Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Disney's Aladdin - A Musical Spectacular closed after July 21st?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Is Disney's Aladdin - A Musical Spectacular closed after July 21st?

I checked the calendar and after July 20st it is not scheduled...

Re: Is Disney's Aladdin - A Musical Spectacular closed after July 21st?

The show generally doesn't go up on Mondays and Tuesdays, as far as I know. If you keep checking further down, on the 23rd, it is scheduled.

Comment

you are rigth! I am visiting DLR on august 4th and 5th (monday and tuesday) and it is not scheduled.

Thank you

Comment

Maybe later in 2008 Toy Story: The Musical will take over Aladdin: The Musical. I heard a rumor that Tarzan Rocks might also take over.
        "You are watching FOX"

Comment

Aladdin is scheduled to close for a few months around Labor Day to allow for refurn and a re-casting. The casting notices have been sent out, and if it is for Aladdin, so no chance of a new show for awhile.....
          Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyMousePal View Post
            I heard a rumor that Tarzan Rocks might also take over.
            Tarzan Rocks is highly unlikely. Finding Nemo: The Musical however...

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
              Aladdin is scheduled to close for a few months around Labor Day to allow for refurn and a re-casting. The casting notices have been sent out, and if it is for Aladdin, so no chance of a new show for awhile.....
              OK, I'm confused now.......

Is the casting FOR Aladdin? Or maybe for Aladdin?

Comment

Tarzan Rocks = Horrible Mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by KISSman View Post
                  Tarzan Rocks = Horrible Mistake.
                  wouldn't Toy Story: the musical also be? just sayin'...

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post

why are they re casting?

Comment

Originally posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
                      why are they re casting?
                      Because it is something Disney does on a regular basis. It allows Disney to get rid of a few actors they are not happy with, but don't have an excuse to fire (such as showing up late too many times). This is a regular occurrence in all Disneyland Entertainment shows.

Also, this will allow Disney to save some money during a slow time, as Aladdin will be dark from Labor Day until around Thanksgiving. And while they will have to pay the cast to rehearse, they don't have to pay for users and other types of crowd control, and things like cleaning the Hyperion.

And yes, the Audition notice is for Aladdin, and NOT a new show.

Heck, Disney has cut back High School Musical 2 to just 3 days a week (Fri, Sat & Sun), even during Summer Peak, so it is clear that Disney is watching the budget, even though they just opened a major new attraction in the park....
                      Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

ok thanks darkbeer.

Comment

Aladdin is one of the few major draws in DCA, it's too bad they'll close it for so long. I'll miss the Asian girl who plays the flying carpet, she does an amazing job and has boundless energy in the role.

Comment

oh yeah she is just amazing as carpet.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Manning View Post
                              Tarzan Rocks is highly unlikely. Finding Nemo: The Musical however...
                              I wish Finding Nemo The Musical would come to Anaheim.. That has to be the best Disney stage show of all time!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X