X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Fastpass System

Re: New Fastpass System

One of the most frustrating aspects of FastPass is when they run out. Perhaps this is a way to spread them around throughout the day a little more.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

Yeah I can see why they'd do it and it's not that bad of an idea, I just don't like the extra time tacked on. Whenever your fastpass is good for, you have to wait until the next time slot an hour after your fastpass window expires. So if you use your pass in the beginning of your time window, that's an extra 2 hours wait on top of however long you had to wait to use the fastpass to begin with.

Comment

Darkbeer! Help!

Comment

Perhaps it was a Windows 2000 glitch that day:

http://flickr.com/groups/disney/discuss/71820/

Comment

I had the same problem last week when I went but when I asked a CM he gave me a special fastpass ticket thing that elimanated the problem
            :thumbup: I'm back MiceChat:yea:

Comment

The windows 2000 thing might have been a coincidence, it might not have. There's obviously some software in it to prevent it, maybe this software has always been there but been disabled and when they fixed stuff they forgot to disable it again? Or maybe it's something that's new and was waiting to go on. Who knows... someone call and ask?

The only hint that this is how it's supposed to be now is that when I immediately asked a CM about it he told me that yeah you can't have more than one fastpass at a time for the same ride now. He could have pulled that out of his :!$#%: but he also could have been told that(or just noticed it happening to people throughout the day so assumed it).

Comment

Has far as I know you have never been able to hold two active FP for the same attraction. As for why you couldn't get one for 2 hours after your FP window opened is beyond me.

Comment

Are the FPs scanned after they are collected so that the system knows you are no longer holding one?
                  "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
                  - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Comment

Originally posted by Giant Panda
                    Are the FPs scanned after they are collected so that the system knows you are no longer holding one?
                    As far as what I can tell, no they aren't, but I don't have any inside information. I think time windows for Fastpasses are all based on the computer network that is passing them out.

edit:
                    There is a sticky thread on how the fastpass system works at http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5720
                    Hope this helps

DLandFansAZ
                    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

I understand not being able to have two FPs for the same attraction at once, but it is dumb that you have to wait an extra hour. Your next FP for an attraction should be available at the start of the current FP window for that ride (or, I could even see the logic in having it available at the end of that window, but not an hour after that). They are probably just trying to limit guests on how many times they can ride these big attractions (Space, especially), so more people can get a FP for it each day. It also promotes traveling to non-FP rides.
                      -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
                      I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X