This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do they do Indy?

You know in the beginning when you go through one of the doors and then you get taken past the animatronic Indiana Jones and into the main area? How do they have three doors? Are there really three seperate passage ways with three animatronic Indys? Or do they connect at one point or something? This has bugged me for ages, because I can't figure it out for the life of me.
    Did you hear about the three blondes who were driving to Disneyland?
    After being in the car for hours, they saw a sign that said "Disneyland left" so they turned around and went home.

Re: How do they do Indy?

Yes, there are three diffrent doors.
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

Comment

I'm almost positive that they connect at some point because those show buildings are BIG and there isn't room for three of them. But I DO know that they really are three doors, although I think they only use one "track" per day.
      Member of the Disney Class of 2005
      Disneyland CM for 4 years.
      May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

There is only one tunnel, with one Mara, one Gates of Doom, and one Indy animatronic. The three doors are part of a chamber that can rotate. While you are boarding your Jeep, that chamber rotates so the single track leads to one of the doors. I mean, the track doesn't move, but the doors do. At the same time, lighting effects and so on are activated in the tunnel beyond the door, in order give it the theming appropriate to that door. Do you remember seeing mirrors up ahead while you were boarding your Jeep? Sometimes, those mirrors appear to be moving. That happens when the 3-doored chamber is rotating, thus making you enter through a different door than the Jeep before you.

It's a pretty good effect...makes you feel like it's a whole different adventure, even though you physically take the exact same route.

Comment

there are not 3 doors:
          There is a wall with 2 fake doors and one real door. The wall moves so it looks like there are 3 different rooms
          It feels like there are 3 different rooms because of lighting

Comment

http://www.scottware.com.au/theme/images/trkindy.gif

5 doors. 4 fake, 1 real. moving walls. picture is animated.

Comment

umm.. actully i dont think there are 5 doors
              The doors highlited on the site are real, ignore the others that arent
              There are only 3 doors
              (i ask a cast member a few years back)

Comment

5 doors makes sense to me, but then I'm not really into all that technical stuff. I can never figure out magic tricks either...
                "George Bush... is only for now."
                Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind! :cwink:

Comment

Three doors that that can move in order to give the rider the feeling that you are on a different adventure every time you visit the attraction. All three doors are functioning but only one door is used at a time. There is only on track.

Comment

Don't be mislead by that picture. It can be a bit confusing. pveticket is correct in saying that only the highlighted doors are real. This is meant to represent the room rotating, but it isn't done very well.

Let me put it this way. There are three real doors, but only one doorway. When the room rotates, the appropriate door moves to be directly in front of the single doorway. You then drive up to the door, it opens, and you pass through into the single tunnel.

Just to recap: 3 doors, 1 track, 1 doorway, 1 tunnel. All that moves is the room containing the doors.

Comment

Definetly one of the most convincing FX on the ride. I never got it till I saw the scottware pic.
                      Last edited by rytheguy; 08-20-2005, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Once when I sat in the back of the jeep I turned around in the Mara room and saw the wall moving for the next jeep. Now I wish I could un-see it.
                        Last edited by spacemountain85; 08-21-2005, 01:06 AM.

Comment

Its a oval like wall that allows it to move

Comment

^ Exactly.

Originally posted by spacemountain85
                            Now I wish I could un-see it.
                            Don't you hate that feeling? I feel the same way about the lighting fixtures in POTC.

Comment

Sometimes you just are too curious, you wanna know how they do it
                              I know how you feel lol, but it totally ruins the experience

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X