Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
2 of 2 < >

Registration Policy

In order to eliminate SPAM, all new users must verify their email. Once the email address is verified, we make sure your IP address is not a VPN, proxy, or tor exit node. If you have tried to register and it was not approved, please send an email to administrator@micechat.com. We will try to resolve the issue and then you can try again. Thank you.
See more
See less

Disneyland Paris DISASTER VISIT

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland Paris DISASTER VISIT

Went to Disneyland Paris last week, knowing about various refurbishments. However, I was NOT prepared to the enormous amount of the park they took out, with no discounts at the gates whatsoever (I've heard they did discounted tickets when ordered online but this was a last minute visite). We basically left after three hours since half of the park is closed. I do applaud refurbishments as they are much needed, but doing them all at once WHILE charging full entrance is just ridiculous!

Doesn't really sound like a disaster, just you not understanding the extent of the refurbishments and planning accordingly. Advance Tickets have been discounted considerably for park hoppers and there is tons to do over both parks to cover a full day. Leaving after 3 hours wasn't a necessity at all.
    Disneyland Paris: August 1999, October 2000, March 2002, November 2010, Janruary 2013, May 2013
    Walt Disney World: May 2011, November 2011
    Disneyland Resort: September 2015
    Hong Kong Disneyland: July 2016

Comment

There is absolutely nothing to do for a full day.

Comment

May I ask what was all closed?
        I open a toy, review it and take mediocore pictures. Read all about it HERE!

Originally posted by VintageMouse;n8463446

You know best :-)

Comment

From Disneyland Paris' website: "With the two Disney Parks open 365 days a year, essential maintenance and upkeep has to happen during scheduled attraction closures throughout the season, published a few months in advance. Plan in advance and make sure you don’t miss your favourite!"

Disneyland publishes the list of rides that are down for refurbishment on their webpage, it is ultimately your decision to visit the parks after consulting the refurbishment schedule. This whole year has been full of refurbishment but in all honesty, the only rides that are sorely missed in the parks are Big Thunder Mountain and Star Tours. My cousins made a reservation for a 3 day visit this year and they were warned by the Cast Member about the rides closed. During your visit (last week of September), all the rides in the WDS should have been open, and up to now Disneyland is still offering the 2 parks for 1 offer.

Your experience, however, definitely points at the terrible under-capacity Disneyland Parc has. The last ride that has added capacity was Space Mountain in 1995. It is time we get a new big capacity E-ticket .

Comment

I was just there on Oct 20th for my first trip to Disneyland Paris.

Yes, there is quite a bit of refurbishment at the moment, with Frontierland getting the most attention and the least access. All of the closures for the day however (BTMRR and Alice's Curious Labyrinth being the only two that day) were clearly listed on the website months in advance so I wasn't surprised at all.

I could tell the park hasn't received as much attention from WDI as its USA counterparts in recent years so I call it a good sign that so much is being improved before their 25th Anniversary next year. I've seen similar refurb work at DL Anaheim in the past and enjoyed the results of those improvements. Hopefully, attendance can improve and justify more expansion in the future.

Overall, I didn't feel cheated out of a visit by the work being done. Being the off season, queues were very short (10 min for most rides). The E-Tickets that were open, Phantom Manor, POTC and the best Space Mountain of any Disney Park I've been to, were the main draw for me and fulfilled expectations. Additionally, Walt Disney Studios (which I was originally going to skip since I only was there for one day, but last minute decided to get the park hopper) had a surprise jem with it's Ratatouille ride which was very fun and quite impressive.
            Mike_M

Disneyland Trips
            1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
            1990, 1992, 1993
            2006, 2007, 2009
            2010, 2011, 2014

Walt Disney World
            2000, 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post
              I was just there on Oct 20th for my first trip to Disneyland Paris.

Yes, there is quite a bit of refurbishment at the moment, with Frontierland getting the most attention and the least access. All of the closures for the day however (BTMRR and Alice's Curious Labyrinth being the only two that day) were clearly listed on the website months in advance so I wasn't surprised at all.

I could tell the park hasn't received as much attention from WDI as its USA counterparts in recent years so I call it a good sign that so much is being improved before their 25th Anniversary next year. I've seen similar refurb work at DL Anaheim in the past and enjoyed the results of those improvements. Hopefully, attendance can improve and justify more expansion in the future. . .
              Disneyland in Anaheim was in a slump before the 50th Anniversary, but an energetic resort president (who now runs Cedar Fair/Knott's) led a rebirth of the parks and--in my opinion--they've been great ever since then. I hope Disneyland Paris makes just as impressive a comeback!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X