This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News worker falls this morning? 070208

Saw on good day la this morning some footage of fire dept and so forth up top of the star trader/star tours building claiming someone fell.

Thought this could be some gossip for the day, so why not post up on micechat?
    -Ricky
    DLand Connoisseur
    http://www.djrickyjay.com

Re: worker falls this morning? 070208

Hmmm!! Haven't heard that one yet..hope they are okay!!
    Originally posted by PEZZ Lightyear
    Try the Hello Te-Kitty-la.

Comment

Someone had posted a trip report photo with people standing on top of the building asking why they were there, I wonder if this is it?

Comment

I feel sorry for the poor guy and hope he's ok.

But the question begs, what was he doing up there? Was he fixing the roof or was some type of surveying being done for bigger and better things?

Comment

They are redoing the roof on the Star Trader/Star Tours building. Its been going on for a week or two already and is going to be for another couple of months from what I know.

And ABC7 says that a worker fell off a ladder and looks like they had to bring a cherry picker in to bring him down. I really think that is why this even MADE the news. Its the fact that the AFD was called in to help get the worker off of the roof because there is no easy access up there.

And thats it...
          Last edited by Autopia; 07-02-2008, 09:39 AM.

Comment

ANAHEIM (KABC) -- The Anaheim Fire Department responded to Tomorrowland in Disneyland at 7:21 a.m. after reports that a worker fell three feet from a ladder onto a roof.
            THREE FEET????

Comment

Originally posted by Wanda Woman View Post
              THREE FEET????

But from a ladder.....

Did You Know They Use Water To Make ICE!!

Comment

Originally posted by b236en View Post
                But from a ladder.....
                Yeah, it was from a ladder so that makes it newsworthy!

Comment

It amazes me that you can't sneeze and fart at the same time if you work at the resort without the news calling attention to it anymore. I mean do you realize how many minor incidents happen in any business? Especially one with a property this size? I'm waiting for the day when someone working after hours trips and falls in front of Matterhorn and scrapes their knee and has Air7 flying overhead with a camera pointing to the person.

Comment

Oh sheesh... three feet off of a ladder, probably wasn't even hurt. Slow news day in Anaheim?
                    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

Comment

Three feet is news? Reaching, news people, reaching.
                      Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
                      : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

Comment

KABC has information the most information on the incident;
                        http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...cal&id=6240949

Comment

OK, I work for a property management company, we own 27 commercial buildings and have had minor incidents like this happen at times. Air7 was never there. But because it's at D-land I guess it's newsworthy

Comment

Redoing the roof on the Star Tours/Star Trader/Starcade building? Argh, that means having to wait till new aerial photos come out for me to redo that part of my model...

Glad the worker isn't seriously hurt. Says he fell 5 feet and suffered a minor shoulder injury, which doesn't seem unrealistic at all. Kinda weird that it'd make news, but oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Olympicnut View Post
                              OK, I work for a property management company, we own 27 commercial buildings and have had minor incidents like this happen at times. Air7 was never there. But because it's at D-land I guess it's newsworthy
                              And possibly the fact that your property management company isn't owned by the same company that owns KABC-TV.... And the fact that those buildings are not a major Southern California landmark known the world over.

PS...I agree that this was shaky news judgment, at best.
                              God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X