Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Any word on a PM makeover?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Any word on a PM makeover?

    With the rehabs and changes to so many attractions taking place lately, Phantom Manor stands out as an obvious candidate for some attention, particularly given all the enhancements we've seen to HM at Anaheim and Orlando in recent years. Has anyone heard anything?

  • #2
    Nothing definitive, but I seem to remember that DLP management said it would get the same extensive refurbishment treatment as the park's other major attractions (Pirates, Space Mountain, Peter Pan, etc.), restoring old effects and adding some new ones. And in an interview with the Season Pass podcast, Tony Baxter himself mentioned that he was overseeing the project. He even hinted at a really cool new projection effect for the boarding scene. It's all gone quiet lately, but I suspect the project may be waiting for a budget.
    Originally posted by fizzog
    Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by soundtracker View Post
      Nothing definitive, but I seem to remember that DLP management said it would get the same extensive refurbishment treatment as the park's other major attractions (Pirates, Space Mountain, Peter Pan, etc.), restoring old effects and adding some new ones. And in an interview with the Season Pass podcast, Tony Baxter himself mentioned that he was overseeing the project. He even hinted at a really cool new projection effect for the boarding scene. It's all gone quiet lately, but I suspect the project may be waiting for a budget.
      Tony is no longer with WDI, So that idea probably left with him.

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks for the info. Fingers crossed.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by HMF View Post

          Tony is no longer with WDI, So that idea probably left with him.
          He still works for them as a consultant. In his latest Season Pass podcast interview, he mentions that he spends one day a week in the Imagineering HQ, and spends much of the rest of the week working on WDI related projects at home. So he's sort of a freelancer, with one foot still in the door.
          Originally posted by fizzog
          Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by soundtracker View Post

            He still works for them as a consultant. In his latest Season Pass podcast interview, he mentions that he spends one day a week in the Imagineering HQ, and spends much of the rest of the week working on WDI related projects at home. So he's sort of a freelancer, with one foot still in the door.
            Still, pretty poor treatment for someone of his caliber.

            Comment


            • #7
              When I read "PM Makeover" .. but saw it was in the Disneyland Paris section I thought ... A Peoplemover remake for Disneyland Paris? They never had one to begin with. LOL

              As long as Tony Baxter is alive ... I hope he's into the ears of decision makers on all sorts of things Imagineering wise. (TL makeover - Anaheim. PM (that's PeopleMover) remake. Rainbow Caverns cave for the DLRR, etc)
              MY SIGNATURE:
              Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

              Comment

              Ad Widget

              Collapse
              Working...
              X