Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Smoking Area is getting moved

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Smoking Area is getting moved

To all of those smoker haters i have some good news brought to you by courtesy of David Michael.

Disneyland to move the Tomorrowland Smoking Section

Last year, Disney had to move the Tomorrowland Smoking section due to the opening of the new Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage attraction and the need for an extended queue. The only place they could figure out where to place it was the pathway between the Autopia Entrance and the Tomorrowland Train Station. Alas, this was a fairly narrow pathway and forced many park guests and Cast Members to walk through the area.

Well, Disney is moving the area this week to the Fantasia Gardens area (also known as the former Motor Boat Dock area). This new area will keep Smokers away from other park guests and hopefully will work better than the current location.

Thank You, maybe its one step closer to banning smoking it in the park and having a seperate area outside the park for smoking which is my dream. Hey i can dream can't I.

Re: Smoking Area is getting moved

They should have done this from the beginning. It's closer to the old closed area too.

Comment

Woot. I'm glad they are moving this Thanks!
      "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

That's practically in fantasyland, so i dont see how they can call it a TL smoking area.

I wont complain too loud though since i hated having to walk (walk my family) through the cloud to get on the train at TL station.

Comment

Aww man. I'm actually kinda sad that they're putting it there. I always go over there to relax. I get enough smoke at home with some family that smokes, now my favorite relaxing area at Disneyland will be a smoking area. I don't like this move.

And of course the poor ducks that hang out over there. So much smoke for the duckies.

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

Comment

Not everyone will like a smoking area no matter where it is (even if it's banned, it will upset some people). I like this idea because that part of the park is never used anyways and is really secluded.
            -Jack :geek:
            Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

It's about time that area is put to some use.

Comment

heh, Paradise Pier smoking section is now a hot dog cart. hahahahahahahahahahahaaha
                ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

Comment

Oh, by the way, as a disclaimer to the OP's top line...I am not a "smoker hater".

I chose not to smoke, I prefer not to walk through second hand smoke, but I do not hate those that choose to smoke.

thanks, now back to your regularly scheduled chat thread.
                  Last edited by Goofy Daddy; 06-09-2008, 04:47 PM.

Comment

^ Goofy Daddy may as well be describing me, too.

Comment

It kind of sucks now because guests would have to be directed half way across the park for the nearest smoking section.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyfan4 View Post
                        Thank You, maybe its one step closer to banning smoking it in the park and having a seperate area outside the park for smoking which is my dream. Hey i can dream can't I.
                        And what about all those people that get cranky if they go a certain amount of time? They are not going to go outside the park every two hours to smoke. I've gone to the park with those people. They are not gonna like that at all. And people who come with them won't either.

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

Comment

Is it safe to say this solution will appeal to the most people? Disney has to come up with something that is somewhere between "Smoke anywhere you want" and "no smoking anywhere, ever".

Let's give Disney a thumbs up for trying to appease both sides.

Comment

That seems awfully far away from Tomorrowland for the smoking area.

Can anyone list ALL smoking areas?

1) Near TSI rafts
                            2) Motor Boat Cruise
                            3) Big Thunder walkway

What are the others?

Comment

It sucks, they only have three smoking areas in DL. You can smoke OUTSIDE the park!!!

DCA:

1) PPP
                              2) Amphitheater
                              3) Condor Flat - across from Soarin
                              4) Hollywood - Millionaire building.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X