This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Restaurant near the DLR

So my family and friends and I are going on a big trip to the parks in mid July to celebrate my 20th birthday and my mom and I were talking about where we want to eat. We decided on Storytellers, Yamabuki, Blue Bayou, and Ralph Brennan's for the big meals....my mom also mentioned a place called Belile's (spelling?) thats not in the resort but is apparently near it? She said it was my late fathers favorite place to go when I was a kid and that they serve you drinks in cups shaped like cowboy boots??? I seriously don't remember this but it sounds really fun and it would be really nice to go to this place since my birthday is the day after the anniversary of his death so to go to one of his favorite places to remember him would be really nice...

Is my mom crazy or does such a place exist??? She said it was like a western themed restaurant...I honestly have no clue what she's talking about and I don't know how to spell it but it's pronouced Behlyles...

can anyone help me out here??
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

Re: Restaurant near the DLR

Never heard of such a place...good luck though on your search!!
    Originally posted by PEZZ Lightyear
    Try the Hello Te-Kitty-la.

Comment

Probably there like 30 years ago or something. The name kinda sounds familiar to me.

I am looking for VMK Cards! Please email me if you have some!

Comment

It may not even be there anymore, but we apparently ate there when I was growing up...and I'm barely 20, so it's not that long ago...
        *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

Comment

Hey There .Sorry to tell you, Belisle's is closed. Its now where the Joes Crab Shack sits on Harbor Blvd, bout 2 blocks south of Dland. We used to go there when I was a kid, they had really huge portions. Dont remember the boot-drinks tho.
          Happy Bday to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuddles McHenry View Post
            Hey There .Sorry to tell you, Belisle's is closed. Its now where the Joes Crab Shack sits on Harbor Blvd, bout 2 blocks south of Dland. We used to go there when I was a kid, they had really huge portions. Dont remember the boot-drinks tho.
            Happy Bday to you.
            That's it! Bells were ringing left and right with PD's description.

No, it's not there anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuddles McHenry View Post
              Happy Bday to you.
              Sadly, Belisle's became a part of "Yesterland" several years now. One of my favorite places back in the day. Not only the portions, but the food was great.

Those of us around at the time will never forget the kid in the chef costme, ringing a bell walking up and down Harbor - in front of the window sign advertising the day's specials.

It was on the corner of Harbor and Chapman Avenue, across from where a big hotel now sits. It was more like a mile or two south of the park.

-- Barry
              God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Thanks Barry! Glad someone else used to enjoy Belisles! I was so bummed when I saw that it had been leveled. Wah!!!!

Comment

Belisle's was a favorite night shift Cast Member restaurant because it was open 24 hours! It was 'the pink place' with all the writing on the windows.

I have this pic of the place on my computer, but I have no idea where I got it (my apologies to whomever I stole the pics from):

Comment

Aw! That's too bad...oh well...I'm sure it was a fun place! Kinda sad I don't remember it! Well I guess I have more time in the parks

ps: my birthday isn't for two weeks...two weeks from tomorrow, in fact! on the 4th! but thanks for the early happy birthday
                    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

Comment

Originally posted by Wanda Woman View Post
                      Belisle's was a favorite night shift Cast Member restaurant because it was open 24 hours! It was 'the pink place' with all the writing on the windows.

I have this pic of the place on my computer, but I have no idea where I got it (my apologies to whomever I stole the pics from):

Wanda, if you'll pardon the expression...

"you da man!"

Err, wo-man, great lady, dyno-mite, etc...

What memories that pic brings back. And for the New Orleans Main Kitchen night crew of my era, it was either there or HoJo's on many a summer's wee small hours...

I used to be able to read that menu without glasses (LOL)...check out the prices! I'm guessing that's from the 60's maybe.
                      God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanda Woman View Post

Wow that photo brought back an instant flash back, great find!

hahah but WOW!!! I remember that place, I used to live about a block away from it. My parents would always take me and my little bro to lunch there after church. I stopped going when I started going to another church, which is probably why I forgot about it and didn't notice that it was removed for the new restaurants and hotel they have there now.
                        Everybody's got a laughin' place-
                        trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X