This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rides that Need to be Replaced

Some of the greatest attractions Disneyland has ever known have been replaced while others which are cheap and unpopular still remain. What attraction needs to go to make way for something great?

My vote? "Innoventions" aka "The Rotating Commercial." The biggest waste of space in Tommorrowland.
    Last edited by Sallah; 08-17-2005, 02:33 PM. Reason: spelling

Re: Rides that Need to be Replaced

I want to say the astro orbitar. I hate its location!! Get rid of it and bring back the original!!!!!!!!! Put the rockets on that sculpture deal in the middle of tomorrowland.

Comment

Aladdins Oasis needs to be converted back to Tahitian Terrace.

I agree with you on Innoventions. Bring back Carousel of Progress and update it for the 21st Century.

Comment

HISTA- Please either replace the show with something good or tear it down and put a ride there.Heck I would even rather see a garden there!

Comment

I cringe when I say this, but I think Autopia needs to be replaced. Honestly, it fits the theme of DCA more appropriately than Tomorrowland. I wish they would build an Autopia in DCA and then replace the Tomorrowland version. Maybe incorporate this rumored Cars ride to make it part of an Autopia complex? It's supposed to be an automobile utopia after all right?

What about an Autopia land all about cars?

Just two my cents.

Comment

Disneyland should demolish DCA and make it Pixar World. You can keep the Monsters Inc and Rapids Ride and make them Pixar Themed
            Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

Comment

if i can only choose one, innoventions. blech!!

my second choice, starcade. at least the top floor. convert that space into a bar. drunk space mountain is soooo much better than sober space mountain!! :evil:
              <o>

Comment

Good choices, everyone. I wholeheartedly concur that Autopia belongs in DCA. It may be about kid's future, but it doesn't say Tomorrowland the same way it did in 1955.

To the beautiful chorus of Nix-Hista-Innoventions-AstroOrbiter-AladdinsOasis, I will add Tarzan's Treehouse. (Not the tree, mind you, just the lamely executed theme and the backward's guest-travel direction) And Winnie the Pooh may be new, but it should be among the first to go!

Oh, and could they please move ToonTown over to DCA also? And move Star Tours there while you're at it. Now that we've finally got a place to properly put all these ill-themed-for-Disneyland attractions and areas, let's do it!

Comment

The pooh ride,Autotopia,Inoventions,HISTA,TARZANS TREE HOUSE.For god sakes that is THE most out-dated attraction at Disneyland.PERIOD.It amazes me that they still have it there.
                  :thumbup: I'm back MiceChat:yea:

Comment

I also think snow white should go,the ride is really to short and Roger rabit goes to fast to follow the story line
                    :thumbup: I'm back MiceChat:yea:

Comment

Twice it's mentioned so I guess that it's okay for me to mention Autopia and the Treehouse.

Autopia was borne out of the possible of Interstate highways that were being constructed around the same time as Dizland and it's time has come and gone. Of course, Cali being California, and as my cousin explained "has an engrained car culture [he drove us two blocks to visit a friend once like in LA Story] so it's sorta into cars of every sort."

They are gas guzzling as it is (are they still gas powered, it has been some time?) and with gas being overpriced right now anyhows, get the blasted attraction out. Or upgrade.

Hovercars would be cool, for instance.

Treehouse? I have one for the kids out over the driveway (another thrill attraction is pulling up to the house and fearing the preciptation of children). The only thing I can see about keeping it is that some people don't like rides and it's a simple walk through (with gazillions of steps!), but really, I can't see the purpose.

Peace to all!
                      husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

Autopia should go. if it was the same as it was in 1955 then I would say keep it, it's one of the original rides, but they decided to redo it so it's nothing like the 1955 original. I wouldn't mind it going into DCA, (Or by the time it get's there it'll be called something else) as long as it's not Cars themed. That's too much Pixar. I can deal with Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters and Turtle Talk with Crush, but no Monsters Inc., no Nemo Subs, and please no Cars themed Autopia.

Comment

Originally posted by Olympicnut

I agree with you on Innoventions. Bring back Carousel of Progress and update it for the 21st Century.

I concur. But I'd prefer America Sings. Update it, of course. We can't have the history of America's music stopping 35 years ago.

But if I never see Innoventions again, it'll be too soon.

Comment

If the Autopia were to be moved to DCA, I think it should keep it's name.

It's obviously easier to just build a new ride like the Disneyland version from scratch rather than move the attraction across the esplanade. The whole point of "moving" it would be to keep the name and give some heart and history to a park that needs all it can get.

Comment

Now before anyone goes and starts demolishing Autopia, think back to when you were a kid and you got to drive Autopia by yourself. Do you really want to deny that feeling to the next generation of kids? Leave it right where it is, and start addressing DL's needs. Innoventions is one big wasted space. How about putting something worthwhile back in there? Go look at an old picture of TL and see how "busy" it was. It's in dire need of more transportation type rides, not less. Bring back the Peoplemover and have it go to both parks. Quit trying to sell DCA as a sand alone park, and incorporate it into DL. Just some random thoughts.
                              sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X