Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge

The Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge has been opened. You can find it in the Lounges section.

All MiceChat rules still apply, and all posts will be heavily scrutinized.

The forum is for topics that are Disney-related, but controversial. Topics not directly related to Disney will not be allowed.
2 of 2 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked by your SPAM filter. Approvals are done at least once per day, but no approval will be given for accounts that have not verified their email address. No account created using anonymous services will be approved. These include proxies, VPN's, and Tor exit nodes. IP address reputations are also checked. Any IP address with questionable reputation will be banned and the registration denied.
See more
See less

First DLP visit, I need food and dining recommendations!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First DLP visit, I need food and dining recommendations!

Hi all!

I'm going to DLP for the first time net Saturday and only for one day. I already know which attractions i want to hit, but I have no idea what to eat! Does anyone have any thoughts on what would be great for breakfast/lunch/dinner and snacks?

I've looked at some of the menus online, but that only tells me so much - I want to know your favorites!

TIA!

I was just there for the first time, and I can tell you that I found the food prices to be very high. The buffet at their Main St restaurant (don't know what it's called, but was their version of the Plaza Inn) was 40 Euro per person. I can tell you that the burgers at the Discoveryland restaurant (Hyperion?) were some of the worst I've ever had. I ended up eating dinner at the Earl of Sandwich at Disney Springs and that was outstanding as always.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:

http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Comment

The food at DLP is very very lousy. As Big D said, your best bet is the Earl of Sandwich in the Disney Village (a 10 minute walk from the park gates and totally reachable by foot), or the McDonalds next door.

At Disneyland Park, I would only recommend the Fuente del Oro in Frontierland, which has some -decent- and filling Tex Mex, and Au Chalet de la Marionette in Fantasyland, where you can get a decent roasted chicken with fries and a Strudel. Apart from that, I would avoid spending money in food, the value is terrible. I had dinner at the Blue Lagoon Resturant and the food arrived cold and my seafood was clearly re-heated.

Oh, and there is Colonel Hathi's for pizza, but I have never tried it since I am lactose intolerant. You can also pay around 10 euros for Spaghetti Bolognese at Bella Notte.

Comment

Colonel hathi's is ok for pizza as is restaurant bella note in fantasyland. As others have said food isn't great at DLP so consider eating in Disney village if you can. When I visited I was really disappointed by the instant coffee at the cable car bakery on main st - after all this is France!!

Comment

We were there with my son's family for about a week last May. The only memorable in-park meal was the character meal in Fantasyland. Our two granddaughters loved it. (And the face characters were fluent in English. In Disney Village we ate at the Planet Hollywood, Earl of Sandwich, Annette's Diner, and Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show. We got annual passes and took advantage of the discounts. The rest of the time we had breakfast in our hotel and ate at several counter service restaurants. Nothing memorable, but not awful either.
          Enjoy fine French cuisine with Disney princes and princesses inside Cinderella's banquet hall. Take your place at the Royal Table in this fairytale setting you'll never forget.
          Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
          2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
          2014 so far: 7846 miles, 451,000 feet
          sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X