• Show
Clear All

• [Other] OC register poll asks about worst ride at disneyland

http://ocresort.freedomblogging.com/...at-disneyland/

Why tiki room?
    My Art site
    http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/

Re: OC register poll asks about worst ride at disneyland

Well.. I, personally, am not a huge fan of the Tiki Room.. my reason is because the whole "rain dance/song" part kinda gives me the creeps.. but that's a personal thing..

I usually only go in there to cool off when it's a really, really, really hot day at the park..

I love the Dole Whips near by..

DISNEYLAND: It even makes science geeks look cool!!

Comment

Interesting, they ask what the worst ride is and then give the selections, tiki room, golden dreams, and HISTA.

Comment

Three of those aren't even rides, and Golden Dreams is at DCA. If we're including DCA, then there is no doubt that Mulholland Madness is the worst ride.

Comment

LOL.. Mulholland Madness..

I always feel like I'm going to fall to my death in the ride..

DISNEYLAND: It even makes science geeks look cool!!

Comment

The Tiki Room?? :bash:

Ok, I mean, it's on the list for obvious reasons but it doesn't deserve to be on the list...

I honestly haven't seen it in years though. :blush:

Comment

I really enjoy the Tiki Room. It now plays to near capacity crowds on many days. I can't imagine it being listed as a "least favorite." I still get amazed whenever I visit the birds of paradise. My daughter loves the magic fountain.

MM is ok for an off the shelf attraction..but it doesn't measure up to Disney standards as being an immersive attraction.

Golden Dreams is just awful. That would get my vote...or Heimrich's whatever you call it...I HATE that ride...

Comment

Golden Dreams, no doubt.

Hmmmmmmmmm............ Autopia could be the worst ride ever!!

Comment

OC Register makes me sick most of the time. They should know better than to use the term "ride". It's attraction. And I wish I had known about the preliminary voting. Right now I think HISTA is the winner, if you ignore the votes for "there is no bad ride".

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                  http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

I've gotten used to the fact that most people who reply to things on newspaper sites are only doing so to bash whatever the topic is. I'm not surprised that they don't "get" Disneyland -- and therefore don't "get" it's a small world or the Enchanted Tiki Room.

The reason they're on that list is probably because they're one of about four attractions most people can remember the names of in the first place. C'mon, you're saying Jumpin' Jellyfish and Astro Orbitor are better than Tiki?

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                      OC Register makes me sick most of the time. They should know better than to use the term "ride".
                      But the question is, do they have to?

Comment

Hmm it must be a slow day at the oc register lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex E View Post
                          But the question is, do they have to?
                          Let's not split hairs here. The term "attraction" is "Disneyspeak", used by employees and super-geeks like us. To most people, they are "rides". And I believe that the Supreme Court would uphold a first amendment challenge by the newspaper.

-- Barry
                          God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

I am sure they would have gotten a totally different result, if they hadn't made it multiple choice.
                            BarbaraAnn

Comment

Hi everyone_

I'm the reporter who writes AroundDisney.com for the Orange County Register. I also was the writer on the poll you are discussing. If you would look at the link posted at the beginning of this thread, you'll see that both terms "ride" and "attraction" are used in the post. That is simply because I wanted to mix up the terms used. Also, the Register did not "select" these five options for people. Again, if you look at the blog post linked to in this thread -- the very beginning of the post has a link to our first poll, in which we let people add attractions to the poll and vote on those. The blog post you are referring to is a semifinal poll -- meaning we took the best of the first poll and are now having people narrow down to one final "worst" attraction. Thanks for understanding the content you are writing about. _Sonya Smith

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X