Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was denied the Single Rider line.

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Trip Report I was denied the Single Rider line.

    Who would have thought this would have happened.

    Statement #1: I do not feel that there should be a LIMIT on the single rider line... (I will not state how many times I went into the line) When the single rider line was closed, I did not force myself in, I waited patiently. Is it possible to abuse a Single Rider line?

    Statement #2: When the line is open, it means that the merger is willing to take single riders when THERE IS AN AVAILABLE SEAT.

    Statement #3: I was denied by ONE CM. The other CMs did not give me a second look.

    Me and my brother stayed at DCA for 3 hours. I told him the single rider line was open and he was ecstatic because he loves the ride so much. So we went to TSMM and took the Single Rider line, knowing that there is a chance we would be separated. We did not have a problem with that.

    The line was on and off throughout the afternoon...but around the 3rd hour, We were denied entry into the line...

    "You boys cannot do this...come back later"

    "Fine"

    I took it up with guest relations and asked them their policies on the single rider system. Nobody seems to read the brackets...(I would totally lose my cool if I took it up with the offending CM and/or a manager on site of the ride...) The guest relations CM stated they run their own show. I asked if there was a limit imposed on Single Rider lines. The CM said no.

    I have had no problems doing this for Screamin...


    So I filed a complaint against the CM and asked for a prompt response...
    Last edited by BCC; 07-06-2008, 09:03 PM.
    Check out my Toy Story Mania 500,000 Run.
    www.twitter.com/BCC4321



    Ask me Anything.

  • #2
    Re: I was denied the Single Rider line.

    you rode it, I take it you rode it several times. I say give others a chance and go on something else. Sorry no sympathy.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: I was denied the Single Rider line.

      Yea...I"m sorry that my brother is 10, he does not have a problem riding alone and that I was trying to be a caring older brother and was trying to let him have the most fun possible.
      Check out my Toy Story Mania 500,000 Run.
      www.twitter.com/BCC4321



      Ask me Anything.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: I was denied the Single Rider line.

        I would have been totally on your side, until you said your brother was 6. That seems young to me to ride alone.

        Otherwise - I think once you pay your ticket, you should be able to ride anything you want, single rider or not, all day long. I know someone who did 1000 times or so on Everest at AK, I think he did 500 Mission Space rides. Disney doesn't place a limit on rides.
        Denise

        www.mousesteps.com




        Favorite TDL Typo:

        Originally posted by TDLFAN
        I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
        on Bay Lake.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: I was denied the Single Rider line.

          It'll open later in the summer and not trying to be rude or anything, but I have seen kids his age stand in line and we all know (or majority) that the line moves faster then what the wait time says.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: I was denied the Single Rider line.

            It's quite possible they're testing whether having single riders or not affects their counts. Next time visiting the brand new ride on a summer weekend, bring some patience and maturity.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: I was denied the Single Rider line.

              Originally posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
              you rode it, I take it you rode it several times. I say give others a chance and go on something else. Sorry no sympathy.
              I'm sorry but wha?

              I don't see how he was not giving others a chance.

              I don't quite understand the Single Rider Line, but they use those people as 'fillers' correct? (5 people can fit in a car but there are only 4, so they grab a single rider to fill it?)

              He wasn't cutting in front of other's, he wasn't telling others 'sorry this line is closed' he was doing what everyone else was doing, enjoying a ride any way he can.

              Are you trying to say that I can't go on a ride over and over? Like if I go on pirates, and when I'm done I want to go again, I can't?

              I don't see anything wrong with what YOU did BCC, you waiting in line like everyone else.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: I was denied the Single Rider line.

                It seems silly to me that you are damaging a CMs career without asking that CM for their own explanation. I've been denied entrance to the single rider line on Screamin' when I was with a group of people who have never been to Disneyland before. We didn't have time to wait in the regular line, but everyone in my party got over it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: I was denied the Single Rider line.

                  He's not giving others a chance?!?!

                  They only use single riders if there is a vacant seat trhat otherwise would go unfilled, so he's actually helping.

                  There is no limit on SR and the CM had no right to do that. You can user the single rider line just like any other ride. I would have called a manager
                  WELCOME ABOARD
                  THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: I was denied the Single Rider line.

                    Originally posted by Clawdee View Post
                    I'm sorry but wha?

                    I don't see how he was not giving others a chance.

                    I don't quite understand the Single Rider Line, but they use those people as 'fillers' correct? (5 people can fit in a car but there are only 4, so they grab a single rider to fill it?)

                    He wasn't cutting in front of other's, he wasn't telling others 'sorry this line is closed' he was doing what everyone else was doing, enjoying a ride any way he can.

                    Are you trying to say that I can't go on a ride over and over? Like if I go on pirates, and when I'm done I want to go again, I can't?

                    I don't see anything wrong with what YOU did BCC, you waiting in line like everyone else.
                    Originally posted by Eric5675 View Post
                    He's not giving others a chance?!?!

                    They only use single riders if there is a vacant seat trhat otherwise would go unfilled, so he's actually helping.

                    There is no limit on SR and the CM had no right to do that. You can user the single rider line just like any other ride. I would have called a manager
                    No I am saying he could have gone on other rides, maybe come back later? was it that important to have to report the CM ? how many times did this guy go on it?? he never said. my feeling is the same, go on something else, maybe come back later. you rode it, maybe a lot of times so you had more fun then most standing in the lines waiting patiently. so anyone can get into the lines over and over, thats cool, but if the cm said no then go do something else and come back. whats with the tantrums??

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: I was denied the Single Rider line.

                      Please read my first post... The instances I would like to articulate are in red.

                      I understand that one member has stated I should bring maturity...I do not believe I could have contained myself at the ride's location. I know I would have lost it.
                      Check out my Toy Story Mania 500,000 Run.
                      www.twitter.com/BCC4321



                      Ask me Anything.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: I was denied the Single Rider line.

                        I'm sorry if you don't agree with this but no matter how old your brother is and you are I don't think it is right for people to use the single rider pass when they are with others..you should wait in line like everyone else.
                        "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: I was denied the Single Rider line.

                          I don't think it's a tantrum, I think it's a 'I paid $90+ to ride this ride, why can't I?' thing.

                          I know I would be angry if I paid that much to go in and was told no. Knowing me though I'd sit and ask the CM why, get angry, argue and then go report them XD

                          I just don't like the fact that the CM said no, with out any explaination. If it's not against the rules, and if they are doing testing, I'd like to be told that. I'd be very cool about it, 'testing? Nifty, ok I'll go get in this line! Thanks for telling me' but just telling him no you can't go 'WTF I paid to ride this ride, why can't I get on?' and then proced to get angry.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: I was denied the Single Rider line.

                            I would hope you would forget about this isolated incident in the coming weeks and move on as I have when I've encountered a CM that I didn't like or did something I thought wasn't what I thought he/she was suppose to do.

                            Things could be worse is what I say.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: I was denied the Single Rider line.

                              Originally posted by PretzelSouls View Post
                              I'm sorry if you don't agree with this but no matter how old your brother is and you are I don't think it is right for people to use the single rider pass when they are with others..you should wait in line like everyone else.
                              I have used the single riders line occasionally while visiting with friends (mostly WDW). I don't see it as a problem at all - as long as the friends/family are willing to be apart for the ride.
                              Denise

                              www.mousesteps.com




                              Favorite TDL Typo:

                              Originally posted by TDLFAN
                              I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                              on Bay Lake.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X