This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discoveryland New Paint Schemes !

they just repainted the Shop and the old Visionarium and this is the new Colours .

what do you think about ?

Before :

and then now :

HKDL : Done !!!

Re: Discoveryland New Paint Schemes !

OMG, they don't get it, do they? Just because Discoveryland colors were not right for Tomorrowland in California does NOT mean that Tomorrowland colors are right for Discoveryland in France!

Ugh.

Comment

sad to say that new colours looks like Tommorrowland Colours .
      HKDL : Done !!!

Comment

It just doesn't fit the land. It's not Tommorowland, it's Discoveryland.

Comment

it went from jules verne to "hey vern!"

Comment

I hope they know what they're doing. Needless to say, although the brown was a little faded and dingy, it fit well with the Discoveryland of DLP. The new colors are a nice change, but, they could do without them.

Comment

I saw the new painting in real two days ago and I love the green - it fits with the green of Space Mountain and Videopolis. The purple stuff is needed to give an indication of Buzz Lightyear- I like it.

I also wanted to say that Discoveryland looks nice to me because of Space Mountain and the Nautilus. The rest does not really fit with the Victorian style architecture of Jules Verne.

Comment

I must admit that, from a first glance, I quite like the new colours. Not as brash as I had feared. Still, I would like to see a wider shot, just so I can see how well the building now fits with the rest of the land.
                It's the large statue of Buzz that's going to stand at the entrance that's got me worried.
                Originally posted by fizzog
                Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Comment

They just seem wrong for Discoveryland, even though they are obviously Buzz Lightyear-type colors.
                  ------------------
                  DLR '84, 85, 96, 02, 05, 06x2, 07x2, 08x2, 09, 10, 11; WDW '92, 98, 00, 06, 08, 10; DLP '02; TDR '07

Hey, check out my podcast!
                  http://www.comedy4cast.com

Comment

I am relieved! I was afraid they were going to make Visionarium into some sort of place like the Pizza Planet Restaurant, but thank god they didn't. I must admit I think it's better this way, considering that it isn't Visionarium anymore but a more 'flashy' attraction (or maybe I just like it better because the old paint job was falling apart)
                    BUT PLEASE ONLY THESE BUILDINGS IN THE NEW COLOR SCHEME!
                    - Milo

Comment

No, no, no.

It's too much. You have the brown, the green, the blue, the gold, the silver, the stone underneath, it's just too much. Balance is out the window. And so is the atmosphere it used to have... It tries to be antique retro-futuristic and er, some kind of '80s hip (or at least that's what it looks like) at the same time. And it doesn't work.

Now frankly I don't give a rat's arse about Buzz Lightyear this and Mission 2 that, but for the first time in Tomorrowland history this land had a good, consistent thing going on, a theme that worked and was universally beloved, and they're just throwing it all away for the sake of a few cheap temporary marketing circuses.

Comment

For all those who don't like it, are you basing your opinion on seeing it in person or just these two pictures. The newer picture in particular only shows a small segment of the building. Also, pictures never do justice to anything.

-Michael
                        “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Comment

Well, from those 2 pics I have this to say about the new colors..........BARF!

Maybe, as a whole, they will look better, but I feel they are making the same mistake to Discoveryland that they made to Tomorrowland 1998.

Comment

Originally posted by Not Afraid
                            Maybe, as a whole, they will look better, but I feel they are making the same mistake to Discoveryland that they made to Tomorrowland 1998.
                            Only Flip-Flopped.
                            -Monorail Man

Comment

I'm quite relieved... the purple is rather mild and the main color remains gold. I hope there won't be too much Buzz garish green.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X