This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Beating the Heat at the Parks

Besides staying inside and watching Golden Dreams, what are the best ways to keep cool at both Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure without spending more than ten dollars in one day?

What time is it?
    *People JUDGE me too quickly...

Re: Beating the Heat at the Parks

Single rider line on GRR. Repeatedly!

Comment

Stand in Aashee's shadow.

Comment

My favorite cooling tip is to use one of the baby changing covers available in the Disney bathrooms, soaking it with cool water and wearing it around my neck. Works much better than paper towel.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wanda Woman View Post
          Stand in Aashee's shadow.

:lol:

Hopefully the warm breeze won't defeat the purpose.

Comment

Misters in front of Soarin', in Toon Town.

Used to have little bandana type things wrapped around a cool gel substance. if you soaked it in cold water it would stay cold for hours and you just tied it around your neck and let it do it's thing. Sold them at Walmart/Target/ outdoor stores.

Splash and Grizzly are great rides for cooling off. Especially if you immediately go on Soarin' or Pooh (blustery day feels like a blizzard after splash).

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

On a hot day I usually stay in the innovation building and people watch.
              Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

Comment

idk...when if I go during the summer we always get a room so we can rest in it when it gets to hot out.

We have went to was and stayed there for an hour or so to cool down, but that was in april....and not as hot as summer...so yeah, I don't do heat well.

I have considered getting the personal misters, but the thought of wearing it all day changed my mind.

Comment

Well as far as Disneyland goes I ride Splash and POTC as much as possible, drink loads of water, take a few shady breaks (away from the smokers) and treat myself with Ice Cream!
                  I :love: Donald Duck!

Comment

I went last August and WOW the heat was awful. I don't do well in heat at all, it makes me feel fatigued. It's hard to take your own water on hot days because it will get hot too. I almost always will bring my own but buy one or 2 cold waters at the park. Also try and take shady breaks often and go on indoor rides. Pirates is the best because its cool and long so its a nice break. Also the Tiki Room is nice too. I'd just as soon not go when its that hot, because its a little less enjoyable. Remember to stay hydrated and wear lots of sunscreen!

Facebook me!
                    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

Bring two water bottles from home and repeatedly refill them at Rancho del Zocalo or the like. Keep in mind that the Haunted Mansion (and Pirates, to a lesser degree) typically has short lines and cold AC, too. Take lotsa shady breaks.

Comment

Originally posted by Anakin View Post
                        What time is it?
                        Tool Time!

Comment

The best way to stay cool is to take a nice dip in the sub lagoon. You need to be very careful when doing this, especially now that the subs are back on and a lot of people will be flashing pictures. Enter the lagoon at the far edge of the monorail station (right edge if you are facing the water) and swim underwater (stay far right!) to the cave.

Once inside the cave, pop up and climb onto one of the ledges. Here you will find Club 33 H2O. On your right ledge, will be the non-alcoholic beverages (otter pops, squeeze-its, Capri-Suns, Juicy Juice, etc.) on the left ledge will be the adult beverages. Be sure to tip the servers as it can get a little lonely in the cave due to its extreme secrecy.
                          Ah, how strange! The molecules are so active now!

Comment

spray bottle... can pick one up at a local drug store for a couple bucks (or pay $10 at Disneyland)... Then all you do is get ice in a cup at any of the Foods locations, walk in the bathroom and put ice/water in the bottle... instant cool.
                            "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Originally posted by BoygunaSurf View Post
                              The best way to stay cool is to take a nice dip in the sub lagoon. You need to be very careful when doing this, especially now that the subs are back on and a lot of people will be flashing pictures. Enter the lagoon at the far edge of the monorail station (right edge if you are facing the water) and swim underwater (stay far right!) to the cave.

Once inside the cave, pop up and climb onto one of the ledges. Here you will find Club 33 H2O. On your right ledge, will be the non-alcoholic beverages (otter pops, squeeze-its, Capri-Suns, Juicy Juice, etc.) on the left ledge will be the adult beverages. Be sure to tip the servers as it can get a little lonely in the cave due to its extreme secrecy.

:lol:
                              I gotta check this place out!
                              I :love: Donald Duck!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X