Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Jack Sparrow - No Pictures Please!!?!

I had an odd experience with the Jack Sparrow face character on Monday, June 16th and wondered if anyone could shed some light upon what happened. I live in Portland, OR and make it to DLR at least once a year. I got my photo taken with Jack Sparrow last year (you can probably tell from my avatar that I’m a fan). Since that time I joined Weight Watchers and lost a bit of weight so I wanted an “after” picture with Jack.

Is Jack living in fear of being molested by overzealous soccer moms? At least I didn’t take it personally, since anyone “over the height limit” was getting a complete cold shoulder.

Can anyone offer some insight as to why this happened?
    Last edited by Ride Monkey; 06-18-2008, 03:13 PM.
    :captain: Pirate!

Re: Jack Sparrow - No Pictures Please!!?!

Doesn't make sense RM. I mean is he just there to shake hands? You figure people would want either a picture or an autograph.

Sorry it happened to you.

Comment

He only shook hands or signed autograph books. For kids.

Johnny Depp himself is much more fan-friendly than this guy was!

Comment

Gosh thats such a bummer. I would have a bit of a sour puss on if this happened to me.(I'm obsessed with Jack Sparrow)

Facebook me!
        Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

Originally posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
          Gosh thats such a bummer. I would have a bit of a sour puss on if this happened to me.(I'm obsessed with Jack Sparrow)
          (BOLD mine) Maybe you are not alone; hence the hesitancy to interact with 'grown-up' guests. You dirty dirty guests. Shame. Shame. Shame on you all.

Comment

I'm not one of the dirty guests. I've never even had my picture taken with the Jack character, or stood in line or anything. I more so admire the Johnny Depp version.

Facebook me!
            Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

Originally posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
              (BOLD mine) Maybe you are not alone; hence the hesitancy to interact with 'grown-up' guests. You dirty dirty guests. Shame. Shame. Shame on you all.
              I assure you, fo'c's'le, that my intentions were purely honorable - even for a pirate such as I.

It's those depraved soccer moms you have to watch out for. They probably spoiled it for the rest of us.

Comment

Another good reason to bring Tom & Huck back. No housewives lusting after them as far as I can remember.

Comment

I was out on the Island last friday (6/13) and Jack was doing this exact thing. No pictures with him, barely staying in one place long enough to even get close to him. He had people trailing him all over the island with a long line waiting at the meet and greet area.
                  Most often found at a theme park

Comment

Actually, back before the island was even open, I observed a Jack doing this exact behavior around NOS...he was literally constantly moving, down side streets, over things, and around, talking to people and acting rather strangely....but for me, I saw this as being in character. But then, he didn't have a set photo place in NOS, and I figured that was the brief of the character...swagger around and interact, not hang out in one area.
                    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                      Another good reason to bring Tom & Huck back. No housewives lusting after them as far as I can remember.
                      ...and I am not a housewife, thankyouverymuch.

Comment

Originally posted by Ride Monkey View Post
                        ...and I am not a housewife, thankyouverymuch.
                        LOL. Overly libidoed Sparrow lovers? Will that suffice?

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post

Mmmmmmm, Tom & Huck.

Comment

I have two thoughts on this. #1 I think it is wrong that the individuals are so much "in character" that they would refuse pictures, interactions with individuals over the age of 10, or yell at kids who are climbing on the treasure.

#2 I am shocked at this no picture policy.

I know you had not asked for pictures, but I did want to show this one, to prove that not all Jack's act in this manner.

In this respect Jack was overly patient with our little ones. It should be in one of the TR's... but he was absolutely amazing, and my little ones love him without ever having seen the movie!

And I know others, both adults and children, have also had pictures taken with him.
                            Last edited by techskip; 06-18-2008, 03:40 PM.
                            "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Perhaps captain jack caught wind of the fact that the disney cartoon characters (unlike florida) have the freedom to walk about casually, having fun and spontaneous adventures with guests , instead of that hes just an autograph dispenser standing for an hour in a set up photo location in the hot sun. He was probably trying to just walk around .....but felt bombarded and annoyed by the mob.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X