This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New DLRP Shirt with TOT on it !

here's the link where you can see the new 2008 Merchendise and you can see Tower of Terror on it .

from DCA !

http://www.photosmagiques.com/galler...08413.JPG.html
    HKDL : Done !!!

Re: New DLRP Shirt with TOT on it !

I saw these the other day, I love them, will ToT take over as the parks icon as by all of the new merchandise it appears it quite well be.

Comment

I had a feeling they were going to try to get their money's worth by saddling up the ToT with all the tasks of buzz creator, park filler and performing as a park icon.

I honestly don't think the Tower could or should function as a "castle" to the park. Park icons are supposed to represent their respective parks, not be chosen simply for their girth. The ToT is far too specific for such a thing. It would be like making PM into the icon of the Disneyland Park or some random nation's church tower as Epcot's if they had happened to be someplace central.

The Earffel Tower may not be a very impressive sight, but it makes for a far better icon to a park with the word "Studios" in its name.

Comment

Whats so special about the Mickey Water Tower? I mean, yes it makes sense if the park is working studio but that is no longer the case.

The park is moving to more about Movie adventures and I think a spooky hollywood hotel would serve the icon idea better.

Comment

Originally posted by Peterwhite171 View Post
          Whats so special about the Mickey Water Tower? I mean, yes it makes sense if the park is working studio but that is no longer the case.

The park is moving to more about Movie adventures and I think a spooky hollywood hotel would serve the icon idea better.
          You see, I don't think any of this speaks favorably of the park's future. No longer a working movie studio? It never was, but I do believe that's still its theme and I also believe it's still called the Walt Disney Studios. Movie adventures? So we're left with another Universal, Warner Bros. Movie World-type thing where familiar-sounding names of classic movies are turned into thrill rides without any coherence to uphold it all. Is this what we want?

The emergence of the ToT as the WDS' icon only emphasizes the identity crisis the park is in, I think. They should make up their minds about what this park is supposed to be. Otherwise, the ToT will remain an enormous gimmick slapped in the middle of a park with which it has almost no relationship.

Comment

I can see your point, Puss and, on the whole, I agree with you. But I think it may have come to the point at which Disney are so desperate to promote the second gate, that any good publicity counts. And having the park's newest, largest (and soon to be, no doubt, most popular) ride as its icon is undoubtedly good publicity. It helps cement the association between park and attraction in the minds of the guests.
            If the Tower really is to become the park's new icon, I would expect it to last only a few years. Once the fuss dies down and every visitor who comes through the gates already knows that the Tower is in the Studios Park, then I suspect the water tower will be making its comeback.
            And before we all get too worked up, don't overlook the fact that the T-shirt in the photo is labelled "2008", and so might just be making a feature of next year's big new addition.
            Originally posted by fizzog
            Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Comment

Actually the park was a working studio. Disney Channel france and WDS feature Animation both had buildings in the park.

Comment

Originally posted by Peterwhite171 View Post
                Actually the park was a working studio. Disney Channel france and WDS feature Animation both had buildings in the park.
                Sorry, but Disney Feature Animation have never been present in the park.
                Originally posted by fizzog
                Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Comment

Originally posted by DLRP_bopazot View Post
                  here's the link where you can see the new 2008 Merchendise and you can see Tower of Terror on it .

from DCA !

http://www.photosmagiques.com/galler...08413.JPG.html
                  OOH OOH!! I need to get the tee shirt when I go to DLP this sunday!!! And they better have the 15th anniversary xmas ornament, or else..

Comment

I don't think ToT should become the icon of WDS at all, but nor do I think this t-shirt is necessarily an indication that it will. I'm pretty sure they'll keep the earffel as their main logo and such, they can't use the tower for some things it'd be ridiculous

Comment

This is pretty much in line what Disney does at the other parks.. Example, when they opened Everest at DAK, all of a sudden the tees' designs started highlighting that mountain. I don't see the harm done here.. and for WDSP especially, it needs all the help it can get.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                        And they better have the 15th anniversary xmas ornament, or else..
                        You may have Halloween / Christmas / 15th celebration all mixed together (especially at Main Street USA) ! )

Comment

Originally posted by soundtracker View Post
                          I can see your point, Puss and, on the whole, I agree with you. But I think it may have come to the point at which Disney are so desperate to promote the second gate, that any good publicity counts. And having the park's newest, largest (and soon to be, no doubt, most popular) ride as its icon is undoubtedly good publicity. It helps cement the association between park and attraction in the minds of the guests.
                          If the Tower really is to become the park's new icon, I would expect it to last only a few years. Once the fuss dies down and every visitor who comes through the gates already knows that the Tower is in the Studios Park, then I suspect the water tower will be making its comeback.
                          And before we all get too worked up, don't overlook the fact that the T-shirt in the photo is labelled "2008", and so might just be making a feature of next year's big new addition.
                          I hope you're right!

And on the bright side, at least they didn't replace the Earffel* Tower with a big fiberglass hat.

*About the spelling of this word... I presume it's a play on the Eiffel Tower? Or is it the Earful Tower, as in full of ears? Hmmm.

Comment

I dunno myself, I always though it was Earful until coming on MiceChat. Earffel makes the pun more sensical

Comment

Approaching DLP by road, ToT is the second most visible thing in the resort (Panoramagique being the most). The water tower should remain the symbol of WDS, but ToT has the presence to appear on merchandise. After all, DL merchandise tends to include Space and Thunder Mountains as well as the castle.

BTW, does Mickey live in the water tower ala the Warner Brothers (and sister) in Animaniacs?
                              WDW - 1987 & 1991
                              DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
                              DLR - October 2011

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X