Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tower of Terror- Testing, with guests!

While the pictures aren't entirely clear (just take my word for it), whilst at the park on Monday, journalists were taken up into the tower of terror for proper testing! You could hear the sound effects across most of the park, and screams.

In one picture you can just about see the heads of the journalists.

Re: Tower of Terror- Testing, with guests!

What are these "sound effects" you could hear across the park?

Comment

Coolies! You are gonna LOVE it! I've only been to the one at DCA, but everytime we go, we have to ride it twice (at least). Fabulous!
      Jon A. Leslie
      nojarama
      http://www.nojarama.com

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
        What are these "sound effects" you could hear across the park?
        Bangs of what sounded like thunder, followed by the screaching of the elavators and screams.

Comment

Cool! That sounds excellent. Lucky journalists...
          Originally posted by fizzog
          Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Comment

Sounds like it will add some excitement and life to the park.
            It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

I can't wait for TOT to open - with all these sound effects it will definitely add more life to the park than it has now. I always thought that a certain lack of atmosphere was missing from WDS because most of the rides were indoors and the excitement couldn't really be felt by guests as nothing was really on show. However, with Crush (where there is a section that goes outdoors), Cars (everyone can look over and watch the people on the ride) and now TOT (with the echoes of screams and sound effects being heard all around the park), a very flat and normal 2D park is gradually looking more and more rounded and 3 dimensional.
              The happiest place on Earth

Comment

yes, the park did seem much more lively than usual with all the effects and screams in place!

Off topic - I've updated my latest trip report (21st Oct-24th Oct) to add some pictures.

Comment

They seem to be well ahead of schedule then. Has the official opening date been announced yet? Are they still talking about perhaps opening ToT for Christmas?
                  WDW - 1987 & 1991
                  DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
                  DLR - October 2011

Comment

Originally posted by nathan detroit View Post
                    They seem to be well ahead of schedule then. Has the official opening date been announced yet? Are they still talking about perhaps opening ToT for Christmas?
                    I'm pretty sure that the soft opening date for TOT has been confirmed for December 22nd, although it is probably subject to change depending on progress or, as it may be, lack of it.
                    The happiest place on Earth

Comment

According to http://www.dlrpmagic.com, the attraction soft opens 12/22, a mere three days before Christmas, and in March or April, a formal opening ceremony will take place.

Comment

YAY ! That is good news, I was hoping it would be open when I head to Paris on December 28 ! I hope I can get on it

Comment

Does anyone know how the drop sequence will differ from the other versions, or if it will be the same as one of the others?
                          "Keep Moving Forward."

Comment

It will likely use the same drop sequence as DCA & TDS Tower of Terrors currently use. But futher down the line expect the sequence's to be changed.
                            Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

I'll be there from the 10th-14th of December - but I imagine I will be very lucky if I'm going to be able to ride it then.

I would love to though!

Comment

While I like this tower, I wish they had chosen a different theme, that way all of the Tower of Terrors could have been different. I like Florida's tower the best. It has the most unique design (as in building structure). While Tokyo, Paris, and Cali all have the same building design, Tokyo's scenery is amazing. It really looks like a New York hotel.

Visit Disney Reporter - Where the Magic Lives
                                (http://www.disneyreporter.net.ms)
                                Four years of magic and still going strong.

Comment

I like Tokyo DisneySea's version the best. It has the most cohesive and detailed backstory and the most breathtaking effects too. The preshow is truly one of the most amazing effects ever created. And I think the exterior looks the most colorful and beautiful too. I love that the entire building is bricked; it's so lavish.
                                  Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

Originally posted by TDR_Fan View Post
                                    I like Tokyo DisneySea's version the best. It has the most cohesive and detailed backstory and the most breathtaking effects too. The preshow is truly one of the most amazing effects ever created. And I think the exterior looks the most colorful and beautiful too. I love that the entire building is bricked; it's so lavish.
                                    Agreed, I haven't actually been on it...but the exterior is superior to all the others. Actually, in my opinion WDS's is joint 2nd best with DCA's, and Florida's is the worst for me. It just doesn't appeal to me for whatever reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Scorchio View Post
                                      Agreed, I haven't actually been on it...but the exterior is superior to all the others. Actually, in my opinion WDS's is joint 2nd best with DCA's, and Florida's is the worst for me. It just doesn't appeal to me for whatever reason.
                                      I'm exactly the opposite. I love MGM's ToT, I think it's the only one that got the style and location* right. It's perfect. The WDS' Tower is oddly placed in the middle of the park, but it seems to get a better surrounding area than DCA's*. Their facades I like as well, even if the purple is a bit much. But TDS' ToT? Yes, the inside may be wonderful, yes, the facade may have more ornamentation than the Palace of Versailles. But I find it ghastly and ridiculously overdone. It looks like gothic architecture came alive and started expanding left, right and center, terrorizing the city, swallowing other buildings in its wake and growing turrets and gables on top of turrets and gables. It's shapeless, styleless and testimony to an overinflated budget.

And look how it dwarfs the poor, well-designed Scrooge's Department Store.

*Surroundings count! I've rambled on and on about this before, but an attraction like this can't be placed just anywhere willy nilly.
                                      Last edited by pussnboots; 11-11-2007, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pussnboots View Post
                                        I'm exactly the opposite. I love MGM's ToT, I think it's the only one that got the style and location* right. It's perfect. The WDS' Tower is oddly placed in the middle of the park, but it seems to get a better surrounding area than DCA's*. Their facades I like as well, even if the purple is a bit much. But TDS' ToT? Yes, the inside may be wonderful, yes, the facade may have more ornamentation than the Palace of Versailles. But I find it ghastly and ridiculously overdone. It looks like gothic architecture came alive and started expanding left, right and center, terrorizing the city, swallowing other buildings in its wake and growing turrets and gables on top of turrets and gables. It's shapeless, styleless and testimony to an overinflated budget.

And look how it dwarfs the poor, well-designed Scrooge's Department Store.

*Surroundings count! I've rambled on and on about this before, but an attraction like this can't be placed just anywhere willy nilly.
                                        It's funny, those pics of Scrooge's actually make me like the tower more at TDS

I actually think that the WDW is the worst placed. When you stand at the end of Sunset Blvd, the trees block the view of the tower. I also dislike that the front of the tower is too vertical. The the other towers are staggered with height. WDW's kind of towers even more awkwardly above the park, I think

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X