Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge

The Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge has been opened. You can find it in the Lounges section.

All MiceChat rules still apply, and all posts will be heavily scrutinized.

The forum is for topics that are Disney-related, but controversial. Topics not directly related to Disney will not be allowed.
2 of 2 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked by your SPAM filter. Approvals are done at least once per day, but no approval will be given for accounts that have not verified their email address. No account created using anonymous services will be approved. These include proxies, VPN's, and Tor exit nodes. IP address reputations are also checked. Any IP address with questionable reputation will be banned and the registration denied.
See more
See less

First time going to DLP!!!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time going to DLP!!!

So I just booked a trip to Paris in December, and of course there's no way I'm going to be there and not going to Disneyland Paris. I'm going to be there for just one day (taking a train from Paris to DLP). What do you guys think about Disney Studios? I've been to the one at WDW, and my impression is that the one at DLP isn't even as good as the one at WDW, so I'm thinking of doing just one full day at Disneyland only. Anyone disagree? And any restaurant suggestions that I really need to try?
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:

http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

I have never been to Disneyland Paris myself, but from what I have seen with google and GoogleImages, and reading travel books and information about it...and a cousin who went there to study abroad...

Your best bet is probably Disneyland Parc. It's the only one with the Indiana Jones Roller Coaster, the only kind of Space Mountain that goes upside down, The sequences for Pirates goes backwards, take a boat to BTMRR, The Pizza Burger, an Alice In Wonderland maze, interactive dragon...I can go on and on.

WDS from what I've heard isn't impressive one bit. RnRC is a big light show, and I heard that Ratatouille was a bust (but all that is from what I heard).

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Comment

If you have limited time, I think you can skip the studios as well. It's VERY small. I did enjoy Crush Coaster, but to be frank, there are similar coasters in the US. Granted, last time I was there, Ratatouille wasn't built yet, so there I have no opinion. But really, most of their other rides can be found at WDW. There are more unique features at the main park, and it's stunningly beautiful. And don't forget to see the dragon under the castle!
      Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Comment

Disneyland Paris was a trip! It felt so different than Florida and California! My memory of it is limited, as it was 17 years ago, but Space Mountain shocked the heck out of me with the loop, as I had no idea it had one. I remember the park definitely like it was made with adults more in mind than the other parks.

Comment

I went to DLP last summer and will give you my two cents. I was also only able to go to DLP for one day. I recommend going to both parks!

In the studios go on Ratatouille (one of my favorite Disney Parks rides), Crush's Coaster, and walk through Toy Story land. If you do this earlier in the day, it should take minimal time out of your day there. Tower of Terror is the exact same as DL, Rock'n'Roller coaster is like WDW's, and I think that covers the studios.

In Parc Disneyland, make sure to do Space Mountain, Indiana Jones, visit the dragon under the castle, Pirates of the Caribbean (it's scenes are reverse order from DL), Phantom Manor (actually kinda creepy but I love the story it follows), and Big Thunder Mountain. Also don't miss the castle/firework show. It is my favorite of any I've seen. From there you should have plenty of extra time to do repeats or wander and just take it in.

DLP is much slower than the American parks. I don't think I waited more than 20 minutes for a ride. Just don't expect the usual clean Disney park. It could use a full week being closed to clean, repaint and repair. Other than noticing chipped paint everywhere, spider webs and trash in more places than it should be, it's just fine. But hey! It's Paris.

I hope this helps and you have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by itsmeandrew View Post
            I went to DLP last summer and will give you my two cents. I was also only able to go to DLP for one day. I recommend going to both parks!

In the studios go on Ratatouille (one of my favorite Disney Parks rides), Crush's Coaster, and walk through Toy Story land. If you do this earlier in the day, it should take minimal time out of your day there. Tower of Terror is the exact same as DL, Rock'n'Roller coaster is like WDW's, and I think that covers the studios.

