Announcement

Collapse

Gumball Rally 2018

Tickets are selling fast! Act now to reserve your spot. http://micechat.com/events/rally
See more
See less

Of all the "PIXAR Movie Based" attractions in DLR, which is your favorite?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Of all the "PIXAR Movie Based" attractions in DLR, which is your favorite?

Poll Coming Soon, and from what I have been on....Astro Blasters...
    Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters (Toy Story)
    14.41%
    Toy Story Mania (Toy Story)
    25.23%
    It's Tough To Be A Bug! (A Bug's Life)
    9.01%
    Flik's Flyers (A Bug's Life)
    0.90%
    Francis' Ladybug Boogie (A Bug's Life)
    0.00%
    Heimlich's Chew Chew Train (A Bug's Life)
    4.50%
    Monsters Inc. Mike And Sulley To the Rescue! (Monsters Inc.)
    8.11%
    Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage (Finding Nemo)
    13.51%
    I believe an upcoming Cars, Incredibles, or Wall.E ride would be better.........
    16.22%
    I realy dont like any ride that is associated to PIXAR movies........
    8.11%

Re: Of all the "PIXAR Movie Based" attractions in DLR, which is your favorite?

I know I'm probably in the minority but I really like Monster's Inc. in DCA. :blush:

These are all the attractions I can think of off the top of my head:

Disneyland:
    - Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
    - Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

DCA:
    - Toy Story Midway Mania
    - Monster's Inc. Mike and Sulley to the Rescue
    - "a bug's land"/"it's tough to be a bug"
    - Pixar Play Parade

Comment

Yeah it took a while for the poll because I couldn't think of the small bugs ones in DCA besides Tough to be a bug

Comment

We have 3 leaders!

Comment

I haven't been on the nemo subs, so I'd have to go with Toy Story Mania. I rode Midway Mania in FL and it was AMAZING. I'm not sure Nemo can top that.

Comment

Sorry, but I'm all burnt out on Pixar, I'd like to see something new and original in the park. I go to Universal Studios to ride attractions based on movies, I go to Disneyland to experience new and original themes and innovative ideas. I do like Toy Story Midway Mania and think it's an excellent idea with a brilliant execution, not to mention it replaces a cheap food place. But they have gone completely overboard with the present and future Pixar rides at Disneyland and DCA. One or two is okay, and even expected, but to model every new attraction after a Pixar movie is just retrogressing.

Toy Story Midway Mania is Pixar done right because it doesn't rehash the Toy Story plot, it's theme is practically custom made for the characters, it's a relatively small and innovative ride, and it includes a huge range of characters (unlike Buzz Astro Blasters). So far this is the best Pixar-related ride, but I really think they should quit while they're ahead.

Comment

I've only experienced BLAB, It's Tough to Be a Bug, and Monsters, Inc. Of those three, I'd probably vote for ITTBAB, which is kinda funny, since I tend to prefer physical environments over 3D movies, all else being equal. But all else is not equal in these cases. BLAB just feels cheap to me, and kinda frustrating in terms of getting points, too. Monsters, Inc. is a surprisingly solid Fantasyland-style dark ride, and it does what it sets out to do, but I'm not huge on that style of attractions.

I'd put my money on Radiator Springs Racers, once that attraction opens, though. It sounds like it'll be pretty fantastic.

Comment

As of now, Toy Story Midway Mania, but I'm hopeful for a WALL-E major attraction in Tomorrowland in the near future...

Comment

Never been on the nemo subs. I have been both on BLAB and TSMM the ride I enjoy more is BLAB.
                  "You are watching FOX"

Comment

I Love TSMM!!!

Very AWESOME ride!!
                    Originally posted by PEZZ Lightyear
                    Try the Hello Te-Kitty-la.

Comment

I'll choose the Nemo Subs. To me, they just feel so immersive.
                      Going to Disneyland this July!!!

Originally posted by TortillaChip520
                      if shia labouf was watchin me all day, i'd beat his ***. at least have a good actor stalk me
                      GUEST: "Excuse me, where is Toy Story Mania?"
                      CM: "It's right here."
                      GUEST: "No, that's Toy Story MIDWAY Mania, I'm looking for Toy Story Mania."

Comment

I chose Midway mania, It is the most fun of the bunch IMO. I have high hopes for Radiator Springs Racers though and I would of said yes to that on the poll if you didn't put Wall-E and The Incredibles there.

BTW I don't really support Wall-E or the Incredibles going into Tomorrowland, Wall-E although technicly fitting, is in a bleak, sad future, and of course the Incredibles have nothing to do with Tomorrowland. So those guys can't really go anywere...why bother trying to fit them in? Why not make attractions that are original? I don't mind the Pixar or movie based rides as long as they're not ads for the movie or have nothing to do with their surroundings...or just plain suck

Comment

monsters inc.

Comment

I chose It's Tough To Be A Bug, but Astroblasters and Monsters Inc. would be close runners-up. I have yet to ride Toy Story Mania so I can't judge that one yet.

I'd pretty much chose any of the options, except for Nemo Subs. I was completely underwhelmed with the result -- although it's better than an empty, unused pool of water.

Comment

Havent been on TSMM but BLAB is my all time favorite.

Comment

Working...
                              X