This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Other] David Beckham in California Adventure

So, I won a spot in the Toy Story Mania, which by the way is awesome! I could've ridden that thing more if I could. I got to ride right at 10:00am. About an hour and a half later, I noticed the ride was broken down. I went to wait at the entrance as I overheard the Cast Members saying that it would be up shortly and one of them assured me that I could indeed ride it again. I wasn't sure if my voucher only allowed one ride. Anyway, a bunch of people started running to the railings with their cameras, much to the Disney personnel dismay. Then I heard someone say "David Beckham's over there." I looked, and lo and behold, he was there waiting with his family at the handicapped entrance to board. Of course, I had no camera with me, but I'm not a soccer fan, nor a Beckham fan, I just know who he is. Anyway, when the line opened for us, they made us wait by the 3D glasses distribution area for an additional 30 minutes, just so Mr. Beckham could ride. That bothered me a little. All he needed to do was show up and say, "I want to ride." All we had to do is hope and pray for an e-mail telling us that we may ride. Even when he boarded his car and they sent him in the attraction, they still didn't let us proceed to the loading area. We had to wait until he was completely off the ride and out of the attraction all together before we were allowed to fill the rest of the line.

Anyway, it was good to see a celebrity, but it sucked having to wait so long just for him.

But the ride is awesome and is worth riding over and over again. Disney out did themselves on this one. I was very impressed.

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X