X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Q about old Area in DLR

Whatever happened to Fantasia Gardens?

There used to be a small lakelike area between TL and FL where there was a small food booth and in the lake was 2 topiaries, both of the Hippo and Alligator from one scene of Fantasia.
    Sort of was on the side of Matterhorn and next to Subs/Nemo

2008-the area looks to be gone as there was a face painting stand now where the area was and the back part is empty.

did these get moved or did it get removed before 08?
    My Art site
    http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/

Re: Q about old Area in DLR

Originally posted by DisneyFan28 View Post
    Whatever happened to Fantasia Gardens?

There used to be a small lakelike area between TL and FL where there was a small food booth and in the lake was 2 topiaries, both of the Hippo and Alligator from one scene of Fantasia.

2008-the area looks to be gone as there was a face painting stand now where the area was and the back part is empty.

did these get moved or did it get removed before 08?
    Fantasia Gardens (the old Motor Boat Cruise dock) is still there - partially. The dock and a small lagoon remain. The rest of the old Motorboat cruise was filled in and part of it is an emergency exit for the Subs.

Fantasia Gardens was just made a smoking area.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

thank you
      My Art site

Comment

If anyone has a pic of these topiaries, I'd love to see it. I'm trying to track down whether or not these topiaries, and the ones in front of IASW were once part of Storybook Land.

Comment

I'm almost positive they are not Storybook Land relics. They're way too big for that scale. If I remember correctly, at some point the Hippo topiary spun around and had a water effect on it.
          Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
            Fantasia Gardens was just made a smoking area.
            Worst. Decision. Ever.

Loved to just sit and sip, and watch people. Guess no more of that...
            -Monorail Man

Comment

Originally posted by Monorail Man View Post
              Worst. Decision. Ever.

You still can, can't you?... if you can stand the toxic fumes.

Comment

Originally posted by SpectroMan View Post
                I'm almost positive they are not Storybook Land relics. They're way too big for that scale. If I remember correctly, at some point the Hippo topiary spun around and had a water effect on it.

I believe they were lined up behind the lift hill of Casey Jr. I've seen some old photos of them back there before IASW was built.

Comment

Originally posted by Monorail Man View Post
                  Worst. Decision. Ever.

It IS a shame we had to lose Fantasia Gardens for a smoking area... just as it's a shame that Big Thunder Trail is a smoking area. Both were nice places out of the rush of the Park where you could enjoy some shade and relax.

However, in both cases, they reason they became smoking areas is BECAUSE they aren't well travelled. They're away from the major walkways, and so therefore are a good place to "stash" the smokers.

Personally, I'd rather the smokers be in Fantasia Gardens instead of along the walkway to the DLRR Tomorrowland Depot. Now I can actually get off of the train there and NOT have to walk through a cloud of smoke.

Back, more or less, on topic -- I'm going to see if I can dig up photos of the topiaries. I know I have them around here somewhere, however my "photograph file system" isn't that organized yet.

Comment

While I wish the area wasnt gone, it would be ok for it to become a smoking area since its far away from the Nemo and matterhorn(TL side) lines so the smoke wont bother much or anyone.

the least they can do is fix the area up a bit so i looks more than just a concrete ramp
                    My Art site

Comment

I hope the ducks over there enjoy the smoking area.

Comment

i took a few pics last time i wwas there. if i find any, and if photobucket starts working again, i'll post them.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyphenom View Post
                          It IS a shame we had to lose Fantasia Gardens for a smoking area... just as it's a shame that Big Thunder Trail is a smoking area. Both were nice places out of the rush of the Park where you could enjoy some shade and relax.

Well, there is always The Disney Gallery!
                          Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                          An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                          Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                          Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Doesn't anyone here like smoking? I used to hang out at Fantasia Gardens and I still will. I love the smell of cigarette smoke in the outdoors. Especially in the early morning and the evening. The only thing is that the area is probably more crowded now.

Comment

Originally posted by nemopoppins View Post
                              Doesn't anyone here like smoking? I used to hang out at Fantasia Gardens and I still will. I love the smell of cigarette smoke in the outdoors. Especially in the early morning and the evening. The only thing is that the area is probably more crowded now.
                              We've all realized that it's a health hazard and aren't willing to give ourselves cancer.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X