In Parc Disneyland, make sure to do Space Mountain, Indiana Jones, visit the dragon under the castle, Pirates of the Caribbean (it's scenes are reverse order from DL), Phantom Manor (actually kinda creepy but I love the story it follows), and Big Thunder Mountain. Also don't miss the castle/firework show. It is my favorite of any I've seen. From there you should have plenty of extra time to do repeats or wander and just take it in.

DLP is much slower than the American parks. I don't think I waited more than 20 minutes for a ride. Just don't expect the usual clean Disney park. It could use a full week being closed to clean, repaint and repair. Other than noticing chipped paint everywhere, spider webs and trash in more places than it should be, it's just fine. But hey! It's Paris.

I hope this helps and you have fun!
            Thanks! I was under the impression that the Ratatouille attraction was inside Disneyland, so if it's at the Studios, that definitely changes my plans. I didn't know about Pirates, I was thinking it was the same as WDW where the ride starts halfway into it with the ship attacking the town and then was exactly the same from there.
            Disneyland Cast Member
            Outdoor Vending
            1996 - 1999

Comment

One day only? Can be done.

If you go to WDS when it opens you should go on Ratatouille and then Crush. Rock N Roller Coaster is also an option if there is no wait. The rest can and should be skipped. Then head over to DLP. It is VERY close. You MUST go for Big Thunder, Phantom Manor, Pirates and Space Mountain. If you have time for more than that in DLP on one day see it as a bonus.

The park is getting many rehabs at this time. Some rides may be in a rehab state or simply broken down. The park has been in total decay for years but is finally getting som real attention. Do not for a moment think that all people of Europe are polite

Enjoy!

Comment

How wonderful you're going !

Are you travelling alone ? Are you a student ? Remember you get a 56 euro Two Parks - One Day ticket special upon presentation of a valid student card. This can be done only at the kiosks at Disneyland. If this doesnt apply to you, I highly suggest purchasing your ticket online or at the Disney Store on Champs Elysees. Transportation-wise, its super easy to get there, just take the RER A direction "Marne-la-Vallee Cheesy", You'll see the station signs state "Disneyland Parc" with a Mickey Mouse head so you dont get lost . Also, I find December to be very manegable crowd-wise, just try going on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.

If you dont get this deal, I would recommend you just go to Disneyland Parc. If you get it, visit the WDS early morning and run to check Ratatouille, Crush's Coaster, grab a performance of Cinemagique! and then head to Disneyland Parc.

This year there are a lot of refurbishments. Peter Pan should be back by December, but I think you'll sadly miss Adventureland and Big Thunder Mountain in all their glory- they're covered in scaffolding. Also, prepare to see Alice`s Labyrinth in dismal state. It needs a refurbishement ASAP, sadly none are scheduled for anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by mtlchuck View Post
                  How wonderful you're going !

Are you travelling alone ? Are you a student ? Remember you get a 56 euro Two Parks - One Day ticket special upon presentation of a valid student card. This can be done only at the kiosks at Disneyland. If this doesnt apply to you, I highly suggest purchasing your ticket online or at the Disney Store on Champs Elysees. Transportation-wise, its super easy to get there, just take the RER A direction "Marne-la-Vallee Cheesy", You'll see the station signs state "Disneyland Parc" with a Mickey Mouse head so you dont get lost . Also, I find December to be very manegable crowd-wise, just try going on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.

If you dont get this deal, I would recommend you just go to Disneyland Parc. If you get it, visit the WDS early morning and run to check Ratatouille, Crush's Coaster, grab a performance of Cinemagique! and then head to Disneyland Parc.

This year there are a lot of refurbishments. Peter Pan should be back by December, but I think you'll sadly miss Adventureland and Big Thunder Mountain in all their glory- they're covered in scaffolding. Also, prepare to see Alice`s Labyrinth in dismal state. It needs a refurbishement ASAP, sadly none are scheduled for anytime soon.

