-Before FP was implemented, the prices at the most expensive Disney park was like in the low $60-range.
                                  -Before FP, guests never expected the park experience to be any different that "standing in line to wait your turn". Lines were a fact, period. If people could not be bothered to go to a theme park because of lines.. then why were the Disney parks so popular and well attending to begin with? If FP had never been invented, lines would be just the same today as they were before FP. Obviously, by your reasoning...there must be a small percentage of folks who didn't care to go to theme parks for whaever reasons...long lines, rude employees, not their "kinda" thing... But apparently, that small percentage was never a factor that would cause the Disney parks to bleed in the red.
                                  -Since you are willing to pay $70 due to FP, then I think those of you who like it should pay for it as an additional "add-on" price to the ticket. Otherwise, NO FREE RIDES to the front of the line. FP as designed may not suit the needs of some guests...God knows many times, guests do not care to get a FP due to return times not being compatible with plans.. etc, and I believe it is unreasonale for Disney to expect the guests to alter their plans just so that they can ride a popular ride at a better time, when others are made to wait much longer for whaever reason.
                                  This is why I think you should pay extra for FP if you so much want it.. and since it is a marketing tool... as such, it does not mean it benefits the whole. It's only a tool that helps out those who know how to use and abuse the system as they go along while penalizing the rest of guests and actually adding much more wait to the majority of guests, who also paid $70 to get in. (Of course, in TDL we have 3 times much more to do, and it only cost $47 to get in, so you are visiting the wrong Disney park!)

Marketing people will make the most unsightly beast seem pretty and elegant with the proper dress attire. It does not mean it's necesary or beneficial.

Comment

I have no issue with FP. If you are smart enough to use it, you deserve a shorter wait time. Everyone on using this site is clued-up enough to know of the existance of FP and its only the clueless shmoes who will suffer.
                                    Its a dog eat dog world and you won't find me in a tin of Pedigree Chum!
                                    WDW - 1987 & 1991
                                    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
                                    DLR - October 2011

Comment

Based on my experiences, FP is one of the greatest theme park innovations ever. I have NOTHING negative to say about FP whatsoever. 100% positive.

A bientot.
                                      Remember
                                      What the dormouse said
                                      Feed your head!

sigpic

You've read it; you can't unread it!

Comment

Originally posted by nathan detroit View Post
                                        I have no issue with FP. If you are smart enough to use it, you deserve a shorter wait time. Everyone on using this site is clued-up enough to know of the existance of FP and its only the clueless shmoes who will suffer.
                                        Its a dog eat dog world and you won't find me in a tin of Pedigree Chum!
                                        That is very selfish of you, and regretably, another reason why Disney is dead wrong on this. The Disney parks should not be about "dog eat dog world", but about all guests being treated together with respect, fairness and all waiting the same amount of time as one.
                                        BTW... there was no FP machines anywhere at Crush's Coaster as of yesterday.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X