Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

French language, culture and other nuances

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Re: French language, culture and other nuances

    Since 2005 they changed their Burgers Quality and their are quite good now .

    i also go to Mc Donald's but not Disney Village when i go to Disneyland Paris because this one has no Fried Potatoes and this one is overated . That one at Val d'Europe is quite better and cheaper and you can also take a look at the Shopping Gallery or Shop at Auchan the French Grocery Store .
    HKDL : Done !!!

    Comment


    • #22
      Re: French language, culture and other nuances

      Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
      I am not too impressed with DLRP food.
      Denise, try Walt's, the Silver Spur, the Steakhouse, the Yacht Club and especially California Grill. These are amongst some of Disney's best culinary offerings and in the case of California Grill, I would say is world class.

      We do sometimes go to McDos, but not in DLP, but at Val d-Europe - normally if the resort is heaving.

      Sadly DLP has dumbed down a number of their best offerings over the years. The Deli in the village used to be great, now it seems like a Euro sandwich shop anywhere on the continent but at 3 times the price.
      Let's put the Walt back in Disney!




      Comment


      • #23
        Re: French language, culture and other nuances

        Originally posted by davewasbaloo View Post
        Denise, try Walt's, the Silver Spur, the Steakhouse, the Yacht Club and especially California Grill. These are amongst some of Disney's best culinary offerings and in the case of California Grill, I would say is world class.

        We do sometimes go to McDos, but not in DLP, but at Val d-Europe - normally if the resort is heaving.

        Sadly DLP has dumbed down a number of their best offerings over the years. The Deli in the village used to be great, now it seems like a Euro sandwich shop anywhere on the continent but at 3 times the price.
        Dave -

        I've done a number of restaurants (including Walts), I don't have too many complaints about sit-downs. It's the counter service that is expensive and iffy.

        I have a restaurant in Paris that I like very much, near the hotel that I prefer to stay at.
        Denise

        www.mousesteps.com




        Favorite TDL Typo:

        Originally posted by TDLFAN
        I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
        on Bay Lake.

        Comment


        • #24
          Re: French language, culture and other nuances

          Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
          Dave -

          I've done a number of restaurants (including Walts), I don't have too many complaints about sit-downs. It's the counter service that is expensive and iffy.

          I have a restaurant in Paris that I like very much, near the hotel that I prefer to stay at.
          Agreed. DLP has some of the best table service restaurants in the Disney canon. But they have the worst counter service restaurants. The only counter service I will use at DLP are El Fuente Del Oro, Cowboy Cookout or Casey's Corner. All of them in the studios are bad, and they have ruined the New York Deli. Also the service is sooooo slow, it takes nearly as long as a table service.

          I feel Epcot, DAK and DL offer some great counter experiences, but overall, I try to only do table service in most Disney parks as the quality is astoundingly different.
          Let's put the Walt back in Disney!




          Comment


          • #25
            Re: French language, culture and other nuances

            Originally posted by davewasbaloo View Post
            Agreed. DLP has some of the best table service restaurants in the Disney canon. But they have the worst counter service restaurants. The only counter service I will use at DLP are El Fuente Del Oro, Cowboy Cookout or Casey's Corner. All of them in the studios are bad, and they have ruined the New York Deli. Also the service is sooooo slow, it takes nearly as long as a table service.

            I feel Epcot, DAK and DL offer some great counter experiences, but overall, I try to only do table service in most Disney parks as the quality is astoundingly different.
            Hear hear. I know there's something inherently wrong about advising anyone to go to McDonald's, but if you want a burger at DLP, it's the only sane choice. The table service restaurants however are fine to excellent.

            I've said it before, but... The French know their fine dining, but leave the burgers to the Americans.* Even at DLP.

            *Which reminds me of a popular French fast food chain called "Quick"... Quick, a bucket!

            Comment

            Get Away Today Footer

            Collapse
            Working...
            X