This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More trees at Disney Village

More trees are being planted at Disney Village. I think the whole place really need a new design and more trees and plants can help improve the Disney Village.

>>> Photos here

Re: More trees at Disney Village

This looks to be a 'sticking plaster' approach to the Village's many problems. I hope its the start of something much bigger.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

Comment

It's turning out to be one strange mishmash of all the "fixes" they've been implementing over the years. Having said that, this is probably the best one yet... But that's sort of like saying who's my favorite person on Fox News.

Now if only they could remove the balloons.

Comment

It can only help to have trees. The entire area is so... flat and concrete solid.
        Too bad I was not able to visit yesterday as I had planned. I would have taken photos.

Comment

How similar in style are the foliage and concrete borders to those found in the Downtown Disney areas in Anaheim and Orlando? Is there any resemblance, or is the Village taking a different aesthetic direction again?

I ask because, if we're getting the same trimmings as already exist in the US, then it may point towards the eventual style of the flooring, when the coloured concrete that's down at the moment is ripped up and replaced.
          Originally posted by fizzog
          Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Comment

The CA DTD area is classy. The WDW DTD area is a mismash of looks and not too cosmetically appealing.

Comment

Originally posted by soundtracker View Post
              How similar in style are the foliage and concrete borders to those found in the Downtown Disney areas in Anaheim and Orlando? Is there any resemblance, or is the Village taking a different aesthetic direction again?

I ask because, if we're getting the same trimmings as already exist in the US, then it may point towards the eventual style of the flooring, when the coloured concrete that's down at the moment is ripped up and replaced.
              Well, WDW's Downtown Disney is too eclectic for any sort of reasonable comparison. As for DLR's -- the foliage is difficult to compare; it's filled with such exotic greenery as palm trees and ficuses. You obviously won't see those at Disney Village (unless they once again opt for that one really sturdy kind of palm tree). The concrete borders can be found at DD, but I suppose they're not distinctive enough to draw any conclusions from.

But to turn Disney Village into DL's Downtown Disney would be an Olympic undertaking to say the very least. How do you turn that wild, heavyset, postmodern street into that refined art nouveau village?

Not that I'm all praise for DL's Downtown Disney -- it may be elegant, but it feels and looks like a mall instead of someplace you'd go to have fun. A little too L.A. for my taste.

Personally, I'd much rather they turn it into some Boardwalk-style thing and finally take proper advantage of its lakeside location. And at least that could work with the scale of the buildings.

Comment

Thanks for the pics, Puss. All we can do is hope that they pick and choose the best aspects of the American DD's without turning the Village into another chaotic collision of styles and tastes.

Comment

An update on the recent planting of tree's for the Village can be found here. As this is just the start of bigger things for the Disney Village I look foward to watching its development.

http://www.dlrpmagic.com/today/2008/...nges-for-2008/
                  Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

Originally posted by Malin View Post
                    An update on the recent planting of tree's for the Village can be found here. As this is just the start of bigger things for the Disney Village I look foward to watching its development.

http://www.dlrpmagic.com/today/2008/...nges-for-2008/
                    Cool! Thanks for update.

Comment

Disney Villege gettin' nice!

Just amazing what they've done with the Village so far:

(C) Photos: disneytheque.com
                      ----
                      Cheers,
                      Zarniwoop

Comment

Thanks Zarniwoop the tree's look good, hopely when the leaves grow we will get some sort of lights flashing in them.
                        Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

Wow, Disney Village looks really, well, tacky. It almost reminds me of a less neat CityWalk in Hollywood.

Comment

Originally posted by Malin View Post
                            Thanks Zarniwoop the tree's look good, hopely when the leaves grow we will get some sort of lights flashing in them.
                            Already taken care of. Bunches of colour-changing fibre optics are being wired up as we speak.

Comment

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X