This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What (and why) is La Terrasse?

In the new Hollywood Blvd. facades, A fancy sign has been put up to advertise "La Terrasse", which evidently remains in its old spot.

What exactly is La Terrasse? Are we really talking about a bunch of chairs and tables here or did I miss something? Is there some sort of place where you can order snacks? It just seems like the craziest thing to boast about, or design a logo for.

Re: What (and why) is La Terrasse?

Toilets of Terror?
    ----
    Cheers,
    Zarniwoop

Comment

I throught La Terrasse as only supposed to be a tempory area to block out the future development area for TOT. When it returns will it still be tables and chairs or perhaps a tribute to the early stages of this park.
      Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

Originally posted by Malin View Post
        I throught La Terrasse as only supposed to be a tempory area to block out the future development area for TOT. When it returns will it still be tables and chairs or perhaps a tribute to the early stages of this park.
        You mean an empty concrete wasteland?

La Terrasse is officially a "food court" which is a fancy term for a small covered patio with a collection of art deco tables and chairs. There are two food carts alongside, so you can order basic snacks and drinks.

Since the placemaking, the food court has been enclosed on all sides, and is now accessible through the archways of one of the facades.
        Originally posted by fizzog
        Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Comment

Originally posted by soundtracker View Post
          You mean an empty concrete wasteland?

La Terrasse is officially a "food court" which is a fancy term for a small covered patio with a collection of art deco tables and chairs. There are two food carts alongside, so you can order basic snacks and drinks.

Since the placemaking, the food court has been enclosed on all sides, and is now accessible through the archways of one of the facades.
          "Art deco" is perhaps a tad generous of a description for these chairs and tables.

But how will it be enclosed exactly? Will it have a roof? Walls? Gates? And from the other side, they'd have to theme it in a way that its location from across the Hollywood Tower Hotel seems remotely plausible.

I still find it very strange, especially in that prime location. A shop, a restaurant, an exhibit, any of those things would have made sense.

Comment

Originally posted by pussnboots View Post
            "Art deco" is perhaps a tad generous of a description for these chairs and tables.
            You know me, Puss. I'm a generous kinda guy.

I agree that it's an odd choice for what is effectively the park's central hub. (Please not that I'm using that term loosely.)

As for the refurbishment, the structure of La Terrasse itself will remain untouched, so it will look exactly as it does in that photo, except that it is now walled off by the Mediterranean style facade that faces the Partners statue. So it has basically become a courtyard with walls on three sides and those big gates in the rear. The roof covers about half the patio, and the rest will be open to the elements.

The good news is that the reverse of the new Mediterranean facade is almost as well themed as the front, so those sitting in La Terrasse will have something vaguely pretty to look at. It's basically the first "hidden nook" of a park that, until now, has been far too open plan.
            Originally posted by fizzog
            Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
            Working...
            X