X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • a-mad
    • Jan 2005

[Question] Question about July 4 at DLR

We have never ventured into either park around the 4th of July, but we're planning on going July 2 - 4 (Wed - Fri). We realize its going to be crowded, so we're preparing ourselves accordingly.

We thought about avoiding DL on the 4th and spending the day at DCA... watching the DEP then watching the fireworks from the Esplanade. We have never done this, and realize that we wouldn't be able to see the low-lying effects around the castle - but would hopefully be able to view the bigger shells, and the 4th of July finale. Question for the experts - how are the fireworks viewed from the esplanade? Do they pipe in the music? Will it be packed there (the Esplanade) on the 4th? Thanks!
  • EOS
    Buy N' Large
    • Jun 2008

Re: Question about July 4 at DLR

To the best of my knowledge, the music is not piped in, and yes the larger shells should be visible, but the smaller ones which make the show great won't be visible.

Good Luck though and have Fun!
    Disney, Movies and More in My Blog: http://wednesdayatthepark.blogspot.com

The World.
    Inspired by Canon
    :http://flickr.com/drtasso

"I'll Take Months that begin with Feb. for $400."
    "This is the only month, that begins with Feb."
    "Febtober."

Comment

• a-mad
      • Jan 2005

Thanks EOS.

Follow-up question for you. We've seen "Remember" several times... and love it! We're planning on seeing it earlier in our trip on either the 2nd or the 3rd. I realize much of the show's charm revolves around the park-centric "lower" shells, and the area around the hub.

For the 4th of July, however, are the additions to the fireworks display mostly "up in the sky" shells? (for lack of a better term?) Also - how much longer is the show, and do they tack it onto the end of Remember, or is it somehow integrated into the show? (or is it an entirely different show altogether? as the name on the Disneyland website implies?)

Comment

• sediment
        Banned User
        • Jan 2005

Meh. Go to the top of Mickey and Friends instead.

Comment

• Coasterguy
          New MiceChatter
          • Mar 2008

This year they are doing a real 4th of July show so no Remember on the 4th. If I can find the link I will post it. Last year they did Remember at the regular time and then shot off LOTS and LOTS of shells for another 15 minutes. We watched it from the balcony of Innoventions.

Comment

• TikiRoomLiz
            MiceChatter
            • Oct 2006

I went last year on the 4th and it didn't really get crowded until the end of the day, which of course is when people are coming in for the fireworks. I pretty much stayed until the flag ceremony and then went home.

Comment

• a-mad
              • Jan 2005

Thanks for the advice, everyone....

So, I think we're actually going to brave the crowds and be at Disneyland on the 4th. Anyone else out there experienced at enjoying the 4th of July that can provide some tips?

We thought of avoiding the Hub for the fireworks, and viewing them from Rivers of America/Fantasmic viewing area. Good idea?

Comment

• CupcakeTerror
                Sugar & Spice
                • Apr 2007

Originally posted by a-mad View Post
                We thought of avoiding the Hub for the fireworks, and viewing them from Rivers of America/Fantasmic viewing area. Good idea?
                That is a great place to view the Fireworks and most of the time a lot less crowded.

Just be prepared for big numbers in the parks, especially towards the end of the night. Drink lots of water, wear some head cover and maybe take a nap midday so you can make it to the fireworks later! You don't want to be worn out and not be able to enjoy the show. Have a great trip.
                <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

Comment

• Scurvy Pirate
                  Missing an Angel
                  • Feb 2008

Here is more info about the new 4th of July fireworks show...

In the spirit of Independence Day, the Resort will present an all-new fireworks spectacular on July 4th when "Celebrate America! A Forth OF July Concert In The Sky" replaces "Remember..Dreams Come True" for one night only. The new show salutes the pioneering spirit and enduring beauty of America, while celebrating the people, the land and the flag. It also features a brand new musical score which incorporates classic American songs such as "God Bless America," "This Land Is Your Land," and "The Star Spangled Banner."

Comment

• karen_c
                    New MiceChatter
                    • Oct 2007

wow, I haven't been to the park on the fourth for a while so I don't have current frame of reference for this but what I do recall from '99 & 2000's fourth was whole families in Old Navy Fourth of July t-shirts. It was such an odd sight to see in '99 that I returned in 2000 & continued a photo project that I had started the year before.

I know, I know, not much help to where to catch the fireworks (& yes they do a special 4th display) but why not go? I would have if I had found a house mate last month, alas I had to cover the missing rent & there went my Disneyland trip funds.

Comment

• cakvalasc
                      Disney Colorful!
                      MiceChat Administrator
                      • Oct 2006

I hope someone records a video of the new 4th of July fireworks show.

Loving Disney Since 2006!
                      Portfolio: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr

Comment

• Scurvy Pirate
                        Missing an Angel
                        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by cakvalasc View Post
                        I hope someone records a video of the new 4th of July fireworks show.
                        I was thinking the same thing as I will be working. I will be able to see them but I won't be able to hear the "story" part of it.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X