This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report June 21st, Heat Keeps away summer crowds

Arrived at the parks today around 11ish and parked on Goofy. Either the current cost of GAS or Heat seemed to keep away the HUGE crowds usually associate with Summer. At 2:00pm the wait time for Autopia was 5min, Space Mountain was 40min. I think splash,Thunder,Indy,Matterhorn all had waits under 60min. Not to bad for a Saturday/Summer day! Yes, the heat was on 100+, but if you could stand the heat it wasn't bad. We also ventured into DCA. Rode Toy Story and waited about 30minutes. The ride did break down, but I won't add on those minutes. Grizzly had a wait time of 45 minutes around 2:00pm. We had gotten a fast pass earlier for a return time of 1:50pm. We got the fastpass at 11:45. The return time wasn't bad at all. In all the day was fun, but I'm exhausted from the heat! I'm sure with GAS hitting $5.00/gallon the crowds will be less,less,less,less, and less.

Re: June 21st, Heat Keeps away summer crowds

I'm sure the heat and the gas prices are starting to have an effect. Last weekend (Father's Day) around 6 in the evening we WALKED onto Pirates.. I mean walked right up to the boats. We WALKED onto Haunted.. lines were nonexistent.

Of course it could of been that everyone was inline for the soft opening of TSMM.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

The crowds aren't being affected by gas all that much, it is the heat. Just go to fashion island or any indoor mall and it's packed to the gills. People are also seeing movies in droves.
      Last edited by Seawolf; 06-21-2008, 11:07 PM.

Comment

That's awesome.
        =)

Comment

should be good for all my family members going tomorrow. I wish I couldve gone

I am looking for VMK Cards! Please email me if you have some!

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf View Post
            The crowds aren't being affected by gas all that much, it is the heat. Just go to fashion island or any indoor mall and it's packed to the gills. People are also seeing movies in droves.
            I know you know this, but Fashion Island is an outdoor mall. However I live two miles from there and it was 94 at my house.

I would have rather been at South Coast Plaza. LOL

Comment

Westside Pavillon was packed today and it wasn't too hot compared to yesterday. Going to any mall is a lot cheaper than running your A/C all day long.

Comment

Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
                I'm sure the heat and the gas prices are starting to have an effect. Last weekend (Father's Day) around 6 in the evening we WALKED onto Pirates.. I mean walked right up to the boats. We WALKED onto Haunted.. lines were nonexistent.

Of course it could of been that everyone was inline for the soft opening of TSMM.

I went to today for the meet and toy story mania was probably the longest line with 70 to 90 mins.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X