Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Theme Park to Compete with DLP?

This seemed like the right place to post this link -- a new Paramount Studios theme park that will be in the UK and compete with DLP. This was the first I'd heard of it. Wonder if that's why the big cash infusion in DLP.

A new £3.5 billion theme park in Kent (pictured) will rival Disneyland when it opens in 2022. Bosses reveal the new 872-acre Paramount park could bring in up to 40,000 visitors a day.

This look much better than Walt Disney Studios Park. lol

Comment

In particular the mine chase from Temple of Doom could offer an experience similar to Disneyland's Thunder Mountain runaway train.
      Yeah. Or how about the Temple of Doom ride at Disneyland Paris?

Comment

Originally posted by konekobus View Post

Yeah. Or how about the Temple of Doom ride at Disneyland Paris?
        I thought Indiana Jones was part of the Lucasfilm acquisition and that Disney now owns full rights to it.

Anyway Star Trek and Titanic are the only interesting properties I'm hoping the Paramount park does get to use.

Comment

Paramount have done a deal with the BBC so the park will be able to use IPs like dr who, Sherlock, Wallace and grommit and the Teletubbies. I'm sad it's not a Disney resort but I'm glad my home city is finally getting a top class theme park resort

Comment

Originally posted by robbiem View Post
            Paramount have done a deal with the BBC so the park will be able to use IPs like dr who, Sherlock, Wallace and grommit and the Teletubbies. I'm sad it's not a Disney resort but I'm glad my home city is finally getting a top class theme park resort
            I think some of these IPs could make incredible themed areas. Personally I find this more exciting news than a lot of the new Disney projects. I hope to some day visit this new Paramount Park. It's on my radar for sure!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X