X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hollywood Blvd + ToT impressions

I was at the Walt Disney Studios last friday. Here are my impressions :

"Hollywood Blvd" :

Well, i must admit I was slightly disappointed by the final result. Some parts of the "blvd" look actually great. The problem is that the whole place looks good from one specific angle: when you're in front of the Partners statue.
    When you walk down the blvd, perpective quickly becomes weird, and background facades don't look very good. Once again the Hollywood hills backdrop looks great from the Partners statue, but very different closer.

Shop-windows look great though (hoping they'll be turned into real stores some day...), and have even more details than some at Main Steet USA at Disneyland Park. Read this very interesting MiceAge article : http://www.miceage.com/guest/gu121807a.htm
    The Hollywood Blvd is certainly a huge improvement in the WDS landscape but needs to develop to become a *real* blvd.

Last edited by Olivier; 12-20-2007, 04:20 AM.

Re: Hollywood Blvd + ToT impressions

Thanks for the report! Too bad I missed it when I was there.

Comment

Originally posted by Olivier View Post
      the HTH is a very good attraction that will boost attendance for sure. It's probably not the best Disney attraction, but it's a great addition to the Walt Disney Studios, considering the nothingness that was there before.

Agreed with your assessment. TOT ia a fun ride but highly overrated...maybe because it of it's extensive theming, but the ride itself still lacks...

Comment

Backdrops just never work out if you're allowed to get near them. That's why they're called "back" drops. Disney should not have this even be a part of the "magic". They should build a REAL Hollywood Hill with the sign and put a ride within it. Now THAT'S magic!

Thanks for the pics though!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
        http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

I was hoping this Tower of Terror would be unique from the other ones, but from what I have heard, it is basically DCA's version once on the ride.

Comment

Nice TOT TR

Comment

wow nice.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostHost2 View Post
                I was hoping this Tower of Terror would be unique from the other ones, but from what I have heard, it is basically DCA's version once on the ride.
                I know right? It coulda been kinda like The Haunted Mansion or Pirates where every single one was somewhat varied. Though Tokyo Haunted and WDW Haunted is virtually the same... but I think the latest additions make them all unique now.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Oooh, sorry to abuse your thread for a moment, Olivier, but that hideous lighting rig to the left of this picture was removed yesterday. Just wanted to deliver some good news to those of us who were hoping for this.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostHost2 View Post
                    Since the plans for DCA's were lifted directly from Paris', you really can't blame the Studios for having practically the same ToT.

Comment

Originally posted by pussnboots View Post
                      Oooh, sorry to abuse your thread for a moment, Olivier, but that hideous lighting rig to the left of this picture was removed yesterday. Just wanted to deliver some good news to those of us who were hoping for this.
                      Yea I read that too. That's so cool!!! :thumbup:
                      Do they read disney fans boards or what ?

Have a look here : http://nsm01.casimages.com/img/2007/...1911533797.jpg
                      Last edited by Olivier; 12-21-2007, 09:46 AM.

Comment

congratulations, these are great pictures, sorry for the inconveniences in your trip, I always think in travel to disney but for econmical reason I can't
                        galapagos cruises - Galapagos cruises and cheap flights to brazil - cheap flights to brazil

Comment

Where are TDLFan's pictures? Before I get in trouble for asking anyone else!

Comment

Search a post (previous site i.e.) of him and take a look at his signature. Just move your cursor over the word "here

Comment

I think seeing everything look good from the Partners statue until you go in for a closer look is the point. Think of the area infront of the statue as part of the set. The set is only built for what the camera needs to see. In this situation... the camera is not intended to go into the Blvd. It's a camera trick - forced perspective. That's what DCA tried to accomplish. Disney-MGM/ Disney's Hollywood Studios' New York area is a good example. Some areas are complete facades, other parts is a painted forced perspective... Something Universal Studios Hollywood doesn't demonstrate as much as it should. Universal Studios Florida have these neat little cutouts for photo ops where if you position yourself right, gives the impression of "matte painting" to make a structure appear to have more than it really does.

It's a movie studio, they should be demonstrating this kind of stuff. Maybe a plaque would help guests understand better??

Of course, this is all a matter of opinion...

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
                              -Jurassic Park

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X