This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] ? about toy story mania

ok. i've looked up some info on the ride..

the 3-D glasses are needed to play the games, right?

reason i bring this up: my husband wears glasses, and generally anything that involves the 3D glasses.. don't work for him. the ones in HISTA or ITTBAB don't work..

is he gonna have a problem playing the games? we're both really looking forward to playing this...

Currently obsessed with Grumpy Cat, pro wrestling, and Disney.
    Been to Disneyland more times then I can count...
    Lover of Dole Whips and Bengal BBQ
    Massive wrestling fan.. have Undertaker & Edge's logos tattooed on my shoulders

Re: ? about toy story mania

I wear glasses too and didn't have any problem wearing the 3D ones. I didn't look at the screens without them though, so I don't know what it would look like.
    I want my cake back!
    sigpic

Comment

I wear glasses also, & I had no problem fitting the 3d glasses over my own. I did look without the 3D glasses (I know such a rebel! :wink: ) it's blurry. There is the double image and it's difficult to see the targets. He can try, but he problem wouldn't get a very good score.

Comment

It's possible to play without the glasses, but he'll see a double image of everything, and the "closer" something is, the bigger the gap between the images should be, I think. But I wear glasses and don't have any issues with the 3D glasses. Just slip 'em on in front of the normal spectacles.

Comment

I wear my 3D glasses over my regular glasses as well and haven't had any problems. You should just tell him to not bother with the 3D ones and then you'll always beat him in the game.
          A signature should go here.

Comment

thanks for the advice! we'll try to throw the glasses over his pair.. and see how they work.

Comment

3D glasses give me a headache...so I'm kinda dissapointed the ride has them...but...it'll still b fun!

Comment

Originally posted by SingingAngel7242 View Post
                3D glasses give me a headache...so I'm kinda dissapointed the ride has them...but...it'll still b fun!
                I am right there with you. I don't know what I was thinking, but it totally didn't dawn on me that this ride was 3-D. Every time I go see one of the 3-D shows (only when I am being dragged against my will) I just sit and watch them without the glasses. They are blurry, but at least I don't feel sick. I wonder how it will be since the ride is moving. Hmmm, I am looking forward to giving it a shot once and that might be the only time I ride it.

Comment

Originally posted by ministrychick77 View Post
                  thanks for the advice! we'll try to throw the glasses over his pair.. and see how they work.
                  Does he take off his regular glasses and then puts on the 3D ones?

If he does this may explain the problem because they usually work when you put the 3D glasses over prescription glasses.

The 3D glasses are exactly the same as all of the other 3D glasses for the other 3D shows.

Comment

nah.. he keeps his glasses on.

ok.. i had him describe it.. he sees the show normally, like when you watch tv.. there's no 3D effect. nothing pops out at him..

Comment

Originally posted by SingingAngel7242 View Post
                      Me too. However, unlike the eternal HISTA, Midway Mania is short. It's just a couple of minutes and thus not really long enough for eye strain to set in like how they do with the longer 3D movies like HISTA, Muppets, It's Tough to Be a Bug etc. Give it a try.
                      "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X