This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Review] Aladdin- A Musical Spectacular

I have seen Aladdin- A Musical Spectacular at Disney's California Adventure twice now (and plan to see it again when I go in September) and I highly recommend it.

It is a 40-minute Broadway-style show with lots of surprises (which I won't spill here). All I have to say is that you must see it. Just like in the movie, the Genie is the funniest and a highlight of the show. If you book a package, you will receive preferred seating for the show and it is well worth it.

The show is at the 2,000-seat Hyperion Theater (Hollywood Pictures Backlot). There are several shows a day and I recommend getting in line at least 30 minutes prior to showtime.
    Authorized Disney Vacation Planner
    Magical Travel- forum sponsor
    magicaltravelkc@yahoo.com

Re: Aladdin- A Musical Spectacular

I agree with you that this is a must see.
    Taking contributions to get me back to Disneyland!

Comment

I absolutely LOVE Aladdin. It might be my favorite thing in DCA. I've used the priority seating before but they seat you on the floor and I would definately prefer to be front row mezzanine! :love:

Comment

ORWEN: Oh! I love the Aladdin Stage show, too! But we hear it's going to be down for some sort of 3 month rehab by the time us Cauldon girls get around to flying our broom sticks out to California in October. Oh, well, at least we've seen it many times before...(sigh)
        Last edited by Witches of Morva; 06-24-2008, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Aladdin gone? Sad, very sad.

Comment

I enjoyed it a lot (first time was last Friday), though it has nothing on the Nemo musical at WDW.

Comment

ORWEN: Oh, I think Aladdin is MUCH better than the Nemo Show at Animal Kingdom. For starters, the songs in Aladdin are much prettier and a lot more memorable. The songs for Nemo come across like they were written by some little child with no talent. I can't even remember one of them. They should have had somebody like Alan Menken in charge of the song writing for Nemo, too. Then it would have had a much better score.

Comment

I love watching Aladdin!! I especially love all the jkes the Genie does!!

Comment

Got sad news for u. Aladdin is sopost to go down in Sept. for at less 3 months. So sorry to say you will not get to see it again in Sept.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
                    I absolutely LOVE Aladdin. It might be my favorite thing in DCA. I've used the priority seating before but they seat you on the floor and I would definately prefer to be front row mezzanine! :love:

this is also my preferred seating for Aladdin too! any stage shows i see i prefer to be slightly above the action...it worked great when we saw Phantom
                    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
                    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
                    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
                    Originally posted by pratt55
                    Elly is adorkable.

Comment

Yup, it's an awesome show. The soundtrack is great too, haha. I don't know if they sell it anymore though. Hopefully it sticks around for a while.
                      If we chase the stars to lose our shadow, Peter Pan and Wendy turned out fine.

Comment

We saw it last Wednesday and absolutely loved it. It was one of those things that we hadn't really planned on, but happened to be walking by as the audience was entering and they still had available seats, so we went for it.

The Genie is really good and so quick with all of those pop culture references! And the flying carpet scenes were fabulous!

Comment

it truly is a great show, try to see in more then once so you can get differnt jokes from the genie
                          sigpicDISNEYROYALTY

Comment

Originally posted by SomethingWicked451 View Post
                            I enjoyed it a lot (first time was last Friday), though it has nothing on the Nemo musical at WDW.
                            I like Aladdin better than Nemo actually.

Comment

I actually found the Genie incredibly irritating...some of his jokes, were clever, but most of the time he was really just milking it, and shouting "Myspace!" and other current-two-years-ago buzzwords does not make a joke.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X