Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TDLFAN's DLP/WDSP Halloween report (photos)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TDLFAN's DLP/WDSP Halloween report (photos)

Originally posted by mikeland View Post
    Oh, one other thing that totally shocked me was that every night between the train station and Disney Village, a group of about six different street vendors would take our their cheap flashing lights merchandise to sell to the tourists. I don't know how Disney permits this. The only thing I could explain was that since it was near the train station, this might be considered public property???
    The area between Fantasia Gardens and the gates of the Disney Village is not owned by Disney, i belive it is owned by the rail company as does the the area where the busses pick up and drop off, also disney do not own any of the roads in the resort.

The police will move on the street vendors, i have seen it done however these people always find a way.

Comment

I agree that Disneyland Paris decorations are very sloppy. The Halloween decor is a horrible mish-mash of Pumpkin men and pink witches and Stitch. The Christmas decor is better than WDW, but still not as fresh and spectacular as it should be. They go for such an artsy approach.

I absolutely love Disneyland Paris, but for some reason, I don't feel an emotional draw to it as much as Disneyland in CA. I think it is absolutely gorgeous, and a little too perfect in layout, but I am not impressed by the drabness that plagues it. The park always looks either dirty, moldy, or in need of fresh paint. I wish they would do a complete sweep through the entire park and clean it up...and keep it that way. It still suffers from the curse of cutbacks and neglect.

For me, it tries hard to be the Disneyland Paris of the new millenium, but it suffers from the curse it entailed back when it was Euro Disneyland. It's sad. Disney could do so much more to maintain its cleanliness. If only they just kept on maintenance. I know a lot of it also has to do with the guests and Cast Members.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyMickey View Post
        I agree that Disneyland Paris decorations are very sloppy. The Halloween decor is a horrible mish-mash of Pumpkin men and pink witches and Stitch. The Christmas decor is better than WDW, but still not as fresh and spectacular as it should be. They go for such an artsy approach.

I absolutely love Disneyland Paris, but for some reason, I don't feel an emotional draw to it as much as Disneyland in CA. I think it is absolutely gorgeous, and a little too perfect in layout, but I am not impressed by the drabness that plagues it. The park always looks either dirty, moldy, or in need of fresh paint. I wish they would do a complete sweep through the entire park and clean it up...and keep it that way. It still suffers from the curse of cutbacks and neglect.

For me, it tries hard to be the Disneyland Paris of the new millenium, but it suffers from the curse it entailed back when it was Euro Disneyland. It's sad. Disney could do so much more to maintain its cleanliness. If only they just kept on maintenance. I know a lot of it also has to do with the guests and Cast Members.
        I share the same feelings. I feel that Disneyland Paris is a spectacular Disney park, by far the most well designed Magic Kingdom and the most beautiful and lavish. However, it does not feel as magical as some of the other Disney parks I've visited (especially Disneyland). Disneyland Paris is wonderful and stunning to look at, but I have little emotional attachment with the environments. A little confusing perhaps; I, myself don't exactly understand why. But those issues you mentioned likely played a part in my feeling of the park, I suppose.
        Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyMickey View Post

I agree on the Halloween decorations, which is why I make a point of avoiding the place this time of year. And yes, there are maintenance issues, even if it's not as bad as a few years ago. But of course you don't feel an emotional draw to it, it's not Walt's Disneyland and you're Californian for pete's sake. I really think people should get over this; it's not like the original Disneyland burned down. It's still there for all those Disney fans to see. You go to Disneyland Paris to see a whole new interpretation of that park. Otherwise it's like going to Tokyo to eat at McDonald's.

Comment

Originally posted by pussnboots View Post
            I agree on the Halloween decorations, which is why I make a point of avoiding the place this time of year. And yes, there are maintenance issues, even if it's not as bad as a few years ago. But of course you don't feel an emotional draw to it, it's not Walt's Disneyland and you're Californian for pete's sake. I really think people should get over this; it's not like the original Disneyland burned down. It's still there for all those Disney fans to see. You go to Disneyland Paris to see a whole new interpretation of that park. Otherwise it's like going to Tokyo to eat at McDonald's.
            Well said Mr Boots. Comparing the different Disney parks with one's eyes open is one thing. Wearing blinkers and just seeing the 'bad' differences is another. Many Europeans may go to a US park after DLP and unfavourabley compare it - but that doesn't make it right. Xenophobia plain and simple (although I realise that at the moment, phobias are a touchy subject on this forum!)
            WDW - 1987 & 1991
            DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
            DLR - October 2011

Comment

Originally posted by nathan detroit View Post
              Well said Mr Boots. Comparing the different Disney parks with one's eyes open is one thing. Wearing blinkers and just seeing the 'bad' differences is another. Many Europeans may go to a US park after DLP and unfavourabley compare it - but that doesn't make it right. Xenophobia plain and simple (although I realise that at the moment, phobias are a touchy subject on this forum!)
              I had a grandmother who was xenophobic, but I punched her.

Comment

Originally posted by pussnboots View Post
                I had a grandmother who was xenophobic, but I punched her.
                I hear that's the best cure. Just like the best cure for claustophobia is to give the person a damned good talking to and then never visit a Disney park with them again.
                WDW - 1987 & 1991
                DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
                DLR - October 2011

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                Working...
                X