Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Preparing for Disneylands 55th birthday Whats in Store? Post your info here

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Preparing for Disneylands 55th birthday Whats in Store? Post your info here

    Well yes friends time does move quick, we are now almost less then 2 years away from the 55th anniversary! I am sure Disneyland management will not be passing up this major opportunity to shine like the 50th celebrations!
    Whats in store?

    We do know that Star Tours Episode II is in the works. That can most likely be completed by the 55th.

    What else? Probably a new firework show and parade.

    hopefully paint jobs for all attractions in and out.

    What else do we have in store in time for the 55th anniversary?
    Its only 2 years away!!!!!!!

  • #2
    Re: Preparing for Disneylands 55th birthday Whats in Store? Post your info here

    I agree, new fireworks and parade.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Preparing for Disneylands 55th birthday Whats in Store? Post your info here

      the new castle we've heard so much about that i can't wait for

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Preparing for Disneylands 55th birthday Whats in Store? Post your info here

        They decorating it like they did during the 50th?? I love that, it was awesome!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Preparing for Disneylands 55th birthday Whats in Store? Post your info here

          Originally posted by almandot View Post
          the new castle we've heard so much about that i can't wait for
          I missed this one, is there a thread about it? I'm presuming your talking about a make over of the castle, correct?

          I'll agree with fireworks and parade since they have been milking the current ones for so long.
          Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Preparing for Disneylands 55th birthday Whats in Store? Post your info here

            Hopefully all the monorails will be running.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Preparing for Disneylands 55th birthday Whats in Store? Post your info here

              I think almandot might mean the new Sleeping Beauty Walkthrough.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Preparing for Disneylands 55th birthday Whats in Store? Post your info here

                SWEEEEEEEEEET!!!! Will it be like "The Line Ride?"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Preparing for Disneylands 55th birthday Whats in Store? Post your info here

                  um, maybe they will actually get the eyes of Mara effect to work for the 55th anniversary...um?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Preparing for Disneylands 55th birthday Whats in Store? Post your info here

                    Outside of the rumored new fireworks show and new parade, I doubt the 55th celebration will be as extensive as the GOLDEN anniversary.

                    Any debut of new attractions will just be Marketing's way of pitching a reason to visit during the 55th. Similar to all the new upgrades we're anticipating for Disney's California Adventure, I would not be surprised if the same department will take the ball and run with it. Only true Disney fans understand the main reason behind the billion dollar overhaul. The general public will believe that anything new at the second gate was especially created for the 55th.

                    Paint jobs should be an ongoing process, and not just reserved for some anniversary milestone.

                    Didn't the 45th birthday just bring in a "new fireworks show and new parade?"

                    I'm almost positive if Disney's California Adventure would have been ready for opening in 2000, Marketing would have promoted it as part of the 45th hoopla.

                    WE SHOULD ALL JUST FOCUS ON THE NEW ATTRACTIONS PROMISED, AND NOT THE CELEBRATION/HOOPLA/ANNIVERSARY.

                    It's like getting excited over what "The Year of a Million Dreams" will bring...
                    *People JUDGE me too quickly...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Preparing for Disneylands 55th birthday Whats in Store? Post your info here

                      Originally posted by Cuddles McHenry View Post
                      um, maybe they will actually get the eyes of Mara effect to work for the 55th anniversary...um?
                      Oh I heard that effect will be fixed for the 60th
                      Seriously though that would be cool, I wish they could have done that for the indy film release. Oh well maybe for Indy 5

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Preparing for Disneylands 55th birthday Whats in Store? Post your info here

                        My Friends, is this thread that un exciting?
                        The 55th is a big magical year that is soon upon us! And now with the rumors of the Castle walkthrough possibly returning soon we have much to celebrate!!!!

                        Star Tours 2

                        New Parade

                        New FireWork Show

                        Castle Walkthrough.

                        Possible announcement of New Tomorrow land!?

                        Magic is in the air! ! ! ! ! I hope President Lincoln returns to MainStreet for the festivities!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Preparing for Disneylands 55th birthday Whats in Store? Post your info here

                          A new parade is needed for sure.
                          "A pirates life for me"

                          Next trip to Disneyland April 3 to April 7 2011 For our second honneymoon and with out the kids.:yea:

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Preparing for Disneylands 55th birthday Whats in Store? Post your info here

                            Originally posted by Anakin View Post
                            Outside of the rumored new fireworks show and new parade, I doubt the 55th celebration will be as extensive as the GOLDEN anniversary.

                            Any debut of new attractions will just be Marketing's way of pitching a reason to visit during the 55th. Similar to all the new upgrades we're anticipating for Disney's California Adventure, I would not be surprised if the same department will take the ball and run with it. Only true Disney fans understand the main reason behind the billion dollar overhaul. The general public will believe that anything new at the second gate was especially created for the 55th.

                            Paint jobs should be an ongoing process, and not just reserved for some anniversary milestone.

                            Didn't the 45th birthday just bring in a "new fireworks show and new parade?"

                            I'm almost positive if Disney's California Adventure would have been ready for opening in 2000, Marketing would have promoted it as part of the 45th hoopla.

                            WE SHOULD ALL JUST FOCUS ON THE NEW ATTRACTIONS PROMISED, AND NOT THE CELEBRATION/HOOPLA/ANNIVERSARY.

                            It's like getting excited over what "The Year of a Million Dreams" will bring...
                            Unfortunately, I agree with this for the most part. However, I don't know if I agree with the highlighted portion. I think that quite a bit of the general public is now pretty aware of the problems that Disney has had with DCA. It's been widely publicised in articles by many of the newpapers of record across the country, including the LA and NY Times. Obviously much of the public doesn't know anything about anything, but this issue has gone far beyond just the realm of just Dis fans.
                            The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
                            -Walt Disney

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Preparing for Disneylands 55th birthday Whats in Store? Post your info here

                              ORDDU: My sisters and I just created a topic thread in regard to the rumored castle walk thru, which has supposedly begun to be worked on.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X