Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

MiceChat Knott's Scary Farm Event

Tickets for MiceChat's annual Knott's Scary Farm meetup are now on sale. Event info can be found here - scaryfarm2017.eventzilla.net
2 of 3 < >

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge

The Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge has been opened. You can find it in the Lounges section.

All MiceChat rules still apply.
3 of 3 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked by your SPAM filter. Approvals are done at least once per day, but no approval will be given for accounts that have not verified their email address. No account created using anonymous services will be approved. These include proxies, VPN's, and Tor exit nodes. IP address reputations are also checked. Any IP address with questionable reputation will be banned and the registration denied.
See more
See less

TWDC wants to DESTROY Walt Disney Studios Park

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDC wants to DESTROY Walt Disney Studios Park

CineMagique will close on March 2017. This is a piece of information. Not a rumor.

But Stitch Live, Disney Jr Live on Stage, Studio Tram Tour, Armageddon Special Effects, Rock'n'Roller Coaster and Motors Action Stunt Show are also rumored to close.

A huge placemaking is rumored. This park is going to change.

Originally posted by Fultimate View Post
    CineMagique will close on March 2017. This is a piece of information. Not a rumor.
    Unless it comes directly from DLP themselves, it remains a rumour.

But Stitch Live, Disney Jr Live on Stage, Studio Tram Tour, Armageddon Special Effects, Rock'n'Roller Coaster and Motors Action Stunt Show are also rumored to close.

Yeah, I've heard something similar today. Again though, this is simply a rumour until such time as DLP make an announcement.

Originally posted by fizzog
    Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Comment

How is this a bad thing?

Comment

^ Agreed. The headline is optimistic, it can't get worse unless they overlay TOT with Guardians crap (bet they will).

Comment

Originally posted by MactheMan View Post
          ^ Agreed. The headline is optimistic, it can't get worse unless they overlay TOT with Guardians crap (bet they will).
          Hopefully after 2018, if at all. Still having Tower of Terror there is a selling point for me.

Comment

Marvelize it?
            Star Wars it?
            MY SIGNATURE:
            Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
              Marvelize it?
              Star Wars it?
              Star Wars it, definitely but please don't Marvelize it.

Comment

I hope this is true. WDSP needs a makeover bad. Any changes can only be a good thing IMO

Comment

I kinda hope they keep the show business theme. If anything, offer more attractions. Adding Ratatouille was a right direction-offer 5 more attractions like Ratatouille, the park would be excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by DLR92 View Post
                    I kinda hope they keep the show business theme.
                    I'd really like them to rethink the entire park. Keep Ratatouille and remake the rest of this park into a true theme park with with real themed lands. Some of the existing rides and attractions could remain and/or be rethemed, but only if they fit into a real master plan.
                    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                    Save

Comment

HORRIBLE NEWS. Cinemagique will go away and be replaced with something Marvel-related.... My heart is broken by these news. Cinemagique, even if dated in some aspects, was one of my favourite shows. Had they updated it with something movie-related, it would have been for the best. But Marvel.... </3

Comment

DLRP Express reports a definitive closure for Cinémagique set for 30th of march. Fin.

Really looking forward if Fultimate has more info on Production Courtyard and Backlot.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
                          Marvelize it?
                          Star Wars it?

Comment

While I'm not a big fan of IP based lands it could work here. Keep the old Hollywood themed entrance but upgrade the theming as DCA did with BV street and develop the rest of the park along the basis of movie themed areas a little like universal does.

The backlot lot area can be repurposed to a marvel area guardians TOT (I'm not a fan but I think it would be popular here), RnRC rethemed to Spider-Man or captain America, put a copy of the planned Hong Kong avengers attraction in place of the stunt show, retheme Armageddon to something like shield.

Add avatar land and cars land based on the us versions, add star wars land either here or as an extension to discoveryland by star tours, add the IJA again either as an Indy jungle land or in adventureland

Add a tron land with a copy of the shanghai ride and a tron themed version of buzz, maybe inside like mermaid lagoon is in Tokyo

add monsters inc area with a version of the Tokyo ride.

Comment

There is nothing of value in this park other than Tower of Terror. The problem with Tower of Terror, however, is just how odd of a location it's placed in. It acts as the "castle" of the park but it isn't officially. Just a terrible park, honestly, and easily Disney's worst. I hope they just close the park, tear everything but Tower down, and start over from the ground up, no matter how unlikely that is. If they really want to do something interesting, make it the never built Disney's America.
                              Bob Chapek is colluding with Russia

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X