Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

matterhorn "remain seated please" speil changed?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• matterhorn "remain seated please" speil changed?

i read on leigh-ann's myspace group that someone had ridden matterhorn recently and they had changed the infamous "remain seated please" spiel...

can anyone confirm this?
    My Roadtrip Photos

Re: matterhorn "remain seated please" speil changed?

I will try to confirm next week :ap:
    We are the makers of magic!

Comment

When I went last week it was still going.They cant remove that thats CLASSIC!
      :thumbup: I'm back MiceChat:yea:

Comment

The fantasyland side has always said "Remain seated with your seat belts fastened." then the normal spanish part. it's slightly different but it's been that way for a long time.

Comment

slightly on topic, but does anyone else feel gypped that the speil was changed in Thunder mountain? I miss the concise "hang on to them hats and glasses" as opposed to the labored and somewhat PC "Hang on to them personal belongings, especially hats and glasses"
          St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Comment

Yeah, I miss the more drunken prospector voice.

Comment

1. They can NEVER change the Matterhorn "remain seated please" spiel.
              2. What were they thinking when they changed the prospector speil on Big Thunder?!?! :rant:

Comment

They did change a few words on BTMR but Matterhorn remains the same, I was there on Sunday and my friend was actually there yesterday

Comment

thanx i'm glad it's not different!
                  My Roadtrip Photos

Comment

they changed the way the prospector ponounced it as well... he empsasizes differently...

They should just keep the speils the same unless something happens and the speil must change... then have it done the same way as the old one...

Comment

Totally.

Comment

The thing I hated on Big Thunder more than anything was the ending of the message...add more content for the idiots of the world, I understand that, but changing it from "cuz this here's the WILDest ride in the wilderness!" to "cuz this here's the wildest ride in the WILDerness!" was completely unnecessary and annoying. Switch that part back!
                        -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
                        I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Comment

They might have just enunciated it differently to be straight forward about the change and not trying to pull one over on people, perhaps out of a small salute to the original recording.

Comment

Yup, the emphasis on "wildest" made a world of a difference. I'm quite disappointed with the Disney company. :bash:

Okay, it's not that big of a deal...but I like the old spiel better...

Comment

I hate it when they change things like that. There was something comforting in knowing my son, when he is tall enough, would hear the same things I heard when I was his age. My first trip was when I was three. Granted, he's been there many, many times, but the point is he will remember the trips pretty soon now. Anyway, I guess it won't be like that on BTR anymore.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X