This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14.5 million guests! Annual Report

EURO DISNEY S.C.A."This year's results, marked by a positive operating margin, were driven by volume growth in parks attendance
    and hotel occupancy and an increase in average spending per room. In 2007, we kicked off the 15th anniversary
    celebration by introducing a fantastic new parade and compelling new attractions.
    This year's solid performance was made possible through the continued dedication and commitment of all our
    cast members, many of which celebrated their personal 15th anniversary with the Company this year.
    We look forward to continuing the celebration in fiscal year 2008 with the introduction of The Twilight Zone
    Tower of Terror attraction and Stitch Live; new experiences which only Disney can provide.
    In 2008, we will continue to execute our growth strategy and remain focused on driving this business toward
    profitability."

Source: EDL s.c.a. press release
    ----
    Cheers,
    Zarniwoop

Re: 14.5 million guests! Annual Report

Great news. Hopefully, within the next decade or so, this figure will be comparable to what the other 2-park resorts are seeing; about 20 million (Disneyland Resort)- 25 million (Tokyo Disney Resort) guests a year.
    Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

Investors took it well and EDL s.c.a. stock price is currently +11%.
      ----
      Cheers,
      Zarniwoop

Comment

Investors should be very happy its a good result. Halloween and the upcoming Christmas events should keep attendance going until the official opening of Tower of Terror and Stitch Live. But its after the 15th Anniversary ends and TOT starts loosing its buzz thats got me more concern. Can DLRP keep this momentum up once everything is open or will attendance dip. Personally I'm hoping attendance will continue to grow so it will give the company the go ahead to add more attractions in the coming years.
        Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

that very good for Disneyland Paris . I hope that will make the investors and WDC proove that Disneyland Paris is now able to have lots of visitors every years .

Congratulations Disneyland Paris !
          HKDL : Done !!!

Comment

See what happens when you invest in new attractions and actually do something that makes people visit...you get more visitors...who would of thought it!

I just hope this gives Euro Disney and Disney the message that Paris is a place that is shouting out for investment! Please fix WDS!

Comment

Originally posted by TDR_Fan View Post
              Great news. Hopefully, within the next decade or so, this figure will be comparable to what the other 2-park resorts are seeing; about 20 million (Disneyland Resort)- 25 million (Tokyo Disney Resort) guests a year.
              Well , Both of the other 2-park resorts have a huge,beautiful second park.. (in comparison with the tiny studios).

So I think that they first should make the studios a lot bigger and better, and then a number like 20 million may be possible someday..

Comment

Ok, so if I'm reading this correctly the resort had a 12% increase in revenues and lost € 42 million which is more than 50% down from its net loss the prior year?

If that's correct then it's all good news, but, wow, those debt repayments seem still to be really killing them. Did it ever reach profitability prior to WDS opening or has it always been running at a loss since opening?

Comment

No, the resort did reach profits in different times. The first one came in 1995 when space mountain opened to the public. But yes the debt payments are the big problems for the resort and their profits.

But it was a great result indeed. And they broke the 2002 record of 13 millions.
                  DLP - 1994 / 2002 / 2007 / 2010 / 2011 onwards: Annual Passport

WDW - 2006 / 2008 / 2009 / 2014 / 2016

TDL - 2016

Comment

They also announced a 100:1 reverse stock split.

Comment

14.5 million guests? I believe they were all there on the same day as me. Or so it felt.
                      The important qusetion is - how many of those 14,500,000 used Skull Rock as a lavatory?
                      WDW - 1987 & 1991
                      DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
                      DLR - October 2011

Comment

And I throught it was only Hong Kong Disneyland guest who did that sort of thing

Comment

ORWEN: No, in Hong Kong Disneyland they don't have a Skull Rock to use as a lavatory. Not yet, anyway. They probably just use Fantasia Gardens for a lavatory.

Comment

Hey! At my last visit to DLP I witnessed a little Spanish boy 'having a slash' right outside of the Plaza Gardens.
                            WDW - 1987 & 1991
                            DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
                            DLR - October 2011

Comment

Originally posted by nathan detroit View Post
                              Hey! At my last visit to DLP I witnessed a little Spanish boy 'having a slash' right outside of the Plaza Gardens.
                              Disney should re-invent in park web-cams in certain strategic locations.. like Slash Mount.. I mean Skull Rock.
                              ----
                              Cheers,
                              Zarniwoop

Comment

Wow its not like Disneyland Resort Paris has a shortage of toilets either. Animals

Comment

Originally posted by nathan detroit View Post
                                  14.5 million guests? I believe they were all there on the same day as me. Or so it felt.
                                  The important qusetion is - how many of those 14,500,000 used Skull Rock as a lavatory?
                                  Hehe,
                                  on a more serious note, anyone who visited DLRP on busy day (looks like every day nowadays) notice the serious crowd management issues of this park. Simple solution could put in place to compensate the serious staff lacking... (yeah staff is expensive in france, no wonder they can't have as many as in any other disney park) But still, stuff should be done to avoid crowd packing itself between IASW and Buena Note restaurant after the parade, or simple not being able to enter mainstreet during DLRP "special event"

I miss those california flashlighted "WALK!!!" shouting castmembers...
                                  Comparing the world's 5 Magic Kingdoms on my blog : 5 Kingdoms

Comment

If Disneyland Paris is strugling under the strain of 14.5 million guests can they cope with any more? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Disneyland Paris the biggest Disneyland ever built? I can understand the Studios being busy and crowded as they are so tiny but the main Disneyland park?

It certainly looks like all the improvements have paid off and now i'm crossing everything that the Disney company decide to keep the momentom going and pump a load more money into euro Disney so that they can double the size of WDS, add a few E Tickets and street sets and also give Disneyland a new Indiana Jones E ticket

Comment

Originally posted by yesitsme View Post
                                      If Disneyland Paris is struggling under the strain of 14.5 million guests can they cope with any more? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Disneyland Paris the biggest Disneyland ever built? I can understand the Studios being busy and crowded as they are so tiny but the main Disneyland park?

It certainly looks like all the improvements have paid off and now I'm crossing everything that the Disney company decide to keep the momentum going and pump a load more money into euro Disney so that they can double the size of WDS, add a few E Tickets and street sets and also give Disneyland a new Indiana Jones E ticket
                                      DLP is certainly the biggest MK park ever built, but it doesn't yet have the ride capacity of other parks. There's no Splash, no Indy (well not the good one anyway), no Jungle Cruise, no Subs, no Matterhorn, etc.

However, writing that and remembering the MK probably has even less rides, and that this is the most visited theme park in America, I realize that I have no idea what I'm talking about. Any experts out there on this subject? Or just another wise guy perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by pussnboots View Post
                                        DLP is certainly the biggest MK park ever built, but it doesn't yet have the ride capacity of other parks. There's no Splash, no Indy (well not the good one anyway), no Jungle Cruise, no Subs, no Matterhorn, etc.

However, writing that and remembering the MK probably has even less rides, and that this is the most visited theme park in America, I realize that I have no idea what I'm talking about. Any experts out there on this subject? Or just another wise guy perhaps?
                                        Another thing to take into account is that while Disneyland Paris is the largest Magic Kingdom in terms of sheer acreage (and the 140 acres includes those huge and empty expansion pads), the total square feet of guest accessible areas is not as large as that of the Magic Kingdom or Tokyo Disneyland. The pathways/walkways are also more winding and narrow like Disneyland's, so they cannot accomodate as many guests during peak days. However, I have yet to see the park completely fill up.
                                        Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X