What do you think of the name change for Blue Lagoon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think of the name change for Blue Lagoon

According to Disney and More the Blue Lagoon's name is going to be changed to Captain Jack's - Restaurant des Pirates

Source
    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...02042929839518

What do you think of the new name in comparison to the old one?
    I like the new name better then the old name.
    0%
    I like both names about the same.
    0%
    I like the old name better then the new name.
    100.00%
    I hate both names.
    0%
    Choice not listed here.
    0%
    Originally posted by micromind
    Grizzlyhead has never been to DL. In fact, he has never even left the house he was born in. He believes the outside world is nothing more than a grand fairy tale.

Deleted.
    Originally posted by micromind
    Grizzlyhead has never been to DL. In fact, he has never even left the house he was born in. He believes the outside world is nothing more than a grand fairy tale.

Comment

Just seems totally pointless, but looking back a few of the parks restaurant and shop names have been changed over the years.

Comment

If something should change it is the quality of the food. I ate ther last year and it was embarassing for the price. I had some shrimp that were cold but "freshly cooked" - which I had to ask to get re-heated.

Comment

I signed up just to vote in this poll. My God. Some Disney executives are idiots. “Captain Jack’s”? Really? What the heck is that? A fast food fish and chips place? That’s what it sounds like. Maybe he’s the cousin of Long John Silver and his fish and chip fast food restaiurants that used to exist in the U.S.?

I cannot believe how stupid this name change is. “Blue Lagoon” was an homage to the “Blue Bayou” in the original Disneyland. It was a cool name. An elegant name. An evocative name. A twist on the old fsvorite. Then some idiot executive chabges it to this B.S, People who make these kinds of decisions, and think like this, shouldn’t work for Disney.

Obviously, I HATE IT.

JE N’AIME PAS!!! C’EST MAL!!! C’EST DOMMAGE DE FAIRE!

P.S. Someone please inform DLP that they misspelled “Ben Gunn”. On Adventure Isle, there is a sign that says, “Ben Gun Cave”. Yeah. That should be “Ben Gunn’s Cave”.Geez!
          Last edited by Blue Lagoon; 04-10-2018, 09:50 PM.
          Disneyland - the original and most charming
          Disneyland Paris - the most beautiful Disneyland ever built
          Tokyo Disneysea - the most amazing Disney park and the only non-Disneyland Disney park worthy of the original

Adventure Thru Inner Space - The greatest extinct Disneyland attraction

Take a wench for a bride! Who wants the redhead? I do! I wants the redhead!
          It’s called Pirates of the Caribbean, not Boy Scouts of the Caribbean” - X. Atencio

Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world” - The most abused Walt Disney quote ever

DESPISE: Marvel, Avatar, Shangahi, Michael Eisner

Comment

You're a bit late to the game. It's been Captain Jack's for a while now. And while I get the "homage" (I grew up visiting Disneyland) it actually worked very well with it's "new owner" Being next door to, and part of, Pirates of the Caribbean, the theme flowed easily together. Having Jack come around was a lot of fun- and again fit the location that it's at perfectly. And the food was very good.

I'd be curious about those that voted against the new name/ theme to see how many have eaten at it since and what their thoughts are now. It was one of our favorite meals and eating spots on our recent visit.

Comment

Working...
            X