I am traveling alone but I am not a student. I already looked up how to get there on the Metro and RER from my hotel. I have an annual pass to Disneyland in California and I only live about 10 minutes away so I get to go there roughly twice a month. I'm mostly interested to see the park itself, specifically the castle and Tomorrowland. My first job was at Disneyland in 1996, which was right after DLP opened, and we all heard about how it was by far the most beautiful park that Disney had ever done. I do understand from seeing DLP updates on here that the maintenance there is not up to normal Disney standards so I'm prepared for that.
                  Disneyland Cast Member
                  Outdoor Vending
                  1996 - 1999

Comment

No worries, I have seen 2012 Magic Kingdom's Splash Mountain and I know things can also get ugly in the USA.

Enjoy the park and all its details. Dont miss the arcades and the castle walkthrough, although you must already have a list of all these things noted down .

Sadly since January a couple of AA's in Phantom Manor, the swordfighting pirates, and the onboard audio on Space Mountain have been MIA. Hopefully they'll come back for your visit! Also, the lighting is a hit or miss. Sometimes the attaractions are way too bright, and sometimes they're perfectly lit.

Enjoy!

Comment

Most of the scheduled refubishments will be over by December, although Big Thunder Mountain is not due to reopen until the middle of the month. Try to go on a weekday in early December if you can as the parks will be much quieter. Although it may be very cold!

Buy the ticket in advance online as it will be cheaper than buying at the gate and quicker. The price difference between getting a ticket for the Disneyland park only and getting one for both won't be huge, and given how close they are (10 minute walk) there is no reason not to give yourself the chance to see as much as possible. I haven't done it myself yet, but actually I've only heard good things about Ratatouille, and given that it is nowhere else, why would you miss it?

The castle is beautiful and will be all lit up for Christmas when you are there. Don't miss Dreams at closing time!

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
                        Most of the scheduled refubishments will be over by December, although Big Thunder Mountain is not due to reopen until the middle of the month. Try to go on a weekday in early December if you can as the parks will be much quieter. Although it may be very cold!

Buy the ticket in advance online as it will be cheaper than buying at the gate and quicker. The price difference between getting a ticket for the Disneyland park only and getting one for both won't be huge, and given how close they are (10 minute walk) there is no reason not to give yourself the chance to see as much as possible. I haven't done it myself yet, but actually I've only heard good things about Ratatouille, and given that it is nowhere else, why would you miss it?

The castle is beautiful and will be all lit up for Christmas when you are there. Don't miss Dreams at closing time!

I'm going to be there from 11/27 - 12/04, and I plan on going on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. I'm not concerned about the cold, I'm just hoping for light crowds. Is Dreams their fireworks?
                        Disneyland Cast Member
                        Outdoor Vending
                        1996 - 1999

Comment

Originally posted by Big D View Post

I'm going to be there from 11/27 - 12/04, and I plan on going on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. I'm not concerned about the cold, I'm just hoping for light crowds. Is Dreams their fireworks?
                          Should be very quiet during the week then, so really a very good time to go!

Yes, Dreams has fireworks, although it is mostly projections on the castle and it's fountains with music. I think they do a special Christmas version too. It's on every night at closing time, which is going to be about 7pm when you are there.

This might be a useful site for you http://www.dlpguide.com/. Nearer the time, you'll be able to find out the exact opening times, show schedules, restaurant times and what their menus and what attractions are still closed.

Comment

Disney Dreams will be Disney Dreams of Christmas- its the original fantastic show of which World of Color got a lame watered-down version (you'll recognize most of the songs and segments but you'll see them in their original intended format).

There will be virtually no crowds on your day, just bear in mind that I believe french kids get Wednesday morning off, so sometimes that may affect attendance for a slight slight bit (meaning lines of 10 minutes instead of 5 minutes, so no biggie).

As Dutch stated, the park will close around 7 am on weekdays during those days- WDS studios closes one hour earlier, as well as Fantasyland to prepare for the show. Also bear in mind that during such slow days several of the restaurants and snack booths are closed. You'll have to check the timetable to see which ones are operating .

Comment

Have great trip! We're going next month in May! I just bought our park tix online. Scroll down on their site. I found that a 2-park one day ticket midweek is only $70. It's like $90 something for weekends. Enjoy! I'm looking forward to Ratatouille, Phantom Manor for sure!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X