Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wall-e consumerism at the parks? And Possible ride tie ins?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wall-e consumerism at the parks? And Possible ride tie ins?

LOL the Buy n Large website is great!

And oh how so so true......so true its scary

http://buynlarge.com/

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

sigpic

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

Comment

I just saw a shamelessly and deliberately misleading trailer on TV for Wall-E.

It ONLY showed the cutsey robot slapstick antic scenes ONLY and all to a very up beat pop song THAT WAS NOT IN THE MOVIE and completely bogus to give the impression that the film was just another Pixar / Disney summer family romp of frivolous fun....

Shame on Disney .....

I wonder how many parents will take their kids to see this thinking it as they are advertising it only to be shocked at what it is really about??!!

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

sigpic

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
      — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

Comment

I found some more background on the film's story by playing the PSP version, which is excellent) of the game (I also have played the PS3 version which is different and no where near as good and does not have any elaboration on the story).

In the animations on the PSP game we see Wall-E back 700 yrs earlier than in the film around 2115 when the humans who can leave are leaving. All the other Wall-E's are still working, right away they show that he is a little different, noticing cockroach's that the other bots ignore, clearly for some reason from the start he was different all the other bots just follow their programming.

You hear coming from holographic ads a spiel about "BnL Starships leaving now, enjoy a space cruise and we will clean up the mess while your away..." or something to that effect. So there were more than one Axiom like starship, but again for only a select few to get off the earth.

As it turns out it is the dustbowl sandstorms that are wiping out the Wall-E bots. When the storms come they scurry frantically to get into the big metal container that we later see Wall-E living in, those rotating racks inside are for the Wall-E bots to store themselves in in cube form during the night as they are solar powered and during sandstorms... One can assume that BnL programmers didnt figure in the sandstorms.

The story then jumps 700 yrs later, so we learm that Wall-E was an original bot and is 700 yrs old! This could explain his developing personality. All the other Wall-E bots secumbed to the sandstorms, accidents and time. He apparently either survived because he was just the lucky one that was the last, one had to be the last one after all, but it would seem his unique personality aided in his survival. He cannibalizes his comrades for spare parts for himself.

I think this explains why he befriends the cockroach its because he is all alone and with all the other Wall-E bots gone he wanted company, I believe this also explains why he collects stuff and stores it in his container home, in the process of salvaging the other Wall-E bots for parts and storing them on the old platforms that they used to "sleep" mode on he began collecting other things that appealed to him to put on those platforms that are now empty of his companions to sort of fill his now empty home with things he enjoyed instead of having to be reminded that all the shelves are now empty that his other Wall-E buddies used to occupy...

that is as far as I have got in the game I am hoping there will be alot more insight into the humans and their fate as I get thru the game more....

Play the PSP Wall-E game (you can rent the games so as not to contribute to consumerism :-) it is like an extension of the film and tells the story more in depth...

sigpic

— Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by GothicManor View Post
          Play the PSP Wall-E game (you can rent the games so as not to contribute to consumerism :-) it is like an extension of the film and tells the story more in depth...

Thanks for promoting the theme of the movie. Also, thanks for the information. That was interesting and nice to have a little back story.

Comment

Working...
          X