X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Two random questions...

These really don't have anything to do with eachother, but here it goes:

1. I'm gonna be in the parks next weekend and I was wondering how crowded it would be? I usually go around this time every year and it's always crowded but I've been reading that the crowds aren't too bad right now because everyone is staying home due to gas prices and stuff like that...

2. My friend said she read somewhere that they were going to change Soarin' over California? Why would they do that? I think they should leave it alone and just change the one in WDW...I would be devastated if they got rid of the beautiful score...

Thanks in advance for all your answers!!!
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

Re: Two random questions...

Originally posted by princedalton View Post
    These really don't have anything to do with eachother, but here it goes:

1. I'm gonna be in the parks next weekend and I was wondering how crowded it would be? I usually go around this time every year and it's always crowded but I've been reading that the crowds aren't too bad right now because everyone is staying home due to gas prices and stuff like that...
    http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...008-86961.html

2. My friend said she read somewhere that they were going to change Soarin' over California? Why would they do that? I think they should leave it alone and just change the one in WDW...I would be devastated if they got rid of the beautiful score...
    I haven't heard anything about them changing anything on Soaring out here. I think I saw something about updating the one in WDW but to my knowledge nothing is being done to ours in the near future. Perhaps farther down the road as DCA gets updates more.

Thanks in advance for all your answers!!! [/QUOTE]

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

I can't say about park attendance, but the rumor about Soarin' is new to me. Considering how much is already on WDI's plate for DCA, I HIGHLY doubt that one of the park's few original masterpieces is on the chopping block--or the surgery table, as it were.

Comment

I hadn't heard that rumor before... but they better not change Soarin'. Okay, maybe they could refilm the L.A. flyover, since that shot is so shakey it hurts.

But keep the Disneyland part as is! There's a moment of APer pride captured on that film -- Me and Horse_bunny in Town Square, pointing at the low-flying helicopter and lamenting the fact that once upon a time, you never used to see things like that.

It's one of my favorite things to point out to friends and relatives. :-)

http://horseandrabbit.com/TEMP/soarinblur.jpg

(upper left, which is really the lower right of Town Square -- Horse_bunny in the pink with her jacket draped over her arm, me next to her in the blue/grey with all the camera gear. Taken before they started announcing "no photography" of course.)
        Last edited by Disneyphenom; 07-06-2008, 10:39 PM.

Comment

I read that one thread about crowds...but I've been hearing that it hasn't been very crowded lately so I'm hoping it stays like that
          *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

Comment

My wife commented today that it was more crowded when we bought our AP's (April) then it has been in the weeks since. This was backed up by my CM friends who wrote down the estimated attendance on the weekends we visited. I can not say that every weekend will be the same, but if the past weeks are any indication then it will be a light to moderate crowd. Most "E" Tickets were on average 20-30 minutes and most high capacity attractions were walk-ons. SoCal select is also blocked out... which may be part of the impact as well since the gas crunch is keeping people local and locals aren't willing to fork over $40 for the day if they are blocked out.
            "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Why change Soaring, it is one of the only reasons for going to DCA.
              sigpic

Comment

Just a thought, but before the Fourth of July fireworks show, they asked everybody to stand up for a few minutes then sit back down. During the show, I also noticed a few helicopters flying around the park. Maybe it was one that looped around, but yeah. Think they could be trying to film a new ending for the ride?

Comment

I had heard that there was a possibility that Soarin' over the World will come to DCA, and I have my doubts that the helicopters recently had anything to do with it. (That's really awesome you're in the film by the way Disphenom.) I don't think anyone really knows anything yet, but MasterGracey did add it to the DCA project tracker as a possibility, and he doesn't usually add stuff there unless it's pretty reliable. Perhaps he or someone else may have more info. I hope it doesn't happen though.
                  The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
                  -Walt Disney

Comment

I for one sure hope they keep the current Soarin' theme. Otherwise they'd ruin the DCA theme.

Comment

I highly doubt they are changing Soarin'... but if they were to re-film they HAVE to redo the Tahoe shot. I live practically at Tahoe and I have never seen it like that. The lake is covered by a cloud... you can't even see it! The LAKE is beautiful at Lake Tahoe. It'd help if it was visible.

Comment

Well I know that I will be completely devastated if they change it. Mainly because of the score. It is so incredible. I believe Jerry Goldsmith composed it? I may be wrong, but whoever created this amazing piece is truly talented. But yeah. I'm just stayin positive. We have no control over what they're going to do...on another note, I really hope the crowds are similar to the way they have been lately this weekend!!!
                        *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

Comment

Maybe they could have an alternate Disneyland ending for use outside of the Christmas season?

Comment

The disneyland Soarin scene was filmed during the annual Cast Member Holiday party. Which is why if you didnt notice the parade is actually sitting still and not moving. The cast members in attendance were told to stand and wave at the low flying helicopter as it passed 2-3 times overhead. And no there are no rumors to modify soarin in anyway...thats comin from skip himself...
                            You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

Comment

If there is any thought even of doing a remake of the Soarin' film, then it won't be until after this first round of DCA makeovers is completed at the very earliest. They are going to need some good solid rides that are popular and have a following to keep people there and entertained while things are boarded and walled up.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X