This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool video of TOT opening...

Has anyone seen this video posted by DLRPKris on youtube? Very impressive. Just the type of HD projection that could transform the castle during firework shows.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...FEYNWy44<br />

Re: Cool video of TOT opening...

Yes I saw this video.

I thought it was an excellent way to open a new attraction. And the projection was really neat.

But why bother with projections on the castle? Just convert it into a giant cake instead!

Comment

Excellent use of the projections! This seems like such a waste just for the opening - let's hopw this may hint at WDS getting extended opening hours and it's own night-time show with fireworks. ToT lends itself far more to these projections than the castle due to the amount of flat area.
      WDW - 1987 & 1991
      DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
      DLR - October 2011

Comment

Yes, I saw the video, truly impressive!

Comment

Originally posted by nathan detroit View Post
          ToT lends itself far more to these projections than the castle due to the amount of flat area.
          I agree but these projections also work on the castle. TDL did this 5 years ago during their "Starlight Fantasy" fireworks..in which projections of fire were displayed on the castle, making the castle appeared destroyed at one point in the show. But the ones seen here on TOT were truly impressive.

I also would like to know who shot this video, as it appears to be a professional shot, especially the way the camera work sways and pans around as if a camera hook was used.

Comment

TDLFAN I think this is Disney's video. I remember the day after the premiere someone linked to a blog with amateur video as well as this video saying that it was Disney's.

The amateur one has all the footage whereas this "official" one was editted but the basics are all there.

Comment

Ohh my GOD I would to do see disney do that

Comment

Makes the Wishes projections look like veritable gobos.

Comment

Prehaps this show made directors of EDL to cut off Whishes. Besides it got a lot of complaints from guests.
                  ----
                  Cheers,
                  Zarniwoop

Comment

WOW! It's amazing. :bow:
                    I don't like the TOT as ride itself, but the look and the atmosphere is great.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Dex View Post
                      TDLFAN I think this is Disney's video. I remember the day after the premiere someone linked to a blog with amateur video as well as this video saying that it was Disney's.

The amateur one has all the footage whereas this "official" one was editted but the basics are all there.
                      No surprise here. The video looked way too professional to be a fan video, which now makes me wonder even more if those projections were there for real or edited in... Hmmm...

Comment

Haha, they were real, they were in the amateur video as well.

I think doing more than just edits during post production might be a bit too expensive for DLRP?
                        Last edited by B-Dex; 04-18-2008, 10:07 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

that was amazing!!

Comment

There's tons more. Take a look at this report:

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2008/04/wds-tower-of-terror-grand-opening.html
                            Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

Comment

Just fabulous! Thanks for sharing the links.
                              Jon A. Leslie
                              nojarama
                              http://www.nojarama.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X